It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Else Had a Psychic Pet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
When I was about fourteen I had two dogs. One was named Bruno and the other Pip. They were good natured dogs, although Bruno was a rescue dog and it took him a while to trust my family. He had three legs, a big chunk out of one ear and burns all down his back where he had been abused. Pip on the other hand was a sheep dog who didn't have a care in the world. They got on brilliantly and were always inseperable.

Like most kids I used to spend alot of time playing basketball on my drive. On most weekends my parents would usually go for long drives in the country, sometimes stopping off at garden centres or orchards. Sometimes they would come back in an hour, on other occasions they would be gone all day. I never knew when they woud return for sure (never a good thing if you want to get up to mischief!).

That was until I noticed something odd. On several occasions I'd be outside as usual shooting hoops, sometimes with a few mates, sometime alone. I began to notice that on a few occasions the dogs, who were locked behind a gate near the pool ( for the safety of my friends as Bruno was a bit dangerous with outsiders, due to the abuse mentioned earlier),. were going crazy, howling, barking and generally running about agitated. it was only after a few weeks I began to notice something strange. No matter what time of day it was, no matter how long they had been gone, the dogs always went beserk about ten minutes before my folks came up the drive from one of their excursions.

I can honestly say that the dogs would do this nearly every time. Without fail. It got to the point where I would go to the end of the drive and open the gate for my parents and they'd come around the corner. They would ask how I knew to do it and I'd tell them about the dogs going mad.

I swear this is true. I just wondered if anyone else had experience with this? What people think it could be. I stress that it would happen if my parents were gone one, three or seven hours.

Any thoughts or similar stories most welcome.

Kiwifoot.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have experienced something sort of similar as a child. I think dog's have internal clock.

Between the ages of 13 and 17 we lived out in the country. We lived on a few acres and our dogs were trained not to leave the property. I used to take the school bus and the bus always dropped me off right at the corner of my property. My dogs caught on to that and Every school day as I pulled up in the bus they would be right there at the edge of the property waiting for me.

My parents said that , every day, about ten minutes before I usually arrived, they would start heading down to the corner of the property and watch in the direction that the bus came from.

Animals do have biological/internal clocks. Same as humans. Have you ever used an alarm clock to get up everyday? Have you ever noticed that often you would wake up about 2-3 minutes before the alarm went off? Well that is your internal clock waking you up!

I suspect that your dogs internal clock was alerting them that your parents were coming home soon, and perhaps your dogs just got alot more excited tham mine did.

So that is my opinion. I suspect their reaction has to do with their internal clock alerting them that your parents would be home soon. But I may be way off as well, I am not really sure what else it could be.... I hope this helps and makes some sense.

Thank you for sharing with us!

[edit on 19-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It happens alot with dogs. You are not alone on this. Dogs are very sensitive, and played a big part in humans living in civilisations.

There are probably endless amounts of web pages out there with this sort of stories.

Like i have two dogs. One is more sensitive, while the other is aggressive. The sensitive one leads the aggressive one, and they seem to work as a team. Its funny to see sometimes.

They are not called mans best friend for no reason, lol. We would not be where we are today without dogs, lol. Plus here is a starnge thing.

Dog spelt backwards, is god. I wonder what that is about.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well most people will tell you that pets in general are more aware of supernatural or psychic forces.

For example we've had a spirit living in our home since the day we moved in. A very nice gentleman, the previous owner of the house from my research. He's not violent he just likes to watch and sometime moves objects around. A playful spirit.

He rarely makes himself seen yet by cats and dogs are always starring in the direction of what I call his "hot" spots. They always know where they are, and loose their minds when I've had experiences with other spirits.

Your dogs are simply perceptive of people's energies I think and can tell when they are getting home.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
thats known as classic conditioning, where your parents approaching are a conditioned stimulus. dogs have amazing senses and are really smart creatures

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I have to agree with you. Mine always get wrangy when they know it's getting to be time to eat dinner. They always get fed at 5, so they start carrying on every day at around 4:30. After dinner, they are primed to pounce at the door because they know my father will be coming home shortly after that. We keep our pets on a regular routine and this is their response to that.

See how your dog acts when you switch to/from daylight savings time. That should resolve any questions you may have about this behavior.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

At first I did think that they just knew my parents were gone a few hours, you know, they knew they were due back. The only problem it happened many many times where they would be gone an hour, you know short trips, when even I thought they were going to be gone all day. For example; they would have an argument and come back after one hour, when I expected them to be gone for four or five. They would go crazy after fifty minutes. See what I mean?

It is interesting to hear everyone's replies, thankyou.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Like i have two dogs. One is more sensitive, while the other is aggressive. The sensitive one leads the aggressive one, and they seem to work as a team. Its funny to see sometimes.

Very strange you should say that, it is exactly the relationship or situation my dogs were part of.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by andy1033

Very strange you should say that, it is exactly the relationship or situation my dogs were part of.

Thanks.

Once we split them for a week, and the aggressive one, was so quiet she never barked or nothing, she looked so unhappy, so we brought back the other one, and they are back to normal. We just could not seperate them.

Just shows you, that there is something there more than what we are told about dogs.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I had a cat named Lily who was always sitting in front of the door when I walked in. My mom told me that when I stayed with her for a month my cat would always about 10 mins before go to the front door and sit. She did this the entire time I had her. If I was sick it was like she could sense it and the same thing when I was sad. My best friend's cousin passed and she stayed at my house for a few days and my cat never left her side. My friend thought this was odd too since Lily never sat with her. I told her she knew she was sad and was there to help her in her own way.
I really do believe animals have this type of sense. My roommates dog, Athena will wait by the window he says right before I come home as well. She is always around and she too when I am sad seems to sense it. Animals IMO are amazing creatures! I always treat them like family

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It also could be they can hear them coming! Sound travels far.
I know my dogs recognize the sound of different cars.
Remember, their senses are way more acute than ours!
I tend to think animals are more "in tune with things"
that way than humans. I think we have the ability, we just lost it,
We dont have to rely on it the way an animal would.
Therefore we dont hone it to be trustworthy enough to react to situations.
Animals need all advantages they can get to survive in the wild
and dont have a bias toward it the first place!
Domesticated dogs were not always that way.
Just my 2 cents here. Thanks, interesting thread! Pets rule!
Every creature has intuition or at least some built in genetic memory
it will need to survive and continue propagating the species.
Alot of people are psychic, why wouldnt some pets be?

P.S. Anyone watching Miss America? Wow! Pant, pant!

They could domesticate me anytime! Sorry to stray off topic......

[edit on 19-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My father used to have a dog (Anna), who would sit by the main door about 20-30 minutes before my father came back from university.
One day it was Tuesday, so my grandmother thought the dog had got the days mixed up, as my father never came back on that day.
But it was my father, he had simply forgetten some books and had drove back unannounced.

My only explanation is that cars give of a heck of a lot of noise at many different frequencies, and each car will probably have an individural noise. However I seriously doubt this is always the explanations. There are other pychic animal stories I've seen myself that arn't dismissed by that.

E.g. I killed a Rooster as we had too many. When i got back to the hen house they suddenly all looked at something i couldn't see. Then they made this low-weird-sketching noise, which in "chicken language" is the quite way of saying "danger".
P.S. It's a matter of fact chickens have a language. After all this is why they make so many noises, they have about 35 known words, (never mind the non-verbal ones).

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I saw a special on this long ago. They put cameras in homes that had pets, mostly dogs. The dogs would get up and get excited right before their people would arrive home. Like the poster's parents, it was not necessarily the same time, so internal clock doesn't work.

I worked as a groomer for several years and I would notice this with some of the dogs. They would lay sleeping in their crates and some would just bolt upright and get all excited 5-10 minutes before their people would arrive. Now they've been left in a shop, so the dog doesn't really know when they might show up. It was in a basement with no windows, so they couldn't see the cars either.

I had two cocker spaniels at one time and they got along splendidly and they would even eat out of the same bowl at the same time. One night I noticed the female growling and pushing the male away, and I scolded her, and she kept on. Well, only moments later, the male had a seizure and each time before he suffered one, she would do something like this or back him into a corner. Psychic, I'm not sure, but dogs do detect seizures in humans as well.

If we pay attention to our beloved 4 leggers, we can learn alot.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Dogs have fantastic senses, it might be scent or vibrations from the car engines. Its probably just a conditioned response as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted your reply. Noone seemed to grasp the idea that the dogs seemed to know regardless of the time. Also we lived on a busy road , there was no way they could hear our car, ten minutes before it arrived, as ten minutes away on our road would ahve been several miles.

I think there is so much more to learn from our canine friends.

I'll try and get a link for dogs and cats 'sensing' earthquakes, I'm sure I heard of that somewhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

My border collie mix (Gypsy) is extremely sensitive to many things, one of them being natural disasters. We were living in Gulfport, MS when Katrina hit. Of my 3 dogs, Gypsy is the only one that exhibited extremely bizarre behavior leading up to the storm. I guess it started several hours before the storm even made landfall. She was clearly trying to communicate something to us, almost as if she was trying to talk. She was freaking out for hours, making strange sounds and getting right up in our faces obviously trying to alert us to get the hell out (we should have listened but at the time didn't understand what was going on). I swear if she ever acts, like that again, i don't care where we are are what we are doing...we will get out of town immediately. I firmly believe (not to mention it's scientifically proven!) that many animals have extrasensory perception that we humans do not.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We had a pti bull when I was 4 that every weekday it would break it's chain and meet my sister at the bus stop at the bottom of the hill. I always thought it funny because one minute he would be at his dog house the next minute the chain is stretched out and no dog. Then we would walk me and mom would walk to the bus stop to see our dog sitting there waiting for my sister.

Pets are definitely in tune with their owners and people in general. There is something within them that allows for a deep connection.

We also had two inside dogs. A male chow/lab mix and a female chow. They each had a specific air vent they would lay on in the winter and summer. When the male died
The female would not lay on the vent the male always used. You could physically put her on the vent and she would get up and go to hers. She also never went in heat after he died. She went in heat before he died but never after.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975

My border collie mix (Gypsy) is extremely sensitive to many things, one of them being natural disasters. We were living in Gulfport, MS when Katrina hit. Of my 3 dogs, Gypsy is the only one that exhibited extremely bizarre behavior leading up to the storm. I guess it started several hours before the storm even made landfall. She was clearly trying to communicate something to us, almost as if she was trying to talk. She was freaking out for hours, making strange sounds and getting right up in our faces obviously trying to alert us to get the hell out (we should have listened but at the time didn't understand what was going on). I swear if she ever acts, like that again, i don't care where we are are what we are doing...we will get out of town immediately. I firmly believe (not to mention it's scientifically proven!) that many animals have extrasensory perception that we humans do not.

Thankyou, great story. It seems to be far more than being aware of a storm approaching. As if Gypsy knew how BAD it was going to be, in detail. Amazing really.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Great thread

I never used to like cats, i found them unpredictable.
Wasn't too keen on them.

I always tried to like them, but just wasn't sure about them.

My friend Lucy has a cat, and i remember her ( the cat ) sitting on the bed, and i sat down, and the cat walked over to me, and i sort of pulled away, or backed up, and the cat just stopped, looked at me, and then slowly walked away.

I don't know if the cat sensed that i wasn't keen on her, or if she just didn't want to be on the bed anymore, but i just thought i'd contribute to the thread.

Jacob

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I had a cat Snoopy growing up. We lived up north, where everyone had "furnished" basements! Our cat would go up to the side door every time my father would come home! My mom swears she knew the sound of his car, because my dad would come home at different times each day. She also just knew if you weren't feeling well, or were sad and would stay by you. She was a loving and beautiful cat, the perfect pet for a little girl to grow up with!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join