It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Searching for all FACTS - No Speculation Please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'm trying to reach deeper into researching the prophecies of 2012, but there are too many personal opinions intertwining into what could be potentially knowledge-filled threads and sources.

Can we begin a list of sources in this thread that show only facts about what past civilizations and texts show about 2012, or surrounding dates?

There is so much bunk to sift through and I, for one, would find it most helpful in my research if we could have one solid source for sheer fact only.

To clarify, I would like all information about the Mayan calendar, and other civilizations and prophecies which point to 2012. FACTS ONLY!

Please leave all speculations or interpretations out of your replies, thank you.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by KingOfVillains]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingOfVillains
There is so much bunk to sift through and I, for one, would find it most helpful in my research if we could have one solid source for sheer fact only.

That is because if you sift out the bunk there is nothing actually left.

Look to history - we predicted doomsday and the end of all in Y2K and it didn't happen.

Right now we are predicting doomsday and the end of all in 2012 and it won't happen again.

The only hard fact we have is that if the LHC starts working properly, it might actually start producing collisions and an extremely small chance of mini black holes that have an extremely small chance of causing doomsday.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
True, mostly conspiracies are made out of speculations.

Sad to say but true, we see minute facts like the mayan calender at a stopping point on a exact date, and Speculate from there what may happen.

It's judgement based thing. For the past two hours I've been searching for hard evidence online of 2012, but everything becomes so redundant and debunked, then unbunked? yeah unbunked. So it's hard to sift at best!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So basically...we have several accounts and occurences which point to this date, correct? That's what I would like reference to. Even if it doesn't say WHAT will happen, just that this date is significant.

I understand that most are theories, speculations and conspiracies...but there are hard facts that show 12.21.12 or there-about as a significant date in human existence. Those are the references I would like posted here.

How many civilizations or cultures refer to this date, and what, if any, information do THEY provide about it?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by KingOfVillains

Regarding the Mayan Calendar which points to this date. It only points to the date because the Mayans are not around to bother making another calendar.

They had to re-make their calendar every XXX years or so because their calendar was inaccurate (leap seconds).

They are not around now to make a new calendar.

That's why it ends in 2012, just because that is the furthest they calculated the last revision of the calendar, not because it is a special date or anything where the earth will end.

Just because our Gregorian calendar ends December 31st every year does not mean the world will end.

Why are we thinking the end of the Mayan calendar will mean something much more than the end of a calendar???

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

I merely refer to it because others have mentioned how other calendars and other historical findings from past civilizations have pointed to or around this date as a significant time in human existence.

Thus, why I'm looking for whatever FACTS I can find.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Nick_X sums it up perfectly. There are no facts concerning 2012 other than it's a date on the calendar. It's even a stretch to call 2012 conspiracies 'speculation'. IMHO, it's tantamount to Chicken Little Hysteria and has no basis whatsoever in the real world.

What will we see on December 24th 2012 (the day after)? Lots of red faces, back pedaling, and attempts by many to move the goal posts.

IRM

[edit on 15/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
video.google.com...#

Start from the top down. Anything you need are in these videos.

www.december212012.com...

A little more, a little.

skepdic.com...

Skeptics,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If more are needed, to draw a personall conclusion a U2U is appropriate.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
some of david wilcocks stuff on 2012 is pretty good. i have attached a link to a page on his website.

read a bit further down about rapid evolutionary evidence.

divinecosmos.com...

G

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

www.december212012.com...

Seriously...

The "Official Website" right next to the words "Shop now" and "Advertise with us"...and then later on 5 websites for the price of 1

Gotta love the advertisment that says "Get your 2012 Supplies here!" showing a full face gasmask.

I would trust info from a non-profit .org rather from a .com any day:

The Maya Calendar

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The classic Maya civilisation
Ancient Egyptians myhology
Mesoamerican myhtology
Norse myhtology
Hindu Yuga System, the Vedas
Timewave Zero, I Ching
The Bible Code
Tibetan Monks
Crop Circles
NDE experiences, OOBEs
Hopi prophecies
Magnetic field changes
Astrological observations
Human evolution

All those things are relevant to the time we are currently living in. I urge you to study all of this before making any ignorant assumptions.

A good book is 'The Mystery of 2012'.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah, nothing is going to happen.
Ouch my side is starting to hurt. There are history channel videos on youtube that go into detail about 2012. Type in Nostradamus 2012 and you will see a series of videos made by the history channel. Oh by the way, skeptics love to point out y2k, which was only a date predicted that the computers would crash. 2012 is different than any other year and still people will say it's a fluke.

"Hey, did you hear about the earth being round?"
"Yes a thousand times now. I just want to slap that idiot who came out with that theory."

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Supposed fact: The Mayans stated that the next cykle beginning on that date, would be the start of "A Golden Age", whatever they meant with that.

Supposed fact: They also stated that in 2012, one of their gods, which were a "Feathered Serpent" named Quetzalcoatl, would return.
I guess the realization of one of their gods returning, would indeed be considered a "Golden Age" just in itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I do appreciate the actual info that is being posted here. I am currently writing my own idea/thesis as to what could be building up for humans as a whole. I think most here will find it interesting, inciteful and entertaining...even though some will of course scoff and bash it. I will definitely post it in this forum once it is finished.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Nick_X sums it up perfectly. There are no facts concerning 2012 other than it's a date on the calendar. It's even a stretch to call 2012 conspiracies 'speculation'. IMHO, it's tantamount to Chicken Little Hysteria and has no basis whatsoever in the real world.

What will we see on December 24th 2012 (the day after)? Lots of red faces, back pedaling, and attempts by many to move the goal posts.

IRM

[edit on 15/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

Actually we will see a new date to the end as we know it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Then you have on top of all of that stuff the real stuff that will happen. Nasa and Noah Both have stated that the sunspot activity will be at its maximum in 2012. and that we can be expecting major solar storms. They also are expecting us to go into a mini ice ago which hasnt happened since the late 1800s. The problem now is that everything is electric and all the leectric stuff will quit working when the solar storms hit. So say good bye to the electric for about 20 to 50 years.

Thats just the begining. Because you need to realize someone has to be at the nuclear plants to keep them going or they will all go big badda boom. And low and behold guess what? All of the gas stations that carry the gas for the generators that would keep the plants running all run on Electric???

Man we are so gonna be screwed. If you make it through all of the above. Then you have to worry about food. And how to get it. And how to heat your home. And how many folks you will have to fight just to try and get medicine for your sick kids.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
[edit on 16-4-2009 by CaveMan TeK]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I tried the same a while ago. There are not facts. The video's websites and all that goes with them are just cut and paste jobs and speculation. Even the supposed translations of ancient text holds no water. There is no reason to believe any of it.

Good Luck

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

obviously its aliens returning for the gold they put us on the planet to mine, thats why its the golden age

(sorry L.Ron)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Fact: The latest cycle of the Mayan calendar (5124 years) ends on the 21.12.2012.

Fact: The Document used to interpret Mayan beliefs associated with their calender is The Mayan Creation Myth (the popul vuh). Also various carved monuments at a ceremonial site called Izapa ( where the calander was invented)

Fact: there is NO direct, hard evidence that links 21.12.2012 with pole shifts , tsunamis, solar flares, earthquakes, volcanoes, or any other cataclysmic event.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join