It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of us Have Died?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
M

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
To stop people thinking that others have died, it should be easier to cancel the account.

This way if someone does not want to come to a messageboard anymore then it would be easy to kill the account.

Dunno if it made sense? But it does to me

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by M
To stop people thinking that others have died, it should be easier to cancel the account.

This way if someone does not want to come to a messageboard anymore then it would be easy to kill the account.

Dunno if it made sense? But it does to me

But what happens if they do die and will never be heard from again. Thats the whole point of this thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
When I die, my spook will return and open a thread proving that that there is life after death.
I doubt you sceptical buggers will believe me though :shk:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Maybe you could start a forum for those who have passed on, call it "From The Other Side"

If I die and there is an after life, and anyway at all to post a message from the other side I will...lol

It would be interesting to see what shows up in that forum, if anything.

As you can see I am bored here, I am in Chicago, its early and I've had way too much coffee, I am here on a company trip for work related training. I am using the hotel web browser on the TV... which really sucks!

I am never flying again, I was on a NWA jet yesterday and flew through bad wether, I thought I was going to die....lol

The worst part is they sent me here two days early to save $200 on the plane ticket.... grrrr

The room is $100 per day, do the math, yep we got the smart ones running the company...lol

Sorry for geting off topic, but I have no one to talk to....LMAO

there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

Gazz

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Double post

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I guess this question is just another one ignored by the Mods, we ask for a little and they give us Loads of useful things.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47 I guess this question is just another one ignored by the Mods, we ask for a little and they give us none.
[size=10]SAY WHAT?! None? WTF IS THAT? There's nothing that can be done if someone just stops posting and visiting... it's the nature of the digital community.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I will retract my comments, I was just asking for input about our idea on how to keep up on members who may go missing or unheard from.

I dont mean to bite the hand that feeds me.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

There's nothing that can be done if someone just stops posting and visiting... it's the nature of the digital community.

It really is. Pisky and I ran a couple groups on Msn and co-managed another for a while and belonged to countless others. And there are always far more people who belong to a group then who actually post. Some people join and never post at all. Some people join while on glue and forget they even joined. And some people only post once a month or whatever. Yes, I was a lurker here for a long time before I finally got up my courage and plunged right in, but the reality is that not everybody that joins a group jumps in and posts.

I do like Agents idea though. It shows a caring and compassionate spirit. But you just can't tell who is dead or simply not around anymore.

Ok..this thread is giving me the creeps. I'm done

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Some people join while on glue and forget they even joined.

How did the glue heads post? Out of curiosity.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hell if I know lol

I was just guessing that a lot of people go online high on something or other and have a few blissed out hours surfing the net only to wake up the next day having forgotten the entire experience.

Who knows..just speculating

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Talk about worrisome, my wife and I participate in some online communities for people (and their families) who suffer from terminal illness. When someone "drops off the radar" for a while everyone goes into overdrive trying to find out what happened. Normally the families are great about posting updates, but occasionally we do lose someone and it goes unannounced. The nature of these other forums, which are smaller and tighter than ATS/BTS, lends itself to a strong reaction. My wife has promised to make a post under Board Questions & Business if something unfortunate happens to me. I would happily amend those instructions if another more appropriate forum comes into being.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm still here, you'll all be glad to know.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Absent of establishing contact outside of ATS you rarely will know who folks like DeltaChaos or ElevatedOne are (now, was that a plug for a WATS vote for me?) Kidding aside, the anonymonity of the internet truly makes it difficult to get to know one another in today's wired society.

Now, since I have typed something of substance, here's my sarcastic response:

If you die online who gets your spam?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I did a quick search and found this which "...allows you to search online newspapers for obituaries of people that have passed away. "

I'll continue to search to see if something exists already....

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think I'll make sure that my G/F and / or brother both know that should anything happen to me, to please come here and post it so that I may rest in peace, cause if I go, I wouldn't be able to finally rest until I know that a final good bye had been posted here for me...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
... I wouldn't be able to finally rest until I know that a final good bye had been posted here for me...

Quick thought: why not put it in your will folks?

"I (insert name), being of sound mind and body (
) do hearby instruct my executor (insert name) to place "The Last Post" on ATS....

Any takers?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
yeah Genya, I like it...

as a matter of fact, I think I'll put it in my will to also be buried with my laptop !

Ya never know, maybe I can still post every once in a while...

seriously, yeah, if we're that serious about it, put it on paper.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join