It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With anti-addiction pill, 'no urge, no craving'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
TWO THINGS:

Naltrexone is a good drug, and in fact it is part of Subuxone,
which is what cures many opiate addicts- yet it is not active-
it does not enter the system. It is there to prevent the pill from being
cooked and booted, or, injected. Orally, there is no high- in the sublingual administration. But injected, Buprenorphine- what Subuxone is- does produce a high.

On its' own, Naltrexone is a good drug for all the reasons the poster mentioned... so I agree.

BUT...

It is not a panacea.

But there is one... a wonder drug placed on Earth by God himself, or herself.

It is an African bush plant called Iboga, from which Ibogaine HCL is derived.

Taken ONCE, it cures any addiction.

Repeat- one administration.

Get this: this wonder drug is unabusable- it is not a pleasant experience.

I know- I did it.

It is a hallucinogen... where an African spririt guide called the Bwiti takes you on a visual metaphysical journey through your past to uncover the causality of your addiction. A decade of therapy in one trip- one 36 hour rough trip.

Here is the best part- I mean- the worst part...

This unabusable (because there is no fun or high to it) drug that CURES addiction is...

a SCHEDULE I drug... just like the drugs it cures- heroin, coc aine, etc.

Ironic?

Conspiracy?

You bet.

Ibogaine.

Google it.

THAT IS THE CURE FOR ALL ADDICTIONS.

T.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I do wish that something like this could take away my addiction to nicotine. I've been trying to quit smoking for over a year and it's a constant struggle. I'm free of it for a few weeks and then somehing happens I'm back to smoking. I really hate myself for being so weak.

My family has a long history of addictions. My mom and my dad both struggled and in the end overcame addictions to coc aine. My sister is a alcoholic and drug addict. Somewhere in our genes I do believe there is some kind of defect that makes addicition more likely. Thankfully I've managed to avoid addicitons other then to nicotine but still I'm aware of the risk and lead my life with that in mind.

It's my sincerest hope that some miracle pill can fix addiction, but as a previous poster mentioned, addicition is not just a physical sickness but a soul sickness as well. I don't know if any medication can fix that.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

That's weird. How can a specific hallucination be the cure to all addictions for anyone, if hallucinations cannot be the same all the time for everyone from the same plant?

I'll go look it up.

But I mean, if it works, it should be accessible. But if it's traumatic or something, maybe its being suppressed because otherwise people would need to take it in a specialized care center and it would be too expensive?

EDIT- OHHHHH it's typically used for opiate addiction and is often used temporarily

[edit on 4/16/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Originally posted by Merigold
I do wish that something like this could take away my addiction to nicotine. I've been trying to quit smoking for over a year and it's a constant struggle. I'm free of it for a few weeks and then somehing happens I'm back to smoking. I really hate myself for being so weak.

go to your doc and get on chantix. i dont recommend it cuz the side effects are hellish and could change your mind and life but if you really want to quit it might be worth a try.

the side effects of smoking are nothing to brag about so maybe it would be something to check into.

dont say i told u though

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

The funny business of the whole pill thing is the business of producing addiction and later introducing anti-addiction you CANNOT do without.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

There is another one called suboxone. And they work really really well.

For one, not only do they keep you from craving or going through withdrawel symptoms, but they also block you from enjoying drugs, because all they do is plug up the site recepters that receive the opiods that make you happy. So they end up floating around doing nothing.
It also has a half life of 36 hours. So even if you stop taking it, you are blocked for quite a long time. I read this caused one or two peple problems when they needed emergency surgery and they couldnt' get pain relief.

Yes people can manipulate the medicine. But people also use drug treatement centers for hookups.

These medications are far safer then the drugs people are taking.

It is to help people safely wean. But it is meant to be used in combination with treatment. Serious heroin addicts sometimes need to stay on it for a year or more.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj

The funny business of the whole pill thing is the business of producing addiction and later introducing anti-addiction you CANNOT do without.

I'm formulating a pill to overcome anti-addiction-pill addiction.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I ve been using suboxone for a while. It has kept me clean for a long time now. I definitely recommend it. Your quality of life goes up immediately. Its not a miracle drug, though. You still need to deal with life. Best used with a solid support system.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 20 Eyes

Good for you 20 Eyes. Like I said on the first page, Suboxone saved me from my addiction to Oxy's. And there was no "substitute addiction" to Suboxone. I took it for several months to ease through the withdrawl and gradually lowered the dosage until I was able to be completely drug free. The thing is that you have to want to quit and know it wont be easy. I haven't had any problems with cravings or anything else and it's been over 4 years without any kind of narcotic whatsoever. It's nice to have energy again and an often under reported side effect of narcotic addiction is a lack of sex drive. It's REALLY nice to have that back.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

In other threads, and in general there are theories which claim the government to be the only reason for drugs being available in many countries.... If this was true, why ould the government try immunizations for drugs? Wouldn't that harm their "Drug-buissness" ?

They're probably working both angles: Sell people drugs and get them addicted, then get them in some kind of tax-funded rehab program (from which they are skimming money), lather, rinse, repeat. There will always be new "marks" to get trapped into the cycle.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"You know what would put people off drugs? More drugs!"

Oh the Irony. Welldone CaptainBrain Box.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join