It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Christians Want Armageddon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I was raised Evangelical Christian, to this day I consider my self more or less Christian. Growing up many church leaders spoke about Revelations, Ezekiel, Daniel, and other "prophetic" books relating it to current events. This all revolved around "End Times" where the anti-Christ was to come fourth and lead the world into a One World Satanic Order.

Now with the world today this seems more and more plausible, these ideas I have no problem with. The main issue I have is the attitude a lot of "Christians" have. A common attitude is "We'll it's in the Bible, the anti-Christ has to come, why fight against it?" When I first became aware of this attitude I was puzzled, as time went on, it infuriated me.

I personally believe those who knew the truth, saw the evil coming, and did nothing will be held as responsible as those committing evil. All evil needs to prevail is for good men to nothing.

So your telling me we are supposed to sit back, relax and wait for the end to come? This is one of the main reasons I can't step foot in a church without feeling sick to stomach!

Sorry just ranting really, good day.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by oconnection]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
People are found to be more relaxed when they think the end is near,
Most religions have a final countdown and that in itself helps people cope.

That is pprobably one reason people go to phsycics, is so they can relax when they think they know the future.

It is up to the individual to accept what they believe to be end times in their own way, some may fight and others will just go with the flow.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I just realized that I posted in Political Conspiracies, mods if you want, move my thread to Conspiracies in Religion.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I personally believe those who knew the truth, saw the evil coming, and did nothing will be held as responsible as those committing evil. All evil needs to prevail is for good men to nothing.

So your telling me we are supposed to sit back, relax and wait for the end to come? This is one of the main reasons I can't step foot in a church without feeling sick to stomach!

This is true, and that is why I do not understand why there are not 200
million Americans striking and marching down the streets, protesting
against their corrupt government, demanding justice and the revealing
of the truth. Americans have the power to cripple their corrupt leaders,
but they do nothing.. they eat fast food and sit behind their TV's, turning
into obese walruses.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Today many of us while we are still small minority will be out protesting. I'm meeting with a local group at the Federal building to protest these goons. All the resources are there, many share your ideas. The organizers conveniently arranged it later in the day so you don't have to miss work.

There aren't many I come across now days who don't at least partially support my views, so this movement has great potential.

Christians is such a broad term and I think it doesn't apply for a lot of people who claim they are one.

Really this is much bigger and crosses both party lines and religious beliefs. The fact so many "Christians" are unwilling to do anything better shows they aren't Christian because there core set of principles and beliefs are in grave danger.

God gave us a free mind for a reason, let it not go to waste. Join millions of us today and finally do something.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well look at it this way. Hardcore Christians believe that after Armagedon, they get to go hang with God for eternity in Heaven away from pain and suffering.

So wouln't you want that if you were a Christian and believed in those values? I know I would. Now I am not a Christian and therefore think that any sort of Armagedon with be at the hands of ourselves not God.

But I can understand why they would hope for such things.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
People are found to be more relaxed when they think the end is near

If that's the case, Jack Van Impe must be the most relaxed man in the world. Every time I see him on TV he's talking about what a glorious time this is we're living in because the end is near and Jesus will soon be back.

I don't buy it. There are those that have been preaching that the end is near ever since language was invented. Why were they wrong then and what makes the ones saying it now right?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You see this is the problem, when it comes to prophecy, it's open to interpretation. To one reader they will understand it one way, while another will get something else. According to Christianity your supposed to go to God and his Holy Spirit for guidance. The issue is how can one say no you didn't hear that from God? How are you going to argue matters of faith? Honestly you can't in all honesty.

I don't blame them for wanting to be with God and not to experience pain, ect, what I do have an issue with is this acceptance of evil, seeing it, and not even lifting a finger.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I can understand it in the sense of wanting the world to be over and then replaced with an earth paradise with no killing, sadness, etc.
But I do know individuals who get off on the whole end time thing and I find that upsetting.
They just want to go on about how it's the end times and this and that and this is gonna happen to you because you're Christian (you'll be persecuted, store up guns and become self-sufficient!)...and how this and that is going to happen if you're not...all the while along saying nothing for any of what the world needs in its stead...hope, anything positive, love, whatever.
(My father is one of these sorts, he drives me barking mad...)
It's like misplaced excitement and glee, because like many in this world, they're sick of a monotonous life or something, who knows....and want all hell to break loose...
I'm not speaking for all Christians or anyone here, but those that I have personally met...
Not sure if this is the type the original post was concerning, but nonetheless, I have felt some nausea myself....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Evil will prevail, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. That's the way it is my friend. Harmageddon will happen, and that is the way it is, and once again, "there is nothing you can do to stop it!"

Can you stop God's purposeful plan, and can you stop God's mighty hand?

Ummm, NO!

The plan will be fulfilled. You can sit back, relax, go with the flow... Or, fall into this Infuriated State of Mind, and thus fall into the "Evil One's" snare.

The anti-christ will come, and so will some very awful times.

Do you have a solution better than that of God?

My guess would be "no"...

So, Love your neighbour as you Love yourself. Donate to the needy. Feed the hungry. Help the poor. Do what you can to stay on God's good side, and let God deal with everyone else.

The last days are inevitable. The prophet Joel spoke of them, and said that the spirit of God will enter into every human being. This is in the book of Acts and Chapter 2.

Christians want the end to come, then God, Jesus Christ, will dwell with mankind on the new earth and be the light of it. What could be better than that.

The only entity to truly blame for all the wrong that you see is the opposer, the deceiver, the fallen one, who is Satan; as-well-as those angels that rebelled with him.

Leave judgement to God and God alone. God inspired one to write, "he who judges has one who judges him." Don't be that one who judges, because it is not your place, and God only knows the heart that is in us all.

Peace and Love.

Onehappyangel

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onehappyangel

This is all based on your views, only God truly knows when the end will come. While it's a popular belief amongst Christians it isn't necessarily true. Every generation since Christ has said it's the end times. The fact of the matter is no one knows the day or the hour, so I partially agree with your statement.

From your viewpoint it can be argued that we need more time to save souls, the more time we have the more opportunity we have to save those who are not saved, ect.

Also note many don't believe in the Rapture, and the 7 year tribulation period in the classical sense.

This is the part I agree with you, love your neighbor, share your faith, do all you can in the time we have.

To sit back and wait for the end is selfish in that sense. For generations so many have had the attitude that one does not deserve saving. That there evil dead's while viewed with our own eyes is viewed by many that they deserve suffering. Look at the Inquisition and the Crusades. Same spirit just in modern times.

To say in the end evil will prevail makes me highly skeptical, because it is taught in the end Good (God) will prevail, though these are times of darkness indeed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It's great that you have such concern for good prevailing over evil, but what most christians are saying is that, if this event or that event has to take place in order for the plan of God to unfold, then it is going to happen regardless of what they try and do about it. For example, this past presidential election could very well cause a domino effect of events to take place throughout the world that would lead up to something that God is going to allow to happen in order for his plan to be fulfilled, therefore I find it pointless to try and come up with schemes to sway such huge factors (like a presidential election) in the way that you think will be for the better. All you need to do is focus on doing what is in your mind the right thing, and really, that's all that matters on an individual level.

EDIT to say: I didn't mean to sound like some "Anti-Obama" guy trying to imply him being elected this past election = sure disaster, it was just the first example that came to mind of a major event that could influence other worldly events, therefore making whoever gets elected a key part in God's plan.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Gdc934]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRQuick

I don't buy it. There are those that have been preaching that the end is near ever since language was invented. Why were they wrong then and what makes the ones saying it now right?

It doesn't matter if the preachers are right or wrong, people like to see a finish line and if they think it is just around the corner, the more comfort they feel.
They live with a quiet excitement, just like waiting for a birthday, except they don't know on what day the party will be. so they anticipate constantly.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well its not really apt because there are people of all faiths (mainly Christianity, Judaism and Islam) all waiting for their personal messiah to come deliver us from evil and bring about the end times, and cleansing of souls.
But you dont add that there are plenty of atheists and anarchists that want the end, and are willing to sit back and watch the world burn. Its not just religious people.
And then there are people just sick of this worlds corruption and evil who just want it to end, but I think they might just need counselling...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

It's a matter of responsibility really. People now days freak out with too much responsibility. We have free will, I believe the end will come when the world is in such a bad state we will require intervention before we destroy the whole world.

top topics

join