It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God made ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll!’ It’s a conspiracy!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
God made ‘Sex, Drugs and Rock-n-Roll!’ It’s a conspiracy!!!!

Your definition of ‘CHRISTIAN’ is WAY TOOOOO NARROW!

There is no such term as ‘SECULAR’….

All truth is GOD’S truth…

Yep, everything!

‘Ministry’ is not only for pastors!!!! There is no special “call”…everyone one is “called” to do something…and it’s all MINISTRY!

Garbage men are ministers…

Repairmen are ministers…and JUST AS IMPORTANT as preachers!!!!

You see, in God’s economy there are only two realms…

Sacred…

Or

Sinful…

There is no less-important, neutral thing called a ‘SECULAR JOB!’

Yep, my savior made SEX!!!!! Pretty creative I’d say…SWEEET!

Yep, my savior made DRUGS!!!! (not to abuse ,of course, but to heal/help/comfort)

Yep, my savior made Roll-n-Roll, too…ever heard what Jimmy Hendricks said to Johnny Carson, back in the day, when he asked him, “Jimmy, how does it feel to be the world’s greatest guitarist?” Hendrick’s reply say it all…”I don’t know betta ask PHIL KEAGGY.” Wanna see him? …
Amateur vid here… www.youtube.com...
Acoustic here … www.youtube.com...
= = = = = =

Scripture verses to ponder…

1) EVERYTHING that is good in life is from the Lord Jesus...
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no fickleness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:17

2) Christians, don’t look down on what you do…
“I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some." I Corinthians 9:22

3) Skeptic, don’t believe the narrowness of the church… see… en.wikipedia.org... and if you have time listen to “its Friday but Sundays coming” here… www.tonycampolo.org...

ATS-er’s………thoughts? OT out to lunch or what?

OT
Philippians 1:3
PS: My God is the maker of the universe… see… www.youtube.com... pls Searcher, listen to these words…

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I guess the reason I wrote this is to say...Christianity is not about telling people they are wrong...and the church does that far too often. We have bad "theology" sometimes and it affects the way we interact and how we think...

This thinking that ministers are the only ones "called" too, makes everyone else feel second-class...if they are not 'called'

We christians want to be a positive influence...and want everyone to enjoy life, because OT believes He MADE it all!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
You know, I don't believe in what you say.

But I do like the reasoning you have in it, it's very sensible, I never knew exactly why Catholics had to appoint a leader over 100 years old in a pointy hat... or why their not allowed to have sex either, to keep clean, seems pretty odd, if a "God" made this, why would he say don't do it!?

Star and Flag, you brought up some good points, no reason not to have a discussion about it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Great post! I have really been struggling with the whole Christian thing for the last few years. I like your approach to this. I think you are on to something. I am kind of looking from Christianity from the outside these days and reevaluating what it all means or if it is even true. One thing I realize is that God never meant it to become so judgemental and cult like as it is today. At least I hope He didnt.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

But I do like the reasoning you have in it, it's very sensible, I never knew exactly why Catholics had to appoint a leader over 100 years old in a pointy hat... or why their not allowed to have sex either, to keep clean, seems pretty odd, if a "God" made this, why would he say don't do it!?

Star and Flag, you brought up some good points, no reason not to have a discussion about it.

Excellent! Thank you so much...this faith thing is always confusing!!!

Appreciate you have joined in...

OT

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Great post! I have really been struggling with the whole Christian thing for the last few years. I like your approach to this. I think you are on to something. I am kind of looking from Christianity from the outside these days and reevaluating what it all means or if it is even true. One thing I realize is that God never meant it to become so judgemental and cult like as it is today. At least I hope He didnt.

Listen to the youtube I posted...it may become clearer to you...

OT

PS: I bet some skeptics will come along and disagree...we'll see!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

But I do like the reasoning you have in it, it's very sensible.

Thanks, how's Dallas these days? Been there many many times...love Del Frisco's Steaks...altho expensive....thank GOD for business per-diems, huh?

OT

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Haha, i'm not in dallas, but close to, my town is a bit smaller and a police business town. There everywhere down here.

But, while we're on the lessons in Christianity, what do you think of the man who lived in a Giant Fish, I turned atheist a little over a year ago, was outcasted by my family for it, and I recently watched the movie, "Religulous" by Bill Maher, and although comedic raised some interesting points, that should be addressed, have you seen it?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Haha, i'm not in dallas, but close to, my town is a bit smaller and a police business town. There everywhere down here.

But, while we're on the lessons in Christianity, what do you think of the man who lived in a Giant Fish, I turned atheist a little over a year ago, was outcasted by my family for it, and I recently watched the movie, "Religulous" by Bill Maher, and although comedic raised some interesting points, that should be addressed, have you seen it?

Dude, I LOVE Bill!!!!!

Smart and funny...what an incredible combination, huh?

I just wish he'd ask me, instead of some (god-love-um) po-dunk hillbilly about JC....

oh well....still prayin' for him...regularly

OT

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I did notice that too, the first place he goes to is a Truck drivers convention for God. Out of the back of a trailer.

My favorite atheist though (May sound dorky) was Isaac Asimov. I believe he wasn't noticed enough. Even for media fanatics, he created the realm of what is "I am". With Will Smith. He did alot more then that though, alot.

And another is Richard Dawkins, though I don't agree with his tactics.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I did notice that too, the first place he goes to is a Truck drivers convention for God. Out of the back of a trailer.

My favorite atheist though (May sound dorky) was Isaac Asimov. I believe he wasn't noticed enough. Even for media fanatics, he created the realm of what is "I am". With Will Smith. He did alot more then that though, alot.

And another is Richard Dawkins, though I don't agree with his tactics.

Both Issac and Richard are briliant...

Again I wish I could have met Issac, he did die right?

And If I ever get to the UK Richard would be a great conversation...

The thing is, JC is SO misinterpreted by both of them...and many others too...

Mother T and MLK are my inspirations...

hey when you have time listen to the Campolo audio I posted earlier and let me know what you think ok?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, Asimov is dead.... I think it was 99' but somewhere is the 90's.

The thing, the main thing that turned me away from all the religions, were the contradictions, and the interpretations of the bible, quran etc... From homosexuals, I know gay people that are more christian than pastors! There are many more instances, but I can't get into it it's late, and well I gotta date .

To give you some info on me. I held bible studies for my Church (CoC Church of Christ) for 2 years, before they went against what I was saying and banned me, I was 13 years old, and had acquired more members then they had altogether! Then I began to realize religion was nothing more then if you agree with the teaching you believe the whole of it.

Didn't sit well with me, for apparent reasons. Me personally call me crazy, but I romanticize the idea of being positioned here by aliens a much more convincing reality then what the bible or others announce...

I do not by any means, dislike Christians, Muslims, Jews, (Maybe satanists maybe) Hinduists, Xerxes (:clown
I just love, and thrive off the debating of them, which you happen to do so well, without arguing or bringing up the main thing I hear "It's a faith thing", arrgh, you like only a handful can actually make the connection and have some knowledge of it, I personally exclude myself from anything that says, just believe in it then you'll know. Been a bad idea every time for me!

Very interesting topic for me OT, I star you yet again, for keeping it clean.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Compalo? I'm sorry i'm very computer illiterate? If you could direct me to it that be great, and I would love to listent to it!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Compalo? I'm sorry i'm very computer illiterate? If you could direct me to it that be great, and I would love to listent to it!

alright, here's the link... www.tonycampolo.org...

Good night...I'll check back tomorrow...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

My take on this as Christian:

-Sex is good as long as you do it with your wife. Unrestricted sex lead to more hurt, pain. Sex is only good for up to couple of hours but pain and broken relationships can take years. Even if unrestricted sex became God and Man's law, the pain of broken relationships will still be the same. Even if the pain is absent - practioners of sex with multiple partners, they became psychologically numb in certain aspects of life, they no longer know how to deal with inconveniences for example. Like the symptoms of drug addiction.

-Drugs, for health purposes, they are good, abuse is bad, but I won't be reliant on them even if i'm not an abusing it.

-Rock and Roll is fine. But some rock music are inherently evil. It's not the guitar that made it evil, it's the lyrics and whatever underlying thing done to it.

-Finally, not everything that makes you feel good is good

[edit on 21-4-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Whenever in doubt, turn on some tunes.

Maybe it's just me, but I hear religious talk in rock and roll all the time, although it's generally not so obvious.

Here's a few songs that I believe are talking about "higher" things. Could just be that I see them this way, but nevertheless:

One way or another, this darkness has got to give. I don't know who's back's that strong, maybe find out before too long.

This one makes me think of christians in general - knows all the pretty songs, and he likes to sing along, and he likes to shoot his gun - but he don't know what it means, know what it means. I know he isn't talking about religious things specifically, but it applies so well.

And some more:

There are times when all the worlds asleep,
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man.
Wont you please, please tell me what weve learned
I know it sounds absurd
But please tell me who I am.

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher
But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say

Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
The center lights around your vanity
But surely heaven waits for you

[edit on 22-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

My take on this as Christian:

-Sex is good as long as you do it with your wife. Unrestricted sex lead to more hurt, pain. Sex is only good for up to couple of hours but pain and broken relationships can take years. Even if unrestricted sex became God and Man's law, the pain of broken relationships will still be the same. Even if the pain is absent - practioners of sex with multiple partners, they became psychologically numb in certain aspects of life, they no longer know how to deal with inconveniences for example. Like the symptoms of drug addiction.

And once again you cannot claim this as an extreme because frankly you don't know what really happens behind closed doors. Wife and I are a great example. Slept with a third person one time and we haven't been stronger since. Last I checked we are not psychologically numb to any aspect and I can deal with any inconvience that has been thrown at me since that day.

-Drugs, for health purposes, they are good, abuse is bad, but I won't be reliant on them even if i'm not an abusing it.

Yes abuse is definitely a stupid thing. Dependency can destroy lives. No argument on this factor

-Rock and Roll is fine. But some rock music are inherently evil. It's not the guitar that made it evil, it's the lyrics and whatever underlying thing done to it.

mmmm so who decides what is evil? Should we begin our CD burning campaign? A song is evil if you let it be. I listen to everything from Looking Glass to Slayer and haven't had an evil thought creep into manifestation. If a song is making one evil, that person was already evil. Don't blame the music or the musicians, blame the practioners of the evil deeds themselves.

-Finally, not everything that makes you feel good is good

And not everything a Christian thinks is bad, is bad

[edit on 21-4-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Badmedia,

Thanks for the links to the tunes, some of our younger posters probably never heard of them...

Good stuff, we are gettin old

OT

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I adore Carry On My Wayward Son

and just FYI...I knew about it long before Guitar Hero

Good stuff

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm not as old as I may seem. I was born the same year that wayward son video was made. But I grew up on that stuff. My earliest memory is looking at the rain through my front door when I was like 2 years old listening to riders on the storm, my favorite song as a kid, right up there with another brick in the wall(2).

I think I missed my generation or something and was born 10-20 years too late. I've never really had friends my own age, even when I was in highschool all my friends were in their mid to late 20's. Which sucked as a teen, because no matter what I did, my parents always found out and knew. I've heard about things I did at parties drunk from my mom that I didn't even remember, which sucks.

My best friend now is the same age as my dad. So I think I just missed my generation.

I had to put all the lyrics of wayward song in that post, just so hard to decide the important parts. It is like trying to pick out only a few bible verses on something that speaks so much truth, like a proverbs 8 or psalm 82, how can you break it up?

Not sure if this qualifies as rock and roll, but I love this song. It's a bit more direct and there isn't much question.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by badmedia]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join