It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. the World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by devilwasp
just cause usa hepled fund it doesnt mean that thier the world power frankly they are just the largest consumer nothing more nothing less
oh and also america didnt fund it it was an allied force!

umm ok..but our gdp 10 trillion per year, we earn 2 trillion in revenues per year, we are the biggest importer and exporter of everything, our air force is the largest most advanced force on the planet, our army is the 2nd largest with training as good as any if not the best, our navy again is the largest on earth with the best ships there are and we have bases and troops in over 100 countries and most technology has come from us, that all doesnt just happen by luck or for no reason, it happens because the US is a world power.

money = power and advancement in the world, the US has the most so its only logical....

look u may have the largest but not the best trained in any branch they are really badly trained
our navy crews are better trained and our marines are the best infantry men in the world
secondly your navy is not exsactly the best considering a backwards understrength smaller force always kick ur asses! ha ha ha
and y does our army alwasy beat urs in wargames

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
LOL, my dad can beat up your dad!

You poor deluded non-Americans still may hold onto some sliver of hope that your country could beat the US in a war but, you would be fooling yourself. Compared to other countries we simply out spend you all. Until you put the money into your military comparable to the US, you will never be a superpower. You may have the best trained Cornish pixie army in the world, but we will find them and if they are in concentration, we will obliterate them. Ask the Taliban and tribal Aphgans, no doubt man per man, many of the mujahadeen are top notch fighters. Nothing beats on the job training, especially in war. Peace time training is nice, but actually going out and fighting builds experience and competence. Many of these tough fighters simply ceased to exist when a satellite or laser guided 2000 lb bomb air-bursted over them. Read some of the books out now about the war. The Green Berets did in three months what the Brits, Turrks and Russian couldn't do in the years they were there. It's not just individual troops that matter; it is the combined strategic might that makes the US the lone superpower. Whether your Pixies can beat our Seals is irrelevant, if all the pixies die on the way to the fight? capeche?

Why do you think Britain is our staunchest ally??? Because Britain still has very intelligent people in power.

Variable

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
LOL, my dad can beat up your dad!

You poor deluded non-Americans still may hold onto some sliver of hope that your country could beat the US in a war but, you would be fooling yourself.
hell we couldnt beat u in a war but u couldnt invade britain for sure! ur men couldt handle our forces here we know how to win a war here!
Compared to other countries we simply out spend you all. Until you put the money into your military comparable to the US, you will never be a superpower.
so your saying that we need to spend billions on stupid helicopters for our navy that dont float and get filled up with sand if u leave them outside or we need to spend about 6 billion on a scout helicopter that doesnt even work?
You may have the best trained Cornish pixie army in the world, but we will find them and if they are in concentration, we will obliterate them.
exscuse me ! where the (V) do u get the cornish bit from ? u couldnt find ur own asses with both hands
u have remembered that our troops are better trained so no matter what u throw u couldnt find or hurt them
and if u r so good at finding armies where is osama?or his armies?
Ask the Taliban and tribal Aphgans, no doubt man per man, many of the mujahadeen are top notch fighters.
A . the taliban havnt all been found and u havnt found thier leader so no point in saying that u defeated them because u cant win agaisnt a suicide bomber.

Nothing beats on the job training, especially in war. Peace time training is nice, but actually going out and fighting builds experience and competence.
yeah thats why we actually go out into the field and do stuff . unlike some people who prefer to leave thier men behind for us to rescue them.
Many of these tough fighters simply ceased to exist when a satellite or laser guided 2000 lb bomb air-bursted over them.
u seem to forget something about us .we actually can camoflage our self's
Read some of the books out now about the war. The Green Berets did in three months what the Brits, Turrks and Russian couldn't do in the years they were there.
and what specific war are u talking about there are lots of wars
It's not just individual troops that matter; it is the combined strategic might that makes the US the lone superpower.
what about china with its 100 million men and another million in reserve?
also this STRATIGIC MIGHT u speak of please enlighten us on this cause frankly bombing the (v) out of some 1 doesnt seem like a tactic.
Whether your Pixies can beat our Seals is irrelevant, if all the pixies die on the way to the fight?
if u find our guys then u deserve to fire at them .if u survive the counter attack then you are really lucky.

also please exsplain why u think the usa is the super power of the world ,i respect ur patriatism, but when u have a debt of over a trillion dollars thats not good ! also at least we care about our citizens ,some great country of freedom when u cant even get free medical!

Why do you think Britain is our staunchest ally???
cause tony blair is up GW BUSHES (V) thats y and who do u want us to be freinds with the french?russians?germans?
also we share a common history and we have respect for each other thats y, at least some of us do
also we speak the same language thats helps exstremly
Because Britain still has very intelligent people in power.
u think tony blair is smart! man thats the best joke ever! tony blair is an idiot!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You know people might pay more attention to you if you didn't use "u" for "you" and spell a little better. Not to
mention you wrote inside my quote and I can hardly read it. ;p
Sometimes how you say something is as important as what you say.

I also never battle wits with the unarmed, it just isn't fun.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Russia VS. America is suicidal to the world, but the world against U.S is just crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
America really is liked by many many other countries.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Bottom line, all things come to an end. The same with superpowers. I've said it before, look at Rome, Britain. Nothing more needs to be said and if you think that America will be an undying power you are delluding yourself. It has already started.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
true... but look at russia. It collapsed and its slowly on the way to recovery.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yes but it shot its self in the foot

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
how did it shoot itself in the foot

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
America is disliked worldwide

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I 'preciate all the comments in my absence. I've been meaning to get back to this.

One point that seems to be lost on many of the posters is that with a collapsed economy (the first volley against the USA in a hypothetical war) the USA would be dealt a severe blow and would not be able to project much of any strength abroad. (Unless every last bit of gas/oil was taken away from domestic use.) We would be pretty much crippled.

Stage two of an attack: North Korea with China's backing invades South Korea. Our Navy would probly incinerate the entire peninsula.

Stage three: A united Middle East would swarm into Iraq and try to crush our forces there. It would be up to Israel to pull our chestnuts out of the fire b/c there wouldn't be a whole lot we could do. Unless... again, our Naval and Air Forces just waited for as many Arabs to pour into Iraq as possible and then nuke it to hell.

There are so many variables.. so many things that could happen.. So many different possible scenarios. It staggers the mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
One thing is certain, I do believe America will suffer an economic crash and by the end of these days, we will be a glorified third-world nation.

The spookiest part about prophecy is that our nation is not mentioned. Nowhere to be found. Someone awhile back pointed that out. It's chilling.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
U.S would lose against a Russia-China alliance (which by the way they have) but with Europe and the rest of the countries put into the war America is screwed. But really, wouldnt another world war suck???

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Who the hell is Zukov? On the recent posts board the last post sez Zukov. ? Strange.
There's no Zukov.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
What do you mean there is no Zukov??? Im not a figment of your imagination...or am I???

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Someone by the name of Zukov is posting but its not showing. What's the deal, MOD?

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
say BUBBLES if you can see what im typing. k???

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
USA vs the world. It sounds like a cheesy ad for a wwf wrestling match. So......why not, I say?

Get the world leaders, dimplomats, buerocrats, all in one big fat doom dome, like thunderdome in mad max. Then, dress them up in florescent gay looking spandex outfits. Fill the steel dome with all sorts of nasty weapons like chainsaws and spikes.......then have at it.

Tickets would be 15 bucks per person, funds going to rebuilding all the damage our leaders have caused. We can also order it via pay per view. Knives, swords, maces, flails, saws, pikes, poison darts, it will be there!

Seriously though, East Coast Kid, you have a point, though America will never bow before the EU or any foreigners. It will simply be a matter of sterilizing the world with nukes. Remeber, our govornment has nukes placed all over to erradicate and sterilize America should defeat be iminent. The Europeans would be left with millions of square miles of charred, radioactive wastelands devoid of life and use. Theyd be rid of us, only to have to content with the upcoming nuclear winter and the radiactive atmosphere.

Somehow, I doubt it will come to that. I think Europe if they turn against us shall udnermine us in multiple other ways via the shadows. But never direct military conflict.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And a quastion for devilwasp.

if your armies and navies are so great and powerful why did the UK drag us into two world wars (count em) that not only were none of our concern, but the American public was vehnemently opposed to participating in?

Yes. DRAGGED. One only looks into the events that led our joining both wars, one can see much behind the scenes manipulation to drag us into the wars.

If youre so great, then why do you people incessantly bitch and cry that we took too long joining both wars. Whats the matter? Surely your armies were capable of doing the job on thier own? Why was it necessary the US get involved?

I agree, the oceans ahve logn been our best friends, and should still to this day be used as our best friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join