It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

My problem with your logic is that the state of Texas has done more to widdle away your rights than has this present administration. Texas has always been more than happy to bow to the demands of the federal government when it comes to receiving federal dollars. Texas is picking the pockets of it's citizens in order that you have the right to drive. Your roads down there don't even belong to you any longer.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Witness2008]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by booky

The problem is that Texas is the only State that can secede legally. Texas could leave the Union tomorrow if it so wished, and there isn't a whole lot the U.S could do about it. As far as I know, other States do not really have that option.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

there is a lot that the u.s. can do about it. a lot more than what is willing to be done. if you read my previous post you will read some of what can and will happen. so, the idea that they can does not mean that they should. i do believe it would not be in their best interest to do so.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

I'm going to go with your #2 choice. Bush put the foundation down that would allow Texas to grow in the direction of a police state that uses it's citizenry as commodities.

All the hoopla about illegals and Obamas policy is a joke. Texans love their cheap often times slave labor.

The prison system down there should tell you where that state is headed....fascist all the way while waving their beloved Texas flag over it all.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

My problem with your logic is that the state of Texas has done more to widdle away your rights than has this present administration. Texas has always been more than happy to bow to the demands of the federal government when it comes to receiving federal dollars. Texas is picking the pockets of it's citizens in order that you have the right to drive. Your roads down their don't even belong to you any longer.

Again, apparently you have not traveled enough to know that a lot of states have toll roads.

Texas picking our pockets??? Are you kidding? Have you ever received a paycheck from California or NY?

Aside from toll roads what do you have back up your opinion that Texas has taken away our rights and 'picking our pockets'?

What specifically are you referring to?

We have no state income taxes. We are one of ten states where it is illegal for the state to go into a deficit. We have plenty of corporate tax breaks to encourage business. We have some of the cheapest cost of living in the entire country. We have plenty of business and natural resources, not that we are not affected by the recession, but we are fairing much better than most.

As far as 2A rights we are in the top 2 in the country according to numerous surveys.

Not to mention we have people here who know and understand the constitution.

Of all the problems we face and the only thing you can find to complain about is toll roads? Really?????

So fine let's, talk Toll Roads...
Out of ALL of the major highways and freeways in Houston we have 3 toll roads I know of and each one of them have a major highway / freeway that will take you to the same place with out a toll as an alternative.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
hey there are toll roads in Dallas, Austin, and like you said houston but there are more than 3 down there. ( Im pretty sure but its been awhile)

texas as its own republic... YIKES!!!!

I hope that texas wont be round up and put into happy camps when they declare war with the mexican drug cartel because they are taking away business from the US market.

haha im sorry this is just ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FadeToBlack

This is all a dog and pony show to get the people to rally behind Perry. Perry is the pied-piper and will lead the Texas masses who care about freedom and the Constitution down the road to the meat grinder, only to be plucked out of the mess by his NWO buddies before the switch is flipped on.

Perry also needs to gain as much support as possible so he can get the Trans-Texas Corridor built.

Independent Texans are universally opposed to Gov. Rick Perry's plans to put the massive 4,000 mile, 1,200 foot wide toll road network and utility corridor through the heart of Texas . . .

This super-highway will be an essential link in the infrastructure of the new NAU.

[Perry has also vetoed] eminent domain reform designed to protect private property rights and to stop the taking of over 1 million acres of prime farm and ranchland -- for the Trans-Texas Corridor -- the largest land seizure in United States history.

Hmmm . . . Government seizing privately owned land to build the NAFTA superhighway through your back yard. It sounds like Texas is acting a bit like the Federal Government they are bad mouthing in this case.

Individual rights and property rights are at the core of the beliefs of our Founding Fathers and Framers of the U.S. Constitution. Perry is attacking those rights head on for the Fed while pretending to be apposed.

A wolf in sheep’s clothing, not to be trusted in my opinion.

On a side note, did you know that Texas has the 47th WORST voter turn out of the 50 states? Way to rally against the Feds, Texas!!

ImpeachPerry.com

CorridorWatch.org

Trans Texas Corridor

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Perry is an unapologetic NWO shill...

I have opposed politically all my life - he is and always will be a Snake in the Grass!

You can be GURANTEED that this has been designed to have as little ability to oppose the Fed as possible - pure posturing for posturing's sake.

That being said - i think no one can reasonably deny the message that he delivered.

Unfortunately the EXTREMELY Unconstitutional War on Drugs turned Texas into a full fleged Police State years ago...

Sure there's a few enclaves of "freedom" here and there - parts of Austin, and a few of the outlying small town communities - but even foreign visiters quickly catch on that you are consatntly under the thumb of excessive policing that funds itself on relatively innocuous drug use and distribution.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

BREAKING NOW ON DRUDGEREPORT.COM

TEXAS GOVERNER ALLUDING TO POSSIBILITY OF SECCESSION FROM THE

UNITED STATES....

---> WAS JOHN TITOR RIGHT ABOUT CIVIL WAR, JUST WRONG ABOUT THE DATES???

blogs.chron.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

BREAKING NOW ON DRUDGEREPORT.COM

TEXAS GOVERNER ALLUDING TO POSSIBILITY OF SECCESSION FROM THE

UNITED STATES....

---> WAS JOHN TITOR RIGHT ABOUT CIVIL WAR, JUST WRONG ABOUT THE DATES???

blogs.chron.com...

Dude... John Titor is a joke, why bring him up?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

Thank you for bringing up the Gardisil fiasco. I (like most other Texans) were ready to go toe to toe with the state over this.

Our legistlatures ear's must have been burning!

This guy is up to something (presidential run-god help us).

Governor "good hair" is the last one I would call constitutionalist. This is not to mention the nancy boy was a cheerleader for christ sake!

Watch this snake. I am voting for "Kinky" Friedman our "Cowboy Jew Boy"!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I live in Texas and have followed Perry for years... since he was the ag commission (he was a democrat then.) This is NEVER going to happen, and the reasons are numerous:

1) Perry is controlled by big business. His handlers will never let that happen.
2) Perry isn't likely to survive the March primary again Kay Bailey -- which is the only reason his handlers are letting him make these statements-- The farfetched hope that the lessor minded might actually believe Perry and thus be convinced to vote for him.
3) He'd have to get it through the legislature by the summer... which isn't likely to happen. The legislature is way behind on its agenda. It won't consider this trivality -- if they want to be re-elected. Perry could call a special session, but he'd do so at the risk of alienating his own party.
4) Succession requires a public vote. Perry will be long gone and working for a lobbying firm by the time it could be put on the ballot.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by DisgustedOne

I'm going to go with your #2 choice. Bush put the foundation down that would allow Texas to grow in the direction of a police state that uses it's citizenry as commodities.

All the hoopla about illegals and Obamas policy is a joke. Texans love their cheap often times slave labor.

The prison system down there should tell you where that state is headed....fascist all the way while waving their beloved Texas flag over it all.

Not sure where you are coming from with reference to the Texas prison system.... care to elaborate?

It might interest you to know that the uniforms worn by employees of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice are decorated with a United States flag rather than a Texas state flag.

The only reason I can see for this is because the TDCJ came under federal control after the David Ruiz lawsuit. Control has been ceded back to the state but is still regulated by American Correctional Association.

So one way or another it is still under the influence of the federal government.

If not, then why do they wear American flag rather than Texas flag?

The American Correctional Association is the largest corrections association in the world. Founded in 1870, as the National Prison Association, this organization of prison professionals had a prison-reform orientation. More recently, the organization evolved into -- in practice if probably not by design -- a faciliator of prison expansion.

The life of a Texas prisoner is far from slavery or forced labor. In fact, inmates have a choice wether to work or not. It's more like a combination of high school and staying at a holiday inn without the swimming pool.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Texas has been trying to decentralize the power away from D.C. to the South. They have always been sore for losing the civil war and don't believe in equality in any sense of the word. The southern babtist convention then christian coalition are the driving forces behind the movement. Texas would also like to keep the revenue from oil reserves and not have to share with the country proceeds taken in from American soil. How can Texas have it two ways. They won in Alamo but lost in the civil war. I think we should let the southern confederacy cede from the Union then give them no protection when Mexico comes knocking on their door. In matter of fact I belief there would be decendents of slaves and exploited minorities in the south that would assist in destabilizing a confederate south. The confederacy would be like an indignant Israel in the middle of religiously intolerant muslims. Good luck. It would be the bigots against the world.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
it's funny to hear TX wants to go away. well i guess the feds need to build the border fence all around TX to avoid the illegal texans from entering the US. oh and good luck with the drug cartels who will probably make the law in a couple of years after the secession. what else... hmm oh yeah let's see how fun it's going to be to fight the next big hurricane/tornado hitting TX - without the help of the feds (oooh the evil FEMA). yeah because after all global warming/climate change is just a myth. yep Katrina & Rita were invented by evil Al gore & those liberals to frighten the rest of the US into accepting the carbon tax/cap & trade! yep, New Orleans is still there, it's just the mainstream media lying to us that it's been destroyed.

buh bye TX, we probably won't miss you
i hope Fox News moves it's headquarters there. i'm sure they will be tax exempt since they are after all a legitimate religious evangelical organization

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grandpapacherry

Texas is mostly Mexican already so we aren't concerned with that. As for drug cartels we would have dealt with and solved that problem already if not for federal interference.

Look at the way you are speaking about Texans.... and you call us bigots?

I say that is the pot calling the kettle black!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I am not surprised Governor Pretty Boy is trying to co-opt this movement he clearly is worried about his chances of beating Hutchison so he's posturing counting on the naive who believe he is on our side.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Did you hear what Gov. Rick said in Austin? I was in S.A. and part of the Austin Town Hall meeting was broadcast by KUT there:

He acknowledged that right now the Union is still ok. But if things go downhill, well then, Texas may reconsider its position!

Hate to say "I told you so."

I told you so.

deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Originally posted by DarkSecret

well i guess the feds need to build the border fence all around TX to avoid the illegal texans from entering the US.

If we secede, no Texan will want to vist the Bankrupt States of America. The fence will be good to keep the idiot Yankees out, though!

oh and good luck with the drug cartels

We already supply most of their weapons, and Mexico is our largest trading partner. Our tariffs on your prdoducts will further enrich us.

see how fun it's going to be to fight the next big hurricane/tornado hitting TX - without the help of the feds

Either you don't know or have forgotten that TEXAS provided the most aid to La. after the hurricanes and we survived our own Cat 5 just fine. In fact, we can't get thousands of former N.O. residents to leave San Antonio and Houston! When San Andreas, New Madrid and Yosemite go, we'll miss your sad, sorry faces, but we'll have a "North" coast, too!

global warming/climate change is just a myth. yep Katrina & Rita were invented by evil Al gore & those liberals to frighten the rest of the US into accepting the carbon tax/cap & trade!

I've got to give you that one. Enjoy paying MORE than Europe for gasoline, heating oil and electricity with cap and trade and our OPEC-embarassing embargo on oil and gas exports to the BSofA.(We have the largest reserves of the sweetest crude and natural gas in the continental U.S. Think Sarah Palin's gonna feel sorry for New York and what's left of California?

New Orleans is still there, it's just the mainstream media lying to us that it's been destroyed.

When was the last time you were there? Aside from the French Quarter, the place is a dump! (I go each May for the Jazz and Heritage Festival at the track, look me up next month in the disaster zones people still can't live or build in). The police and D.A. still can't get things right. The courts and jail are so behind it's criminal(pun intended)!

TX, we probably won't miss you

And stay out!

As for "religious organizations," we have the Osteens thriving (largest in the world) legitimate Church (used to be a sports arena). Did you know that every donated dime goes into the Church (audited annually)?!
They make thier living from books and speaking fees.

You keep Falwell, Swaggert and Haggard. We don't go to circuses much down here, we got rodeos.

Deny ignorance!

jw

[edit on 15-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Originally posted by grandpapacherry

Texas has been trying to decentralize the power away from D.C. to the South. They have always been sore for losing the civil war and don't believe in equality in any sense of the word.

Texas is almost 50% Mexican-American! We invented equality. Mexicans are our FRIENDS.

The southern babtist convention then christian coalition are the driving forces behind the movement.

Those are East Coast and Middle-South inventions. Although Waco is the Baptist Capital of the world, these are God-fearing, law-abiding people. They are 100% apolitical. I'm certain Barack's pastors will find room for you in theri racist churches.

Texas would also like to keep the revenue from oil reserves and not have to share with the country proceeds taken in from American soil.

It's in the Republic of Texas, not the Bankrupt States of America. We'll embargo you to hell. I'm certain Sarah Palin would love to help out N.Y., N.J. and what's left of California. Just go up there and demand your share.

I think we should let the southern confederacy cede from the Union then give them no protection when Mexico comes knocking on their door.

Mexicans are our FRIENDS! Most of the cartels' guns come from us. We trade with Mexico 365 days a year. I've been in the Mexican Consulate on St. Mary's Street in San Antonio, and the Spanish Governor's Palace (which is one of our most cherished party venues).

In matter of fact I belief there would be decendents of slaves and exploited minorities in the south that would assist in destabilizing a confederate south.

Black and Mexican populations in the South have been treated better than the North ever did! Northern Carpetbaggers took advantage, not Southern natives. They will not miss your second-class treatment of them. How many Mexicans do you hang out with? I married one!

It would be the bigots against the world.

I think that pretty much describes the WASP North to a "T."

Again, how many Blacks and Mexicans have eaten at your table? My best friend in Law School was/is Black. I slept over at his house many times, and he at mine. I am not an exception. The former Supt. of Dallas schools is Black. Look and see where he went when he left. (Hint, a Texan made hime U.S. Sec. of Education)

Some of my best friends were named Cadena, Garcia, Rodarte, and Chapa. My mother's mother was from Mexico. Not an exception; the rule in South and Central Texas. Most of our judges, and our reps. in Congress, are Hispanic.

We will miss Northern ignorance of history and facts, and intolerance not one bit.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join