It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I went to the Tea Party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
The "tea parties" were suppose to be the climax to numerous steps prior this year, and it turned out to not have even half the effect conservatives anticipated...

What planet are you from? The turnouts were far larger than anticipated. The media, the adminstration, they can all continue to ignore it. The point of these events is that they speak to a hunger that conservatives have for a leader who sticks to conservative principles. If they get that leader, and that's an if, that person will already have an energized base behind him. That's how obama won; his base was already energized in '04, but they had no leader, only an "anyone but bush" slogan. They needed something to vote for, not someone to vote against. The same principle holds true for conservatives today.

now the excuse being run is that "its the first step" and "it will get bigger".

The fact is that tea parties have been going on for weeks, but they've now snowballed into this. Where it goes from here, I don't know, but it's shown conservatives like myself that I'm not alone as I originally thought I was.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I strongly think we should continue to host these! Lets push for every week or at least a couple times a month! That would really get the points across!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That sounds like a great Tea Party. We had a similar one here in Denton, TX. Around 900-1000 attendees. It was great! I felt really good. All types of people in attendance, Constitutionalists, End the Fed, InfoWarriors, Ron Paul/Campaign of Liberty...

ONE big difference in ours: There must of been AT LEAST 50 Police there. They were all ok, though to me it felt like a Police State. When I left in my vehicle, I was followed three different times by Denton Cops. (I have never been arrested or in any kind of trouble, I'm 57).

All in all, we had a great event, very successful. I only hope all the Cops were listening!

[edit on 16-4-2009 by octaviameister]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

The very fact fox news, old neocon hands who have acted unconstitutional in the past and still do, staunch iraq invasion supporters, stormfront, the very fact they were all there really damaged any message the original Paulers intended during their marches last year.

Exactly right. Faux news was very responsible for the fact that McCain got the republican nomination. Glenn Beck was the remainder of the reason. The demonization campaign that these people lead against Ron Paul was completely devastating. I will never forget it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by octaviameister

Sorry to hear about the police state situation you experienced. It was crazy, I'm sure there were some off duty cops there, but there was not one single uniformed cop there. Pretty nice if you ask me. I think that there are a good number of the cops here that hate taxes too.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lozenge

There is an END THE FED rally coming up on the 25th of April. Just go to your nearest Federal reserve bank with some extremely blunt and to the point signs.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I ended up going to the tea party in Harrisburg, and I was suprised that 2000-2500 people or so showed up in the rain!

The event seemed a bit disjointed, with every possible issue you could imagine being voiced among the crowd.

I would say the crowd was vastly mixed demographically, but the majority were in their 40-50's and up.

The police were in attendance in force, but there were no incidents that I noticed.

All in all, I agree with another poster in here... I know that I am not alone, and I made some fair to middlin' contacts I think.

I would post pics that turned out beautifully, but they will not upload to our media portal for some reason... I'll post them when I figure out the issue.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

You must be talking about CNN. They purposefully picked out the nut cases. The DNC controls them so what did you expect?

The local news here had interviews with intelligent people. Both Democrats and Libertarians participated. Peaceful, legal protest is powerful. I imagine the Obama supporters are worried and will lie out their backsides to try and ignore what is happening.

This movement is still in its infancy. Expect million person demonstrations before it is over. Many people are scared.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, here you are: Harrisburg, PA tea party in the rain!

Lots of cool signs, and it looks like somebody stole Pink Floyd's pig!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db71ea3fda98.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4164ad0d675.jpg[/atsimg]
I think the "Stalin" sign is pure gold!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c1b29c28a78.jpg[/atsimg]

The view back to State Street from the top of the capital steps. The street preachers that were spouting doom and gloom have the big yellow sign. Those guys were really funny. I went down town and did a good bit of drinking after the rally, and they were still preaching hours later.

The apocalypse sounds like a great movie when you're tipsy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join