It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Pole pics in Google earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
i just wondered why in Google Earth instead of pole pics and maps we find - nothing?

isnt it really strange given that today modern satellites are able to photo EVERYTHING on Earth...

what do you think?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by deejayiwan]
Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

There are better sources than google earth out there.

Here's a few that show a lot more detail:

terraweb.wr.usgs.gov...

www.usap.gov...

usarc.usgs.gov...

www.lib.utexas.edu...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
really good pictures

thank you a lot

now, i just wonder where are the supossed NAzi base in Antartica??

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yet, the reason is still questionable. Of course, TPTB know that the average person doesn't go to these other sites so I naturally suspect a censoring. Considering that there are many different nations who have activity going on there, and considering the recent stuff with Antarctic's ice threatening to fall off and submerge the world with tsunami's, it doesn't take much to think we should have the highest level of transparency in these regions, ie. citizens should see a pin drop. I already presume they're doing some very bad things to the world and its population. Since all governments are mere employees, really good surveillance by their employers makes a lot of sense.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You must understand that the "zoomed in" images on Google Earth are not satellite, but aerial (from airplanes) photographs.

You can get recent satellite images of Antarctica here:
amrc.ssec.wisc.edu...

Images of the Arctic are available here:
www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
[reply to post by deejayiwan There are better sources than google earth out there. Here's a few that show a lot more detail:
terraweb.wr.usgs.gov...
www.usap.gov...
usarc.usgs.gov...
www.lib.utexas.edu...
]

WAIT A MINUTE!

Where's the North Pole...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Images of the Arctic are available here: www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...

But are there any images of the exact North Pole region, not the area around the North Pole?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post
[www.weatheroffice.gc.ca]

This link has a curious disclosure policy:

Proactive Disclosure The Government of Canada is working hard to enhance the role of Parliament and the proactive disclosure of information so that Canadians are better able to hold Parliament, their government and public sector officials to account.

To this end, the government announced the mandatory publication on departmental websites of travel and hospitality expenses for selected government officials; contracts entered into by the Government of Canada for amounts over $10 000 (with only limited exceptions such as national security); the reclassification of positions; and, grants and contributions awards over $25 000.

Departments must also make available all reports for audits and evaluations that they perform. Please note that information that would normally be withheld under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act does not appear on these web pages:

* Audits and Evaluations
* Disclosure of Contracts Over $10 000
* Disclosure of Grant and Contribution Awards Over $25 000
* Disclosure of Travel and Hospitality Expenses
* Disclosure of Position Reclassifications

[edit on 18-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Yes there are images of the exact north pole.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Found this on one of the sites Chadwickus linked to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/859ddd851618db74.gif[/atsimg]

Wonder why the picture is altered. The weird shape doesn't really suggest that it is a photo anomaly.

Or is it just my eyes that play me?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There's a few links to the North pole on those pages, but you're right they are a bit Antarctic heavy.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
Thanks Phage, at least I know there's no entrance to middle Earth... I think

But my only problem is that I can't really see the ice. It's in black and white, and the cloud cover is there with the ice cover... I just can't see the ice, and that's my main question.

But I agree with Chadwickus when he said the overall info out there is a bit too Antarctica heavy.

I know Antarctica is supposedly 'growing' but what about the North Pole? We hear stories of Polar bears dying off because there's no ice for them to walk and live over of, but then we hear stories of seal hunting vessels getting stuck by encompassing ice and the hunters having to be rescued. I think there were even (wealthy) guys with Humvees who were planning on driving to the North Pole! They couldn't drive there... unless...

Something's going on with the North Pole, and there's no Santa Claus.

[edit on 18-4-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The link I gave is to the IR image. There is a visible wavelength image (also grayscaled) but there still isn't much sunlight up there this time of year. Yes, it is hard to distinguish ice from clouds but even a color image wouldn't help much, the clouds would just obscure the ice pack.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If the link is the best information out there in the internet, in the public realm, then I don't know how they can claim that ships will be able to navigate through North Pole ship lanes during the summer.

I haven't heard of any ships that made it, at least not yet...

All these images of big strong icebreakers smashing through the North Pole icemass, which looked more like slush, and imagery of polar bears swimming in open seas, was it all designed to convey the view that the Ice is disappearing from the North Pole- but where's the evidence?

The word of the government isn't enough. The big picture of climate change of how, what, where, and when? Is missing, and we're only fed video snippets, sound bytes and snappy captions about the allegedly upcoming environmental disaster at the North Pole that will affect the whole world...

How are these people collecting and processing the data that claims man is to blame for the shrinking of the ice caps, and it's not something that has happened in the past as part of our solar system process?

With all this satellite/aircraft/spacecraft technology that's out there- We still don't know much about the North Pole because we can't 'see' it.

Supposedly, the ice cap at the North Pole is melting... But how can I be sure of that, with the lies the government has been telling us lately?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ok guys

i made this thread having in mind THAT THERE IS NO REAL PICTURE OF EITHER OF POLES

WHY?

or just maybe THIS IS THE REAL PICTURE of NORTH POLE

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

There are no cameras in Cananda yet either. I'm waiting for that.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Are you looking for a hole and not finding it? Is that why you think the satellite pictures you've been shown are not real? In that case you are never going to see what you are going to think is a real picture (like the one you linked) because there is no hole.

top topics

join