It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 death was not heart attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

G20 death was not heart attack

news.bbc.co.uk

A police officer has been interviewed under caution for manslaughter after a new post-mortem overturned the cause of Ian Tomlinson's death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well how about that - an absolute result for the Public against the Brutal Riot Police that have shocked the country. Its just a shame its taking soo long for things to emerge. I just think that its a great shame that tihs guy was killed for being a bystander in what was for the minority a peaceful protest!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Now a fresh examination has found he died of abdominal haemorrhage, not a heart attack, as originally thought. Lawyers for the family said the new post-mortem raised the likelihood of a manslaughter charge.

And i bet you he wont go to prison for it....

He should be locked up for good.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its good to see some truth come out of this, not the rubbish that was being fed to us by the police and media at the beginning of all this. I hope the officer involved gets some prison time and his family are suitably compensated, although its not much comfort for them im sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daveyp1986

Thanks for posting this! S&F! I still would like to see an explanation as to why the offending officer was wearing a "mask" and had no numbers on his uniform. I am glad to see that this has been investigated, and hope that justice is served! There have been over 145 complaints filed concerning the brutality of the Riot Police at the G20 summit protests. I hope a few officers get what should be coming to them!

The new postmortem showed that Tomlinson died from an abdominal haemorrhage. The cause of Tomlinson's injury has not been established, but investigators will now have to decide whether alleged police assaults on the 47-year-old newspaper vendor contributed to his death.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am just glad, we may get justice for at least one person. See how quick they did the first psot mortem, they covered it up they thought.

The news about the second post mortem seems to have taken so long. But at least this investigation does seem to be moving along.

Lets just see, and people should stay focused on this as the police commited murder in this instance, and we should not be letting them try to dilute our discussion with the trivial other things that hapened at the g20.

Lets just stay focused on this case, please people.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
of course not look after your own not your own nation! I think your very right, they couldn't cover it up so they will definately make sure he walks free! Injustice for the Public once again! The big question is will he be allowed to remain with in the UK's most feared and most aggressive gang, the Riot Police!

[edit on 17-4-2009 by daveyp1986]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well that's very interesting, I feel for his family - I don't think this one is going to be shoved under the carpet thank god...

The police are going to be as clear as glass about this one I think, they might even throw this one copper to the wolves... I really hope so.

They know they are treading on thin ice, they know there is going to be a full scale investigation of police tactics - They will want to limit how full scale that investigation is.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
that's quite scary.

and took a while to surface.

i wonder how this unfolds. you can bet either the first person that did the post Mortem will be used as a scape goat. or the conciseness for the cop will be so light they will just take it on the chin.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A bit of justice at last, i'm thinking there's gonna be more stuff coming out on this.

I wonder how the police are going to change their tactics though?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
probably by coming down harder on their laws regarding not being able to film the police. kind of eradicating half the problem in their eyes

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

You are probably right there, i just wonder what will become of all the footage of the police that is on youtube and other places, it is supposedly illegal to film them doing their work so i wonder if they will go after anybody who has uploaded footage even the press are guilty of that too, or it would be better if that law was revoked, it just might be. Oh well watch this space i guess.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Police have CCTV to film offenders, but welcome to the age of mobile phones with Cameras, we can now monitor the offending enforcers.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i would like to know if the first assault by the police on this man was the reason he was walking slow and resulted in the second assault... is the policeman responsible for the first attack on him being questioned about it...where is all the cctv footage taking by the police and why cant we not see it ....

p.s. can we request the cctv footage the police have of any riots under the data freedom laws ?... it would be nice to watch all the footage looking for any police breaking the law.. that would really scare the sh#te out of them..

[edit on 17-4-2009 by fatdad]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
im sure if the same amount of time they uses up poring over CCTV video's was turned against them there would be a whole prison dedicated to the police.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
i wonder how this unfolds. you can bet either the first person that did the post Mortem will be used as a scape goat.

Was there a first post mortem? Because those cogs don't always turn that fast... I don't know but I suspect the 'heart attack' was the assessment of the pramedics and the doctors - and without doing a post mortem that's prob what most doctors would say...

Like I say - just my feeling, I'm not medically trained or anything.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daveyp1986

So the truth is finally emerging. I hope this family gets justice. The tactics the police used during the G20 summit were violent and unecessary towards a group of peaceful protesters and innocent by-standers.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Well that's very interesting, I feel for his family - I don't think this one is going to be shoved under the carpet thank god...

The police are going to be as clear as glass about this one I think, they might even throw this one copper to the wolves... I really hope so.

In a way I don't . I agree with what you're saying and I think the police will be desperate to make a sacrifice of this thug in an attempt to give the impression it's more a case of 'a few bad apples' rather than a problem that's rife throughout the force. It's easier to deal with one or two incidents - however high profile - than it is to transform the whole force, which is what is needed.

So I hope they don't make this thug a 'sacrificial lamb/distraction' combination. I don't want the public to feel sated because somehow all this was 'sorted out' because one or two coppers were sacked and prosecuted.

The police shouldn't be getting off that lightly.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

There was an initial post mortem , by a Dr Freddy Patel. Can a heart attack cause an abdominal haemorrhage , or would the haemorrhage need to come first , I'd have thought the latter ? Anyway, I hope this doctor Patel's diagnosis equally comes under scrutiny , especially considering his checkered past .

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
reply to post by Now_Then

There was an initial post mortem , by a Dr Freddy Patel. Can a heart attack cause an abdominal haemorrhage , or would the haemorrhage need to come first , I'd have thought the latter ? Anyway, I hope this doctor Patel's diagnosis equally comes under scrutiny , especially considering his checkered past .

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Drexl]

Checkered past....? Can u ellaborate?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join