It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
And a quastion for devilwasp.

if your armies and navies are so great and powerful why did the UK drag us into two world wars (count em) that not only were none of our concern, but the American public was vehnemently opposed to participating in?

A= britain has never had and never will have a large army so we couldnt fight a long drawn out war wich both wars were especially ww1 which i might add u done very little in u didnt send troops until 1918 and it finished in 1918
Yes. DRAGGED. One only looks into the events that led our joining both wars, one can see much behind the scenes manipulation to drag us into the wars.

we didnt drag u into nothing. u came in ww1 cause ur sailors were getting killed by germans FACT
u joined in ww2 becuase u went to war with japan and then germany went to war with you FACT

If youre so great, then why do you people incessantly bitch and cry that we took too long joining both wars. Whats the matter? Surely your armies were capable of doing the job on thier own? Why was it necessary the US get involved?
germany was and IS like twice the size of us so it has twice the man power also it has lots of resouces in it .
also at least we shoot straight and dont kill canadians cause they were signaling that they were friendly !
also germany WAS the biggest and best trained army in ww1 so we had no chance agaisnt it in a full on war BUT we held them at mons and OUR rifle fire was so good the germans thought we had machine guns when we just had rifles!
I agree, the oceans ahve logn been our best friends, and should still to this day be used as our best friends.

huh? the oceans are friendly when THEY want to be friendly

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ill explain that a little better then.

ISOLATIONISM. The oceans can be our best friends if only we #ing LET them be our friends. the seperate us from the old world and its eternal battles, politics, intrigues, and other garbage we are best left out of.

The good old days when America's biggest problems were bootleggers, bandits, bank robbers. When we stayed on our side of the Atlantic and pacific with a few minor military scuffles with old world colonial powers (like the philipines).

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ah i understand yeah u guys did do that in the early 1900s for ages

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
yes but it shot its self in the foot

Well, DUH, thats how all great powers fall. They commit suicide. You guys did the same thing.

Rome fell because it became to chaotic, too indulgent, too diverse, to stretched out, too corrupted within. Britian fell because you bankrupted yourselves fighting so many wars.

Well fall through excess and, most importantly, social decay, the breakdown the the family unit and the rot of society within, similar to how rome fell.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Britian fell because you bankrupted yourselves fighting so many wars.
hey we wasnt caused by that ! we just got crap prime mininesters and that ww1 thing kinda killed us

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just like we keep getting crap presidents with hidden agendas who keep squandering our wealth, starting conflicts that we have no real desire to finish, and continually looking for ways to destroy the constitution. And of course, presidents who antagonize our ALLIES and friendly countries to the point that the number of christmas card lists were appearing on are shrinking.............

Thats how they all fall, Ill say again. great empires dont fall from the outside, they fall from within by thier own hand.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Skadi

You are making your escape to the "Rest Of The World" side anyway! Will your miltant vociferousness continue from there?

You have so much taken to heart the George W Bush creed "You are either with us or against us". I notice there are less fencesitters each day.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
He has risen!

Welcome back! Didnt think id see the mask reappear on the board!

Who said anything about taking sides anyway? Im simply stating the obvious: isolation was the best foreign policy we ever pursued. We didnt sit on the fence, we simply hung out in our own yard and screw everyone else.

Despite my migration across our friend, the ocean, my views shall not change. After all, ti was my first trip across the atlantic and the subsequent 3 years I spent there that gave me my voracious views in the first place...........

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Ill explain that a little better then.

ISOLATIONISM. The oceans can be our best friends if only we #ing LET them be our friends. the seperate us from the old world and its eternal battles, politics, intrigues, and other garbage we are best left out of.

The good old days when America's biggest problems were bootleggers, bandits, bank robbers. When we stayed on our side of the Atlantic and pacific with a few minor military scuffles with old world colonial powers (like the philipines).

Hiya Skadi,
While I love your idealism (now that's sexxxxxy
), we live in a global economy which will always facilitate a nose from one side in the other's business. Don't ya just hate the greed pit?

Oh...btw...I sent you a membership request for your msn site!

I'll bring the ice, Vodka, lemons, and sugar...you bring the glasses! Lemondrops!!!!

Cya!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
True, Sorry, we do live in an ever imncreasing globalized nightmare, but we can move towards isolationism still, mainly, military and somewhat diplomatic.

After all, everyone forgets Switzerland has spent the past millineum as a neutral country. If they can do it, why cant we?

Ill check my email, approve, although very little goes on in my site these days anyway.

Vodka is welcome, but I prefer mine straight, like all alcohol. I like to feel the burn and wretch as pure, undiluted nerve poison courses down my throat!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Vodka is welcome, but I prefer mine straight, like all alcohol. I like to feel the burn and wretch as pure, undiluted nerve poison courses down my throat!

On topic, Too many "peabrains in the greedpowerpod" to affect any real change. We've lost control as a public to choose our own political course due to capitalist rule.

Off Topic: If you were hanging out on this island, you learn to appreciate that ice in that liquor!

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by s.o.r.r.y.]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would pay 15 bucks to watch that Skadi. You know the third world would stand a great chance of winning this type of fight. Many of them came to power via coups and killing, chances are they have been in a scrap or two. The first world's bureaucrats are bound to be plump, pink and none to tough.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
I would pay 15 bucks to watch that Skadi. You know the third world would stand a great chance of winning this type of fight. Many of them came to power via coups and killing, chances are they have been in a scrap or two. The first world's bureaucrats are bound to be plump, pink and none to tough.

I don't know..... The fat cats would be waving dollar bills around getting the others to fight each other..... They are clever bastards.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

North America accounts for something like over 60% of WORLD GDP
No # there its a fact. Research it!

I think maybe you should research it. Because I did and it is not over 60%. The US's GDP accounts for about 20% of the world's GDP, and North America accounts for about 30%.

So yes, what you said is in fact #.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Very funny GreenKoolAid.

I needed to laugh.

Variable

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Does anyone out there think it would be possible to revert back to the isolationism of America's earlier days?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Possible but doubtful, no offence man but the US has its nose in everything.
In my opinion it should step back from affairs and work on sequreing its borders.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm all for tightening up security along our borders. I think we should bring our troops home from North Korea and West Europe and station them along the borders. Kill two birds with one stone: Protect borders, refresher troops for Iraq & Afghanstan.

And yeah, good luck with the isolationism. NAFTA and GATT seem to be set in stone.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
truth as much as i admire ur patrisiom i'm afriad i have to burst ur bubble
1stly america doesnt have the largest economy or the best 1 in the world its number 3 china about number 2 and japan is number 1
y u cry out? cause they have they are the most technologicaly advanced country in the world take the game cube for exsample invented in japan but best selled in america imagine every time u see a child buying a game cube thats another couple of dolars going to japans economy
also i like ur patritism i respect it u can say to the world i love my country and u cant change that !

www.corporations.org...
heres the true list, putting ameica at number one, i find it funny that wal mart is the 25 largest economic powers. The situation of every against the US i so unlikely to unfold in a true convential war, id like to put the grays as an ally of the US,lol. I think a large problem of taking over the US would be the population fighting back like in Iraq. Some say all empires fall, and thats because most ;large empires have been set on counquering the world, Romans, Alexander, Hitler which is the cause of their downfall, The us doens't want this. DEcipite what many may think the us doensn't want to conquer the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
call me crazy but I think the US would win a war, against the whole world without using nukes. What do you think all the "black budget" projects are for. I've said it before and I'll say it again the united states military is severely under estimated. Partly because the United states general public doesn't even know how powerful their own government is.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join