It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Cop Arrests ABC News Reporter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, April 22, 2009

It’s becoming a disturbingly familiar scene in America - aggressive, overbearing and mentally unstable cops who think that it is an arrestable offense not to obey their every order - harassing citizens who have done absolutely nothing wrong.

The latest example comes from El Paso, Texas, where a local ABC news reporter and his cameraman were arrested simply for something they routinely do every day as part of their job - filming traffic incidents."

Just goes to show you that a lot of cops out there think they have authority over you... until there is a lot of us then they get scared. This cop needs to be fired.
Full article and must see video

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by longstalker

I watched the video. That's scary. I don't think the reporter did anything wrong. I'm not sure what that cop was thinking. But, he just ordered the guy around, abusing his power. I mean, the reporter was leaving and that's when the cop cuffs him. And, it didn't sound like he was too nice to the camera guy. The camera guy had to put the camera on the ground (but he kept it rolling) so you could hear the scuffle and see shadows. Btw, even though he put the camera down out of haste, he got a really interesting shot.

insane!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by longstalker

I bet this goes on much more than most would think.

Many people would react defensively to this cops bad attitude, I know I would and the minute you do that, you are resisting arrest or being cheeky etc.

I wonder how long it will be until you just have to all out attack these idiots when they come over to even speak to you as this is becoming a regular occurance.

Police are like a bunch of chocolates these days, you never know what your gonna get and just like chocolates not many like the ones which contain nuts.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How does it feel to look into the face of the American future?

This type of situation will only become more prevalent as the elite and their buffers from the plebiscite rabble feel the people wake up and start asking questions.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house it get closer to 1984 everyday.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Where are these police officers getting the idea that they are our lord and masters?

When did they stop being public servants and become grand overseers?

They have parameters that they have to work within and they have no right to give illegal orders to the public just because it pleases them and then expect the public to follow blindly.

They can not make up rules and laws on the fly and then arrest you for failing to follow their individual requests and whims.

This has to stop and it has to stop now before it is too late.

This is just another stage in the war against the law abiding American citizen.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm glad this was posted, all of these need to be put online so it goes nation wide.
This will make it easier for all to look out for cops like this. And film them.
I can see now a huge law suit coming , and it seems that is what it takes to get departments like this under control. When they have no money they do not harm anyone and will start to be more careful how they treat people.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think the reason this cop reacted to being filmed, or the incident filmed(accident) was what the military vehicle and or cargo trailer carrying military equipment. What was so special about these vehicles? was it cargo they didnt want seen on the news? Was is the individual military personel they didn't want being seen? There is more to this than a power drunk cop. There was more to this story than we will ever know.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
I think the reason this cop reacted to being filmed, or the incident filmed(accident) was what the military vehicle and or cargo trailer carrying military equipment. What was so special about these vehicles? was it cargo they didnt want seen on the news? Was is the individual military personel they didn't want being seen? There is more to this than a power drunk cop. There was more to this story than we will ever know.

That only makes the situation that much scarier.

How far would he be willing to go to keep this information under wraps?

If it were legitimate would not a simple request of decorum from the news media be better advised?

This guy is dangerous. He kept saying "I am ordering you!"

This is a huge problem. Police officers should not be ordering law abiding citizens to do anything.

They may make requests but the do not have the right to give orders.

They are "servants" not owners.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well, I think the guy could have handled it better but let's face it... cops deal with scum every single day. Every day they get up and someone is talking smack to them or whatever. Sometimes you don't want to be looked down upon by the media, and quite frankly considering all the complaints about the media which are well placed usually, I think you can understand that.

Yeah he shouldn't have done it but you know... reporters are so arrogant anymore.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Dealing with bad people does not make a bad person any better.

2 wrongs, no rights.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Unbelievable.

You know.....I've seen similar film reels, only thing is that they were in black and white, and the narration was in GERMAN!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Utterly disgusting!!!! I have contacted the chief of police at the El Paso Police department to express my outrage. I suggest you all do the same.

Contact Greg Allen
Chief of Police

[email protected]

Unreal!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow

Did you watch the whole Video. it had nothing to do with the military other that they saved the truck drivers life. Yes this was a screwed up situation and yes the cop was wrong but dont blow a bad situation out of proportion that makes you no better that the cop that arrested these reporters.

BAD COP, NO DOUGHNUT

EDIT:
Thanks kleverone I just sent him an e-mail.

[edit on 15pmu122007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by miragezero
Well, I think the guy could have handled it better but let's face it... cops deal with scum every single day. Every day they get up and someone is talking smack to them or whatever. Sometimes you don't want to be looked down upon by the media, and quite frankly considering all the complaints about the media which are well placed usually, I think you can understand that.

Yeah he shouldn't have done it but you know... reporters are so arrogant anymore.

In my training as a video reporter/cameraman/producer/photo journalist
for My local Cable channel we are instructed to not be ARROGANT but be accommodating, professional and respectful of LEO's and paramedics... but do our job to get the video/story for our viewers and advertisers.

I think your broad brush painting of reporters as arrogant is unfounded and insulting; as is calling all cops stormtroopers or pigs We have a job to do just like the cops.
We are well versed in the legalities of news reporting and follow them to the letter or we have to answer to the FCC. News people normally have a good relationship with the LEO's as they also want to be seen in a favorable light on TV. We do a lot of Public Service spots for our local police and sheriff's dept. and we have a great rapport with them. I'm thinking that cop was more than likely a green rookie or all tweeked up.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by whaaa]

join