It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reporter at Chicago Tea Party: It's "Anti-CNN Since This is Highly Promoted By the Right-Wing,

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

The video you linked to failed to show all of it also.

And had she behaved like an unbiased reporter instead of an inquisitor he may have been able to actually answer her. A reporter that beligerently badgers and condescendingly keeps asking the same question over and over again, the whole time saying that he's insulting the president (as if he doesn't have a 1st amendment right when it concerns the president) and refuses to allow the man to speak is not a reporter, she's just someone doin a hackjob.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Jacob08
It's unfortunate you can't see the manipulation going on here. Fox news is putting focus to the wrong people within the movement

You still have not answered my simple question. Perhaps you don't know the answer but I will ask again. How exactly has Fox News hijacked the tea parties?

Also, how are they focusing on the wrong people? All I see is coverage of the movement with the people giving their opinions. Are you saying they should not be focusing on the people?

if you cant see what Jacob08 is implying you are probably hopeless and not worth arguing with. God bless you man..

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here's our big problem both sides republican and democrat will find ways to use these parties to their advantage to either promote or exploit us. I say why don't they use their own damn heads and stop using us to get their points across. I could be wrong but isn't that why they were put in office? We need real people really working on our issues in this country not a bunch of spoiled rich kids lining their own pockets.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I believe the problem with these tea parties is that this is not going to change anything unless we take it further, the peoples opinions and problems fell on death ears wednesday and thus nothing is going to change, we need these every week every day and not just protest of taxes we need protest of big business big govt and the fed we need activism until we get change

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Please for the everyones benefit read this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Interesting development on that dumb reporter...She's on vacation...

Way to go CNN, the channel of government propaganda.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So far Roesgen is not talking publicly about the situation. CNN tells us she's now on a previously-planned vacation.

I love how they add, "previously-planned" vacation.

What a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO
reply to post by Vitchilo

So far Roesgen is not talking publicly about the situation. CNN tells us she's now on a previously-planned vacation.

I love how they add, "previously-planned" vacation.

What a coincidence.

what they are trying to say is, larry king choked her to death with one of his suspenders. or maybe anderson cooper made her choke on his teabag.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
this is not going to end here people. look what pelosi said

she blames the rich for starting these tea parties!!! HAHA. she is so sick in the head.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

Ummm... no. They were not protesting the "unconstitutional income tax"

Way read into this what you want. The Tea Party protests were protesting the massive taxes coming our way to try and pay for the over the top spending of the last and the current administration. They were also demanding transparency and accountability.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Fox News went from being the anti-christ to now being the savior? CNN gets blasted by Fox News watchers. I am perplexed and somewhat alarmed that Fox News is now taking claim for these tea parties at the least and responsible for them at the most.

Are you blind or being intentionally ignorant? I'm not a FOX news watcher AND I went to the protest. I was pissed off that every other news agency was misrepresenting us as nuts, fake, and part of some "right wing conspiracy." Pull your head out of your ass and LOOK at what is going on. Before you accuse me of also being a Bush supporter and a repoblican, I never supported Bush. I feel he was a disaster. Neither am I a political lemming otherwise known as a republican or democrat. I do my own thinking and vote based on voting history of candidates. Anyone who supports the constitution is a radical? Anyone who ownes a gun and believes in teh 2nd amendment is a radical and possible terrorist? You sir need to step back and take a serious look at how dissenting voices are being characterized by the mass media. It's a concerted effort to try and rob anyone who is unhappy with government as a whole of their RIGHT to speak their mind and protest. Think for yourself instead of accepting the group think.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

The Democrats ignore the Tea Parties at their own peril. One of the common themes that I heard at the Tea Party that I went to was, "All Incumbents Out in 2010".

Millions of people attended the Tea Parties and that is a considerable number on a regular work day. If this movement grows, any politician that ignores it is on shaky ground.

Pelosi is probably safe in her district but she needs to remember that her position as Speaker of the House, depends on her collegues maintaining a majority.

edit: spelling and punctuation

[edit on 18-4-2009 by lunarminer]

[edit on 18-4-2009 by lunarminer]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

They will soon find out that this is exactly what happened to the Republican in the 90's when they forgot their purpose and began to serve their own ends instead of the ends of the people.

Accept for this time the people are in the streets telling them exactly what they want and they are essentially telling us to "EAT CAKE!"

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Pelosi spews nothing but garbage.

She stated the protesters were there because they were supporting the Economic Policies of Bush.

What a Joke.

This woman is so out of touch, only gets re-elected because they can draw their own district borders in California.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
this is not going to end here people. look what pelosi said

she blames the rich for starting these tea parties!!! HAHA. she is so sick in the head.

Allow me to post the facts, Mrs. Pelosi, rather than a biased self righteous claim.

Here is a video that actually has facts to support it.

It was a bad government regulation that caused the sub prime mess (Sponsored by the democrats no less), which created the housing bubble, which eventually burst, and really screwed up the economy.

Wasnt it Rob Emanuel who said "Never let a serious crisis go to waste."? I suspect Pelosi is only paying lip service, trying to cover her backside... Some of us are not as stupid as she would like. So, the ones who actually do stand up to the government, are called racists, and Bush supporters of "failed policies." It would seem they are doing their best to drum up support for their agenda while tarnishing anyone who stands against them...never letting a serious crisis go to waste.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Fox News]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I am sorry hun but there is plenty of evidence that FOX has been manipulating the news to sell right weng ideas and they were the principal promoters of this tea party.

Everybody in the world knows FOX is not only biased but completely astray from real and professional hournalism.

one thing is to report against a government and another to lie to get people revel against the government and that is what Fox is doing

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by vigusa

Since when is protesting taxes a right wing idea? Why would you disregard the statements of some one who was actually at a Tea Party?

And Tentickles didn't even mention Fox News in the post you are responding to:

Originally posted by Tentickles
You know I was just at the Houston Tea Party and it wasnt "Right Wing" there were Democrats, Republicans, Independents and Liberals!
CNN needs to shut their mouths, biased *SNIP* media.

So instead of believing an ATS member who was actually there, you are going to take Fox News' word for it.

But you just said Fox News was a bunch of liars who are manipulating the news.

Why are spreading the same propaganda that you are complaining about?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by DrZERO]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just wanted to make sure that this was re-posted. They put the brakes on the old one, they must want it silenced for some reason?????

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join