It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sr Counsel to 9/11 Comm.: "At Some Level of the Government...There Was an Agreement Not to Tell the

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Sr Counsel to 9/11 Comm.: "At Some Level of the Government...There Was an Agreement Not to Tell the Truth"

www.washingtonsblog.com

On April 14th, the senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission - John Farmer - will publish a book called The Ground Truth: The Story Behind America's Defense on 9/11.
The book has not yet been released.
Farmer's publisher says he builds the case that the official version not only is almost entirely untrue, but serves to create a false impression of order and security.

Farmer said he was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm not a big September 11 conspiracist, but any administration as bent on secrecy as that of George W. Bush is bound to have skeletons in its closet.

I doubt the book will reveal a government plot against her people, but it should reveal why we couldn't or didn't better defend and respond to the attacks.

Does anyone want to go to the bookstore and skim through a copy to do a book review?

This prompts 2 questions in my mind:

What secrets have not been revealed?

What lies have we been told?

I doubt we'll ever know the entire truth.

Our grandchildren might, though.

If the chemtrails, H5N1 flu trucks, and "FEMA trains" doesn't get them first. (Seriously, I think those last three are laughably ridiculous and only feeble minds succumb to such trash.)

Deny ignorance.

jw

www.washingtonsblog.com

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

I doubt we'll ever know the entire truth.

Our grandchildren might, though.

www.washingtonsblog.com

Just like you and I found out the truth about the Kennedy assasination, right?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I have found 3 release dates for this book

www.tower.com/ground-truth-john-farmer-hardcover/wapi/112519212
Release date May 12th 2010 (ISBN 0151013764)

www.borders.com...
Release date Sept 9th 2009 (ISBN 1594488940)

www.amazon.ca...
Release date April 14th 2009 (ISBN 0151013764)

Apparently Borders has the wrong ISBN, or he has written two books. Also, I am none to familliar with how an ISBN is generated, or really any other aspects of the number. Just seemed a little odd to me...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks Sherlock
, for revealing to 9/11 Truthers everywhere what we already knew.

If this Farmer chap who's waited a good 8 years to come out with this story is actually serious about blowing the lid on the 9/11 Commission officially he better hurry up and do it before Obama grants the Bush administration an official pardon.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

50 years from 1963 is 2013. Most secrets require a generation to die before they are revealed, and promises are only good for about that long, too.

We will know more about JFK sooner than we will about September 11.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Just as with movies and "selected theaters," certain favored distributors get books before others.

Walmart has exclusive rights to certain music CDs for a period.

The book can be ordered from Amazon now.

jw

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
s and f.
I alredy posted in another thread that this is probably not going to be a breaking point but I am happy to see the fight for thruth still alive.

one day I hope people will finally understand what world they are living on

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Always fun to learn about how things work, thank you for the information and apologies for my lack of.

I was going to go get the book right now, but I do not order from Amazon. I am still scouring for a place I can walk into and purchase it. I will breeze past Borders and Barnes, just in case they have it stock.

Never know, maybe "The Man" is trying to confuse me! Of course, I do that well enough without his help...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
After a generation or so people are told and the new generation don't see the relevance anymore. Like the USS Liberty for instance. I have yet to find people crying, aside from the survivors and most humans just don't have a good long term memory. Or are silly enough to assume everything is changed and this would never happen now.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

If the chemtrails, H5N1 flu trucks, and "FEMA trains" doesn't get them first. (Seriously, I think those last three are laughably ridiculous and only feeble minds succumb to such trash.)

Deny ignorance.

jw

Actually, if you study the worldview the military has, you find that the above are not so farfetched. The Chemtrails are likely experiments to control the weather and mitigate Earthwarm. The Air Force official policy, as stated on their website, (or used to be... dunno if it still is) is to control the weather as a weapon of war.

The HSN1 trucks idea seemed farfetched to me also, until I remembered the biowar experiments in San Diego a few decades ago, when the military released a flu on the population to study dispersal patterns. Several people died and the truth came out in court after their families sued the government.

Fema Trains might well exist. For two reasons... first is that the government was very embarrassed by not being ready for the Hurricane's aftermath and the refugees it generated. The Fema camps are likely rationalized as for that purpose. Also, they could be used for containment of large groups when they arrest protesters. Dunno if they will be used as the more paranoid among us think, but I chose to think there can be any possibility... lol... I have no faith in the government at all. But its funny that the conservs think the Liberals will do it to them, and visa versa... lol They fail to see the real divisions in the country.

I do know that the government is capable of mowing down protesters in bloodbaths if they decide that's what they want to do. The last major planned bloodbath of protesters I know about, back in 1970, ordered by Nixon, was thwarted by the soldiers themselves refusing to cooperate and kill American protesters. I know because I was one of the many thousands of soldiers who refused. And no, the press never printed even a hint of it, which shows the level of control of the press the government has.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Worldmind]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Thanks Sherlock
, for revealing to 9/11 Truthers everywhere what we already knew.

My name is not Sherlock, Goldilocks. You only think you know the truth about September 11 (I believe the victims deserve to have the attacks remembered as a date, not a number.).

If ... Farmer ... is actually serious about blowing the lid on the 9/11 Commission ...he better hurry up and do it before Obama grants the Bush administration an official pardon.

I doubt Obama would ever grant Bush and his administration anything. I do not believe our government killed 3,000 people on purpose. I believe that they did not properly defend or prevent the tragedy when they could have, but it was out of ineptitude rather than malice.

Just as Obama and his cronies have never met a "crisis" they couldn't capitalize on, I believe GWB seized on the attacks to push a democratization agenda in the Middle East. Much like Obama will push his fascist/socialst agendas on the backs of the current crises.

These guys all have their own agendi, but I do not believe Bush had the brains or time to orchestrate an attack on the heels of the Clinton administration.

The book, I expect, will reveal the face-saving lies we were told and the reality of the crass manipulation of Amercian emotion and nationalism, but not a "smoking gun."

It will not be fantasy. It will tell the truth, not a fairy tale.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Tell you what, I am going to Amazon for a b-day gift for my ex. If the book is there and not too expensive, I'll get it and share it with you.

Fair?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Sounds like a plan! If I find it first I will be present to post excerpts and/or something (Assuming that it is in accordance with the T&C, more reading--yay!)

Anyways, my 9/11 interest was at an all time low (I never much cared either way in the first place.) But I have noticed a slight increase in 'whistleblowers', and I always smelled something fishy with what went on that day.

With all that said, it should make for an interesting read. And remember kids, knowledge is power!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Well I have a feeling that certain elements of government did just that. And why not? If government has no problem killing 1 million Iraqi's in a war against this sovereign country based on lies, resulting in 4500 American dead soldiers. All for profit. And dominate the world before China and or Russia would do so.

Although I can't imagine the feeling standing at ground zero while the towers imploded to dust. I did wonder how so many people in the west could be so emotional and angry about that event. But when CNN had their live broadcast of the Iraq war, we watched the shock and awe on the comfort of our sofas eating popcorn and drinking coca cola.

Guess most of us can't believe in such bad things perpetrated by our own governments. In reality for the sick elements in power this was just collateral damage and perhaps cuddled themselves with the notice it was all for the greater good.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Stranded]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As shocking as this sounds, it sounds to me like he's pumping his book before it hits the shelves.

What better way to get book sales then to have reviews that call it shocking!!!

I think that the most shocking thing this book will contain will be that it just edges around the official story without really changing any of the details.

I expect it will be greeted with yawns by most people.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stranded

If Bush knew that Iraq wouldn't be "over" in a week or two, or that it would kill thousands of Americans and dozens of times more Iraqis, he would never have had the balls to pull the trigger.

He was our governor and was definitely risk aversive. He thought this would be like his daddy's war, quick and painless to civilians and American troops. He's very dim, but not evil.

jw

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Originally posted by Wildbob77

As shocking as this sounds, it sounds to me like he's pumping his book before it hits the shelves.

All authors pump their books, as do their publishers and distributors.

He will tell us how dumb we were and ineffectual, but not much more, IMO.

We probably could've stopped some damage and missed some opportunities for pre-emption. There won't be anything earthshattering.

jw

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
These books might get lost in transit.
Conspiracy books tend to get lost at the distributor as well.
Its a way for the Illuminati to remain hidden.

The government taking a hit on the Norad air defense issue might
not be bad at all.
We just do not know what the book says as the internet through
the years has said Cheney was in charge of Norad that day in
particular and have tried to cast an evil web on our illustrious
Vice President.

There will be no turn coat in the Illuminati and we shall continue
to be distracted by rhetoric of lack of cash instead of solving
our problems of capital growth. The bad thing about capital
growth is that someones capital gets pushed asunder as another
one grows.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Yeah he sure sounds like that. Don't know about him not being evil. Guess its best not to beat a puppet and rather look who is behind him.

And my reaction is just my feeling. As so many others I don't know the real story. I'd rather not want to believe this could have been the work or lack of work by the government. Thats more scary as a few desperate terrorists attacking.

Would not surprise me if the book doesn't contains any facts that I have not heard before in speculations. Or tries to downplay what really happened once more. Our world has changed thats for sure.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join