It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God made ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll!’ It’s a conspiracy!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Age means nothing...where in music does your heart and soul lie? That's where it all counts

I was born in 79...by all right's I should like the late 80's through lat 90's...

Now my tastes are the 60's, 70's, 80's

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

The older music had "soul" to it. They had deep meanings. Seems the music since the 90's really lacks that for the most part. Now it's all about "getting yours" and stuff it seems to me.

Some exceptions of course. I mostly like songs that speak truth. I consider truth telling to be "religious".

Woooohh
Do you believe
In what you see
There doesn't seem to be anybody else who agrees with me

Do you believe
In what you see
Motionless wheel
Nothing is real
Wasting my time
In the waiting line
Do you believe in
What you see

Nine to five
Living lies
Everyday
Stealing time
Everyone's taking everything they can
Everything they can
Everyone's taking everything they can
Everything they can

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
OT relax with the !!!!.. They are not needed in the context.

Firstly bill maher is a jerk, flat out, non openminded, jerk, and I have emailed HBO telling to boycott his unfunny program is he doesn't stop with the hateful remakrs.

I think the God of the OT did make all things, but he also made rules.

Because if you over use certain things it hurts others and turns bad, and some people can't accept that because they are on life to be selfish which I believe is a proving grounds to faithfullness.

everything people do is to fill a blank void. Too much sex, drug addiction ect... it's to try and make people happy, they try and fill an unfillable void in their lives by doing these thing and only God can fill the void and give you real happiness.

and music. I think satan works through todays music, it seems to get more and more evil as the years go on, more lustful, more screaming... ect..

I also read somewhere satan was a harper or something, so he knows how to mkae todays music sound catchy to the ears.. I'll have to research that some more.

anyways peace. Op.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

OT relax with the !!!!.. They are not needed in the context.

Firstly bill maher is a jerk, flat out, non openminded, jerk, and I have emailed HBO telling to boycott his unfunny program is he doesn't stop with the hateful remakrs.

I think the God of the OT did make all things, but he also made rules.

Because if you over use certain things it hurts others and turns bad, and some people can't accept that because they are on life to be selfish which I believe is a proving grounds to faithfullness.

everything people do is to fill a blank void. Too much sex, drug addiction ect... it's to try and make people happy, they try and fill an unfillable void in their lives by doing these thing and only God can fill the void and give you real happiness.

and music. I think satan works through todays music, it seems to get more and more evil as the years go on, more lustful, more screaming... ect..

I also read somewhere satan was a harper or something, so he knows how to mkae todays music sound catchy to the ears.. I'll have to research that some more.

anyways peace. Op.

Hi, the truth in this thread is truth...it was not written for the church primarily...

Bill Mayer? Is he a sinner? Yes! no doubt...Have you prayed for him? I have...and do...

We are ALL jerks...

Yes God did make the rules...and they are in the heart of man...it's called consciencous...

Music? No Satan does not "work thru " music...he does however influence mankind with sinful temptations (words) so yes we must be aware...yeah he was a musician, back in the day....relevance now? I dunno?

OT

Care to comment on the "sin" "sacred" dichotomy?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
music is evil

wow....

Music is evil if someone LET'S it be evil. I can listen to Slayer all day...never once made me evil or come anywhere closer to evil. You pick any...and I mean ANY music. I will listen to it deeply and I guarantee you here and now it won't harm me or bring me closer to Satan...not even by the slightest bit.

Again, if you are made evil by music...I got news for you...you were already evil

And if you are affected by any of this stuff? If a guy having sex with another guy, or Satanic music or someone near you using drugs leaves you feeling empty and farther from God...you must be an awful Christian if you are that shaky.

Why not just go ahead and astart some book/CD burning...we're due

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Hey Kyo...

woosaa!

How ya been?

Were all learning here...

OT
Phil 1:3

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Me? Fine and dandy and yes...very happy with life

How about you?

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Sweet!

Glad you are well....

Interested in your thoughts on the OP?

Has your definition of 'Christian' been too narrow?

And what did you think of the its friday but sundays coming audio?

Thx for posting here!

OT

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I was just listening to my itunes, and this song came up. And it had alot of meaning for me in terms of how I feel in terms of dealing with the muck of this world. Thought of this thread immediately.

Well I wont back down, no I wont back down
You can stand me up at the gates of hell
But I wont back down

Gonna stand my ground, wont be turned around
And Ill keep this world from draggin me down
Gonna stand my ground and I wont back down

Hey baby, there aint no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I wont back down.

Well I know whats right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin me around
But Ill stand my ground and I wont back down

Hey baby there aint no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I wont back down
No, I wont back down

[edit on 11-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

your you tube posts are so good...I need to learn how to use this forum...better read some instuctions on how to quote and post from external sites.

I agree alot of so called mainstream music is excellent quality with messages of love and peace. Sometimes I turn off the so called Christian music because it can be depressing... or boring tunes...I reckon God made music, in every form. Even the so called music that reflects violence is still indirectly from God as everything comes from God, both good and evil...And the book of Job clarifies that if satan wants to torment anyone, he still needs to ask permission from God to do the tormenting...so therefore God must be agreeing to a lot of stuff, since there is a lot of stuff going on...both positive and negative.... in the music industry especially which directly impacts on many peoples lives.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by flashesofblue

It's really easy.

Here's a youtube URL:

www.youtube.com...

The information you need is after the ?. That is called a query. It comes in pairs. name=value.

What you want is the value of "v". So, this link has a query of v=4EuYlRQof0w, so the ID of the movie is "4EuYlRQof0w". That is the information we need.

Sometimes you'll see other information. Each name and value pair is seperated by a "&". So, once you come to a & after the v, you would cut it off.

www.youtube.com...

So the "&feature=related" stuff isn't needed. still "4EuYlRQof0w" that matters.

So copy that ID tag, click on the youtube video button at the top and it will bring up a message box, paste the ID tag into that box and it does everything else for you.

Give it a try, it's alot better than posting links to videos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join