It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Hole "Ejects" Earth - Similar to Cow Mutilations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hi. I saw this old clip of the "mystery hole ejecting earth"

www.liveleak.com...

and it almost immidiately struck me that there were similarities between cattle mutilations - many of the animals have broken bones as if they were dropped - although this is not as widely reported as the surgical precision cuts in the animals. I know this has been discussed previously here on ATS - FOIA documents show...I can't rember it off the top of my head - I will find it - anyway, here's an interesting article on the subject as a source.

"To add to the mystery, there is no sign of a struggle nor are there tire tracks or footprints around the carcass - not even of the animal itself. Occasionally bones are broken at the point where the carcass has impacted the ground, suggesting it had been dropped from some height."

www.abduct.com...

and directly referencing those FOIA docments:

"Federal evidence confirms that some animals have been dropped from altitude causing broken bones and depressions in the ground. And, the only markings ever found at the sites have been tripod marks."

I'm new to this, so the tripod markings are new to me.

www.ufodigest.com...

Regardless, has anyone seen this before and if so has it been explained?
Why would anyone have wased their time doing it so precisely and in such a remote area? How bizarre.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 23-4-2009 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Your link doesn't appear to work. I may be doing something wrong, but I don't see a story or a video or anything.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
Your link doesn't appear to work. I may be doing something wrong, but I don't see a story or a video or anything.

Bah, sorry about that LiquidLight. Should be working now. I hope this is enough to get by the character censor.

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
very interesting. I suppose there may have been something buried there that extraterrestrials may have wanted to get at.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight
very interesting. I suppose there may have been something buried there that extraterrestrials may have wanted to get at.

It is strange nonetheless. It wouldn't suprise me if a couple a good ole boys went a drinkin and a hole diggin - or even say there was something supposed to be buried there - a treasure! Why would the thieves go about it in such a way? Surely moving a three ton block of earth like that is difficult sans machinery? Like that for no reason? Hmmm.

ColoradoJens

edit cause i am sleepy

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Looks like someone took a tree spade and pulled a plug of earth and moved it.

Wonder if this guy has neighbors into practical jokes and have a tree spade.

If this area gets a few feet of snow someone could drive the tree spade in and do the joke and the next snow would cover the tracks and in the spring this is just what you would find no sign of how it was done.

Or maybe the farmer is into playing jokes on government scientists.

www.optimaltreespades.com...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I remember watching an amazing documentary of cattle abductions and mutilations, which showed the area of most occurrence were where atomic testing took place and large surrounding areas decades before
Originally, the government body in charge of this research, when it was open to the public, would have had to publish its findings.
Afraid of what findings it may uncover, the government officially closed its research into atomic contamination and left the grounds open for people to graze their cattle.
Continuing its research from behind closed doors, means that any findings do not have to be published, no matter how dangerous they are. The cattle graze constantly on the grass lands, and their soft tissue areas are taken for examination. People blaming it on aliens is OK from the Governments point of view as it takes them from the equation, and any helicopters seen in the area can be suspected of only trying to track down the 'alien' perpetrators.

I don't know if this is true, but it certainly gives an excellent alternative.
The program showed where atomic and nuclear testing took place, and correlated it perfectly with areas of high cattle mutilation. Also it showed that the first reported cattle mutilations began after the government closed its public findings on the radiation in those areas.

If you take into consideration that the people who are flying these copters are human, then you'll know that they'll do things to wind UFO researchers up including dropping the dead cow from high up, or similar, just to break up the monotony

As for the reported earth ejection, that is bizarre! If it was a core sample then people tend to take the sample with them, unless they have already checked what they wanted. Question is, if its in the middle of nowhere, how long had it been excavated? it could have been a few days, to a week or two. There is snow on the core, so some time has passed since it was removed. I'd say it was removed by someone interested in the area and was thinking of buying it, subject to a ground survey. They didn't want to pay for the survey officially so had it done in secrecy. Time and snow covered their tracks for them.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Looks like someone took a tree spade and pulled a plug of earth and moved it.

Wonder if this guy has neighbors into practical jokes and have a tree spade.

If this area gets a few feet of snow someone could drive the tree spade in and do the joke and the next snow would cover the tracks and in the spring this is just what you would find no sign of how it was done.

Or maybe the farmer is into playing jokes on government scientists.

www.optimaltreespades.com...

I agree on your points. Still, three tons? In one piece? Hmmm.

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

If you take into consideration that the people who are flying these copters are human, then you'll know that they'll do things to wind UFO researchers up including dropping the dead cow from high up, or similar, just to break up the monotony

I can see that. I am no expert on either subject - I was somewhat drawn to cattle mutilations due to the fact the Denver Post ran a story regarding several recent mutilations in southern Colorado - very bizarre once you start to look into this stuff? Pure Hemoglobin? That's a strange way to wind up someone but perhaps it works...

Also, I agree with your assesment that someone may have been sampling the earth, but why not simply excavate the hole and dump the earth in the most nearby convenient spot? What Machine does these circular cuts and moves them that far without leaving tracks? Thanks for the post!

Just to keep it moving; here are some more "mystery hole" stories:

www.farshores.orf...

www.firstcoastnews.com...

www.truthed.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The best kind of pranks wind up with people believe it was done by an alien.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

Never said it was an alien - I said it reminded me of cattle mutilation cases - I dont claim to know what the heck those things are about, but I found it odd - perhaps it's just me - but what kind of prank exactly is this? As the report states by the nature of the land on which it was found, there was a good chance no one would have found it - for a long time. Why go to all the bother and since when is earth moving such a hilarious past time?

Now, I found this from coast to coast and it's a good read. Sounds like something from the Ring.

www.seattlechatclub.org...

Ha! I'm sure there are many here on ATS who know about MEL and his hole!! Here is a little more info just gleaned:

In 1997 radio host Art Bell first introduced his listeners to Mel Waters, a man from Eastern Washington who claimed to have discovered an ancient and apparently bottomless pit on his property. The story of the hole was remarkable enough, but the subsequent events took an almost surreal bent- Mel was threatened into silence by the US military, exiled into cushy Wombat Restoration service in Australia, and tipped off to a second bottomless pit in Nevada. As the story unfolded over the course of several years, it garnered many followers, not just among connoisseurs of paranormal research, but among artists and writers as well."

www.imaginativeworlds.com...

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by logician magician

Never said it was an alien - I said it reminded me of cattle mutilation cases - I dont claim to know what the heck those things are about, but I found it odd - perhaps it's just me - but what kind of prank exactly is this?

Ok, well that wasn't even directed at you, but thanks for letting me know.

Obviously it's a prank that wound up on the local news. That's probably good enough for someone.... and I have a feeling that that someone was probably the local news station.

Come on, it's not like we hear stories of chunks of dirt being moved all the time. This is the first time I've ever heard of this, and that video looked like it was 20 years old as well.

As the report states by the nature of the land on which it was found, there was a good chance no one would have found it - for a long time.

Historically, it was found 100% of the time
The guy saying that, and also speaking of "no tracks being found" in an area that snows.. it just all seems too stupid to be true.

Why go to all the bother and since when is earth moving such a hilarious past time?

All the bother? Are you saying it was difficult to do? If so, how do you know?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Logical Magician, sorry I thought that was directed at me, being the OP. If not, who was it directed at? Also, I am making no claims to what this is - I have already asked and will ask again; what machine would do this (a) and leave no tracks (b), as stated in the old (yes, but why does it matter?) video. I am curious and wonder if anyone else knows of this?
Thanks for the post.

ColoradoJens

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I've just re-watched the video

The guy who is being interviewed, has not disturbed ANY of the snow to look for tracks underneath. Once the snow had melted, he may have seen tracks which would explain why this story was never continued.

As for what sort of machine could do this, then:

Something similar to this?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
I've just re-watched the video

The guy who is being interviewed, has not disturbed ANY of the snow to look for tracks underneath. Once the snow had melted, he may have seen tracks which would explain why this story was never continued.

As for what sort of machine could do this, then:

Something similar to this?

You're right on that. Perhaps he's missed the tracks. Maybe there weren't any tracks and the story was never continued due to one 70's outfitted geologist being "dissapeared". I have no evidence to back that claim, but simply because there is snow does not mean there are tracks.

As for the concrete borer machine, no use for moving three ton chunks of earth major distances. Sweet machine though. I was hoping someone would know something more specific about this here on ATS. I have been adding info to my posts over the last couple of nights regarding "mystery holes" but nothing more on this. Hmmm. Thanks Daisy-Lola

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Hmmm. More myster holes in the earth...

weirdnews.aol.com...

The director of the nearby Raritan Valley Community College planetarium inspected the mystery crater and concluded that a meteorite hadn't struck the area.

new topics

top topics

join