It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pulitzer-winning investigation that dare not be uttered on TV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterybee
I think this is just one more reason why it's good to be bilingual. Not only is it good for your brain muscles to speak a second language, but it also increases your outside news radius and gives you a new perspective to evaluate. I always try to get my news from within and without US sources. (Also I think it helps if your second language comes from a country with a reputation for good journalism and a low rating on the government corruption scale.)

My own news "wake-up" call was at the beginning of the Iraq war when news sources from 4 different countries reported on particular event 4 totally different ways. From that day forward I doubled my grain of salt with every bit of news I read
))

This is also the sort of thing that makes me feel sad for the way PBS is being funded more and more by corporate sponsors. For now I think they still present a solid alternative to commercial news but I fear for many viewers it's a snoozefest to hear people calmly presenting or discussing current events for longer than 20 second sound bites.

Um - there are an awful lot of countries outside the US which speak English - try not to forget that American isn't a language.

Almost everyone in western Europe speaks English, they all have English news broadcast, there are over half a dozen Arabic English news channels as well. All of this was freely available to anyone with an interest in finding out.

The problem is not English, it is American solipsism and parochialism.

Your own leading Jewish intellectual wrote about this years ago in manufacturing consent and spoke of it again in SEVERAL recent books - Chomsky.
This is not the media's fault it is yours for a having such a narrow mind global perspective - even when Americans try and broaden their horizons and do the right thing they stuff it up.

Learn some humility.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I can't say that I'm surprised about this...

Not just because of the fact that the MSM pundits are routinely provided with talking points and guidelines for what to say on the air regarding sensitive subjects, but also the fact we didn't even HEAR about this at all.

Nope not surprised in the least...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ugh! It reminds me of....
Goebbels, anyone?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If this does not make people pay attention to the real power in the world I don't think anything will. How many threads are on this site about how the Elite are in complete control of the major news agencies? This is just one more nail in the coffin of delusion that people are trying to live in, if anyone but us pays attention that is! There is not one thing that is not carefully orchestrated and scripted that is allowed on these MSM networks, not one.

I must agree with Max Igan, turn off the television it is warping the world!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
not surprised at all that the New World Order would try and hide there Corruption of the military. This just proves what we have all been saying all along, and what many others have to. There is a Elite oligarchy that suppresses the information we ingest. The military industrial complex has been hijacked for decades and is there Muscle arm. The reason they want to control the media (4th branch of government) is to condition us to be desensitized violent remorselessness mercenary's for there army. When we have used up our usefulness they will discard us like trash, because that is what they have always thought of us.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Awesome post Mike! gave you a star for details behind the scenes! I am a big time conspiracy buff and it's pretty much kept me right on track over time.

Appreciate the courage~!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There are 2 updates on Salon.com to this story already if you guys haven't read it as yet.. I'll post them below ..

UPDATE: Media Matters has more on the glaring omissions in Brian Williams' "reporting" and on the pervasive impact of the Pentagon's program on television news coverage. Williams' behavior has long been disgraceful on this issue, almost certainly due to the fact that some of the "analysts" most directly implicated by Barstow's story are Williams' favored sources and friends.

On a different note, CQ's Jeff Stein responds today to some of the objections to his Jane-Harman/AIPAC/Alberto-Gonazles blockbuster story -- quite convincingly, in my view -- and, as Christy Hardin Smith notes, the New York Times has now independently confirmed much of what Stein reported.

UPDATE II: For some added irony: on his NBS News broadcast last night suppressing any mention of David Barstow's Pulitzer Prize, Brian Williams' lead story concerned Obama's trip to the CIA yesterday. Featured in that story was commentary from Col. Jack Jacobs, identified on-screen this way: "Retired, NBC News Military Analyst." Jacobs was one of the retired officers who was an active member of the Pentagon's "military analyst" program, and indeed, he actively helped plan the Pentagon's media strategy at the very same time he was posing as an "independent analyst" on NBC (h/t reader gc; via NEXIS). So not only did Williams last night conceal from his viewers any mention of the Pentagon program, he featured -- on the very same broadcast -- "independent" commentary from one of the central figures involved in that propaganda program.

On a related note, Howard Kurtz was asked in his Washington Post chat yesterday about Mike Allen's grant of anonymity to a "top Bush official" that I highlighted on Saturday, and Kurtz -- while defending much of Allen's behavior -- said: "I don't believe an ex-official should have been granted anonymity for that kind of harsh attack."

This article needs to be flag like 300 times for the simple fact that I've been 'preaching' this kind issue to a friends and family since 9/11 along with how the MSM is NOT investigative journalism any more.

Friends at work takes everything that NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FAUX as hook, line and sinker and then labels me with 'conspiracy nut'.. I TOTALLY FEEL vindicated by this article~!!

The American public's free thought as been hijacked by the MSM. I've since given up on trying to convince him that the whole Iraq War was and is illegal from the get go because Congress was circumvented by Bush going to the DoJ and getting their blessing. However, this may be a straw....

yes.. there are 'wizards of Oz' behind the curtains, however, I'm afraid that, in the near future, investigative journalism will be outlawed because of articles like this.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's about time for this.

For someone in the MSM to do real journalism and to be rewarded for it by a legitimate association.

Most of the gen pop are so gone it really doesn't matter anyways but at least the few of us can rejoice knowing we are on the right track and not a bunch of over paranoid political buffs

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
1) The CNN News Director stated quite clearly there were military "interns" in the news room on 9/11/01. "On loan" from the Pentagon. How soon we forget.

2) I have read that over 100+ of our Senators and Congress members hold investments in corporations that make billions on Defense related items, like weaponry. In a like manner, Sen. Feinstein's husband is benefiting from a bill that she pushed through regarding foreclosed homes and government subsidies for selling them. Criminal. Both parties, (as if they aren't in fact ONE party pretending to be two), rotten to the core.

So, this is no surprise, just confirmation of what all of us already know, just some won't admit: criminals run the show in D.C.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Whatever network you prefer? Did you just find your mind, only to lose it again in the same breath?

These networks tell the lie, the whole lie and nothing but the lie.

EVERYTHING they tell you is either false, or missing something important, or utterly biased. How can you prefer any of them?

I prefer the one where they get drawn and quartered first. They are selling death and slavery - and should be held accountable - what they are doing is treason - and they should be brought to justice.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is EXACTLY what Immortal Technique was talking about on The 4th Branch back in 2003, this has been going on for a while now.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
On August 22 1992 a Tropical Storm named Andrew finally hit Hurricane status and was tracked to go ashore somewhere around Jupiter inlet late the next evening. A Category 1 storm headed towards a relatively unpopulated part of the otherwise densely packed South Florida Coast.

Over the next 24 hours it began to grow, hit the Bahamas and was still forecast to skirt the coast and go ashore in a weakened eyewall state still around Jupiter...South Floridians used to Hurricanes and not to daunted by Category 1 and 2 storms paid it little heed.

One TV Weatherman on NBC's Channel 4 named Brian Norcross implored his Miami audience to not let their gaurd down despite what the National Hurricane Center and other Networks were saying. Conditions are ideal out there for it to grow rapidly and it's close enough to the coast that if it decides to turn it will be on us before you can do anything about it.

Of course few people listened who were watching the National Hurricane Center was forecasting differently so were the other stations. But in the wee hours of the morning with most people sound asleep Category 5 Hurricane Andrew raged ashore at Homestead just south of Miami with winds topping 175 miles per hour and no way to tell to this day just how high they topped 175 miles per hour because the wind destroyed every last meter in it's path. 40.7 billion dollars of damage occured, 90% of homes in Dade County had significant roof damage, 117,000 homes were completely destroyed 65 people died, Homestead Airforce Base was so badly damaged it was decommissioned and the Squadran relocated to Italy even the National Hurricane Center itself was destroyed and would have to rebuild later further inland as a future precaution.

Because only one Weather Forecaster called it right, a not to popular one up to that time, he became over the course of that long dreadful night Miami's Hurricane Guru.

From henceforth any Hurricane that approaches any and every South Florida Resident checks out what Brian Norcross has to say about it, regardless of what Station they normally watch, or what the National Hurricane Center says...

He is so popular in fact his reputation survived the scandal of Home Depot and Lowes paying him on average 220,000 dollars a year in gratuitous payments.

Brian Norcross says board up...people head to Home Depot and Loews...and Home Depot and Loews writes Brian Norcross a check.

A lot of false alarms in the years since Hurricane Andrew have resulted in big business for big business because someone the public trusts to sound the alarm, alarms them and prompts them to action when he does...and the businesses that benefit from it, make sure he benefits from it.

Simply put at the end of the day our media reporters are salesman...whether they are selling a war, a politician, an emotion, an oppinion, or lumber to board up your windows they are little more than powerful pitchmen and sales gurus expert on selling ideas...

Now as Jack Cafferty on CNN would say...did the National Hurricane Center know? South Florida had become so complacent after not having a direct hit in decades that it was hurricane proof. Did they know and only feed the information to Brian Norcross to give him future credibility which when you are a salesperson the number 1 thing you need with your customer is credibility?

I don't think so but it could be...you never know what goes on behind the scenes unless you were there with them.

Would retired Generals have ties to Military Contractors and Active Service Personnel? Of course they would...

Would a weather man have ties to Home Depot and Lowes? Yep!

Whether you are watching the News a TV Sitcom or a movie, what you are really watching is the Home Shopping Network!

Don't you just love how capitilism works?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join