It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I went to the Tea Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was actually shocked at how many people showed up. I actually knew quite a few people that showed up including some business owners and politicians.

I'm down here in Las Cruces NM, we had a march that ran the length of the "downtown mall" which is where the court house and city hall are located. We then had a rally at the park next to the library. Several people spoke about various topics. A giant tea bag was hung from a tree in the park.

I'd say that somewhere between 800-1100 people attended.

I volunteered to do security. There were 8 of us. We had one incident where a guy brought a katana sword. We just asked him to leave it in his car and he did.

Acorn did not show up.

Not a single cop showed up.

Not a single person was hurt, arrested, injured or otherwise.

It was a pretty good event really, I had a good time and met a lot of people that were pissed at the gov't. I was expecting to see mostly old people. but I must say the average age of the people there was about 25. There were a ton of teenagers, kids, and 25-30 year olds.

Do I think it will change anything? Not immediately, I don't think they will throw away the tax code. What might happen is, that the idea spreads, and more and more people realize how bad they are getting screwed.

So there is my Tea Party report.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Will anything change because of it do you suppose?
Or will the status quo prevail?
Will people wake up tomorrow and things will be different?
Or will it be the same-o same-o, catered for the rich by the poor?
Will the people ever get their country back?
A good read here if you dare:
survivalacres.com...
I wont try to quote it, only post it!
It may be too much of a reality check at this time though.
I realize I'm pushing the envelope here(to deny ignorance).

[edit on 15-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Good Tea Party report. It was pretty amazing to see all the young people wasnt it? The sheer difference in the kinds of people that showed up is just awesome and deserves reporting in itself.

Don't count on the Populous Media though, they are trying to convince everyone that all the protesters were extremists and out of touch wit hthe rest of America.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I don't watch tv too much but I try and catch the news in the evening. I haven't heard a single thing about these tea parties through MSM... just goes to show how it is all controlled.

link   
Every single person that I saw interviewed by the media was an absolute idiot. They seemed like they didn't even have a clue why they were there or what they were protesting. I bet only about 1 out of every 1000 protestors today really understand what the problems are that our country faces.

Some guy even had the balls to wear a picture of Obama dressed up as Hitler calling him a fascist, and when the newslady asked him why Obama is a fascist the guy replied: "Because he is. He's a fascist." The newslady even asked him one more time! And his reply again was something like, "Well, because he is... he's a fascist." I mean Jesus Christ man... how stupid can you be.

The Tea Parties were terrible blunders in my opinion. They set us back rather than forward. They interviewed some other guy who was stuttering and rambling on about Lincoln and made no sense whatsoever. Do any of these people even know anything about the Federal Reserve and the history of central banking in this country? Would any of these retards have been at the "End the FED" rallies? Most likely not because they don't have a clue.

link   
I wish I could've gone..... I'm too far away from any hosting place.

Was there in spirit though.

I highly doubt it will change anything, although I won't be surprised if we get alot of Lipservice from the O Admin, and rest of the govt bankers.

Funny you mention ACORN though, I heard they might show up and counter attack the protestors or something.... I'm not sure it was a brief walk by the tv type of thing. But my question is did they do anything anywhere?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's really great that you went. Something DID happen. People showed up.
This is a good sign. We have been living inside of this - "we will tell you what to do" box for so long that it will still take some time to break out.
Good for you for showing up. Showing up is big.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I watched many people bring up the federal reserve and there was also TONS of signs in the crowd speaking out against the federal reserve.

The guy you were talking about is an idiot...and yes there are always going to be misinformed people out there....but I think you need to give a bit more credit to more people.

Some of the rallies seemed to have more "end" or "audit" the fed signs than most any other.

It was great and can only help awareness of it.

Edit to add: Star and Flag for info on tea party!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

At the Houston Tea Party, everyone I spoke to was well versed in what they believed. I might not have agreed with all of it but they were knowledgeable enough to keep up with a good economic conversation.

Have you thought that they purposely showed that interview to make all the protesters look dumb and just be out there to be"cool?"

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

awesome! love that others are also going out and doing something about the government ... i agree that there really won't be an immediate effect, but this will definitely give the government something to think about the next time they try and pull a fast one on the American people ...

here are two other threads about the tea parties

Anyone else actually go to a tea party? (Pictures From Mine Inside)

Houston Tea Party Pictures & Podcast

[edit on 15-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

At the Houston Tea Party, everyone I spoke to was well versed in what they believed. I might not have agreed with all of it but they were knowledgeable enough to keep up with a good economic conversation.

Have you thought that they purposely showed that interview to make all the protesters look dumb and just be out there to be"cool?"

Yes, of course I have thought of that, but those were only 2 examples I gave you. I saw another clip where a reporter was randomly grabbing people from a huge crowd and asking them questions, which didn't seem very staged at all. Every single one of them was clueless.

The media painted this simply as a "Republicans being upset that they lost the election" thing, and unfortunately, they succeeded.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The scared grasp at any straw left! Well said!

Now that so many people are realizing what is really going on,
their dreams and futures are becoming unraveled quickly.
It explains the fear that has gripped this country for awhile now!
People realize they dont have alot of choices anymore and
it scares them into irrationality. Nothing to be ashamed of.
It just is what it is. A normal reaction to a seemingly uncontrollable situation.
I feel for the ones awakening, it is a rough time to go through.
Someone mentioned it feels like getting stabbed in the back for years. Amen.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The Tea parties were the first step in getting organized and knowing who is with you. Nothing will happen until all the groups band together and march on Washington in protest of taxation, out of control spending and a government that circumvents The Constitution Of The United States Of America at will.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
There were some good signs for sure here. I made two that said "END THE FED", one that said IRS=Mafia and one that said "TAX REVOLT NOW". They were 32x48 plywood painted with giant letters.

I handed them to some young cowboys that gladly braved the 40mph winds with giant plywood signs. I needed my hands free for security. I did picket a busy intersection for a couple hours before the march.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
The Tea parties were the first step in getting organized and knowing who is with you. Nothing will happen until all the groups band together and march on Washington in protest of taxation, out of control spending and a government that circumvents The Constitution Of The United States Of America at will.

How are you supposed to know "who is with you" when no one is on the same page? Everyone there today seemed to be protesting different things. I doubt many of the protestors even understand that our country was hijacked by international bankers many many years ago. If you don't understand that simple idea then how can you revolt against anything? The mainstream media infiltrated these protests and turned them into a "tax" issue, when taxes are only a very small piece of the puzzle.

We would have a much better chance of waking more people up to the truth with "End the FED" rallies than these stupid tax-day "Tea Parties."

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I agree that most of the people that were there had no clue about the Fed. There were a few dudes that looked like frat boys with END THE FED painted on their shirtless bodies.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
They brought up the federal reserve and were very articulate at the one in my town. Very amazing to see 1,000 plus in the RAIN! They need to go to a Bill of Rights rally now, next we do a bill of rights party!!!!

June 8th Bill of Rights James Madison submitted them on this day in 1789. So maybe we can have a party on June 8th?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

We have been living inside of this - "we will tell you what to do" box for so long that it will still take some time to break out.

It seems like a lot of the signs at these tea parties were in regards to the so called bail outs. Why is it that we all waited until the bailouts were said and done before we decided to protest. Why is it we all waited until the media told us to attend before we made our voices heard. Why is it that the same media outlets that supported the bailout are now the ones leading the movement against it?

Maybe next time we will make our voices heard without being prompted by the media and before the legislation is enacted.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari
The Tea parties were the first step

The "tea parties" were suppose to be the climax to numerous steps prior this year, and it turned out to not have even half the effect conservatives anticipated... now the excuse being run is that "its the first step" and "it will get bigger". Its just like the state sovereignty bull that have been going on for months now.. all talk, nothing more, little effect.

The very fact fox news, old neocon hands who have acted unconstitutional in the past and still do, staunch iraq invasion supporters, stormfront, the very fact they were all there really damaged any message the original Paulers intended during their marches last year.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
They interviewed some other guy who was stuttering and rambling on about Lincoln and made no sense whatsoever.

The problem is that you can't understand the connection between personal liberty and taxation or destruction of the dollar. He made perfect sense to anyone who understands what it means to burden liberty with taxes that punish success.

Would any of these retards have been at the "End the FED" rallies? Most likely not because they don't have a clue.

LOL, one of the speakers at the party I went to excoriated the Fed and gave a brief history of its problems and why it needs to change. The same people who lead these rallies lead "end the fed" type rallies as well.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by ngchunter]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join