It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World economy in severe recession, IMF says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

World economy in severe recession, IMF says

finance.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Wednesday slashed growth forecasts for every major country and urged governments to take forceful action to ensure the world economy's recovery from a severe recession.

In its latest World Economic Outlook, the IMF said the global economy would likely contract 1.3 percent this year in the deepest post-World War Two recession by far.

Growth is set to re-emerge at a sluggish 1.9 percent next year but the pick-up depends on aggressive measures to repair a poorly functioning financial system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Well there really isn't anything i can say here that i havent said before.

I think almost everyone on ATS knows they want to establish a one world currency

And this is just another step is making it all possible.

I can see how looking forward to a new currency would be nice, you know being able to buy more with your AMERO then your DOLLAR or whatever, its just to bad it will be over inflated just like the dollar and we will be back in the same boat.

Money has to be backed by something.

finance.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edited typo.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dkman222

This putting it out there but I think that this gobal economic "crisis" is all made up anyway. Granted yes there were some obvious documented missteps, but not enough to ruin the world. I mean jeez...we can make money out of thin air anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

interesting, it was nice of them to say severe recession instead of depression, i mean come on when will it be a depression?

they could be just saying this though to get more money out of the U.S. from obama (reason for that statement here www.reuters.com...)

[edit on 22-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interesting, it was nice of them to say severe recession instead of depression, i mean come on when will it be a depression?

they could be just saying this though to get more money out of the U.S. from obama (reason for that statement here www.reuters.com...)

[edit on 22-4-2009 by baseball1

whats the old saying. "a recession is when your neighbor loses his job, and a depression is when you lose yours". I continue to say that this recession will never be labeled as a depression until congress lose there's. and if this ever happens ill make sure i keep an old bottle of wine for this special occasion

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wait were in a recession? OMG! how awful! I can't believe this, how did this ever happen? All the crazies and nuts were right?! And I am not prepared at all?!
wait........
I knew this all along somehow....?
This isn't news, this has been happening for some time now....?
I am one of those crazies my mom told me about......

Anyway s&f.

Edit for bloody spelling errors.
[edit on 22-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
While I certainly don't doubt that we're moving from a recession to a depression, I don't think I want to hear it from the entity that placed us there...on purpose no less.

I hate the IMF, I hate the world bank, and I hate the Federal Reserve...it's just one big group of tricksters.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad

The definition will change from recession to depression when everyone runs out of happy pills, (which something like 75% of America takes) then it will be a depression, entill then it should be called a denial.

top topics

join