It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Texas not going to succeed from the Union, it is all ear candy from the NWO posterboy Perry.

In fact Texas will have a big roll to play in the new Union. The North American Union.

Can't have world domination without superhighways, nope, that wouldn't be right.

ImpeachPerry.com

CorridorWatch.org

Trans Texas Corridor

read and learn, Grasshopper

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
Although Waco is the Baptist Capital of the world, these are God-fearing, law-abiding people. They are 100% apolitical.

Damn, jdub297, you almost had me convinced that you knew what you were talkin about there for a minute.

Being raised by God-fearin, law-abidin Baptist on those wind blown, cotton farmin plains outside of Lubbock; For you to say that Baptist are 100% apolitical is just plain dumb. Oh, sure the official doctrine is that "no politikin from the pulpit" but every Baptist church Ive ever been in, the congregation leans so far right they have a tendency to walk around in circles. Everything you say from here on out, to me will be just pure dee ole BS.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and DENY IGNORANCE.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by grandpapacherry

If Mexico came "knocking on our door" (as you implied in your previous post), AFTER it left the union, if it comes to that, then Texans would be Free to Patrol the border as They see fit and set up a reasonable worker program where everyone is accounted for and 'working' legally with respect to IT's laws.

Sounds good to me.

The main purpose of the Federal Govt. from inception, according to the 'people' was for defense. United We Stand. An oppressive Federal Govt. owned and controlled by the International Bankster cabal/Illuminati carpool has no place in Texas; it never did. The people have been suffering from illusions curtesy of the mass media.

Texans are finally waking up thanks to the online 'experience'. They're beginning to see a bunch of weasels running off with their rights. They demand them back. They have every right to. The Federal Govt. is to answer to the States as per Constitution without a Big Brother picking their pockets for .......well do we even know where the bailout money went?

They've still never answered those questions.
How do they sleep at night with all the guilt, fear and anxiety?
They're game is up.
The curtains been lifted.
They stand as an emperor with no clothes.
Standing at the foot of the masses.
Feeling foolish I might add.
They still have a choice.
The C (Independent) States Rights option.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

"Leanin' right" is not a party, it is an ideology. I'm far right but think Republicans are hypocritters. I ALWAYS "vote the man" (or woman,lately) and not the ticket.

I value family, opportunity and freedom from "guvment innerference" (as Ann Richards and the Mooly Ivins would say), but that DOES NOT make me Republican. One of my best friends from S.A. is the Dem. Rep. of Dist. 20, Charlie Gonzalez with a "z".

I was a personal friend of Ann's, disagreed with her deeply on lots of things, but respected her compassion for people of all persuasions (Texans and not-Texans, there's omly two kinds), and her love of Texas.

Mooly Ivins and Jim Hightower are two of the most insightful journalists I ever knew, but again, we had our disagreements.

A Panhandler such as yourself should know that Texans may "lean" different ways, but they are BEHOLDEN TO NO ONE!

Either you weren't thinking clearly, or you are a transplant. I can forgive the former (I've been known to not think too clearly on occasion), but the latter is a mortal sin.

Most Texans I know have ALWAYS "split the ticket," voting for the person instead of the party!

If you're a"lever puller," that is a sure sign of no free will.

I'd really like to hear you explain yourself out of this one, because at this point all the evidence indicates that YOU don't know anything about Texas and are in fact, a Northerner in boots. Your bluff has been called. Show your hand.

I'll bet you don't even know who any of the followingare/were:

The Flatlanders
Joe Ely
Ray Wiley Hubbard
Buddy Holly.

(That last one was a freebie, Yankee.)

Go away and sin no more, and

Deny Ignorance!

[edit to embellish]

jw

[edit on 16-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO
Texas not going to succeed from the Union, it is all ear candy from the NWO posterboy Perry.

In fact Texas will have a big roll to play in the new Union. The North American Union.

After watching the video, I think you are right. This Governor is not trying to get the people fired up, it looks as if he is trying to act that way, but I can see he is scared inside. Also, at the end of the clip, he mumbles something about how it will take a lot of discussion and so on --no solutions, just rabble-rousing. I think Texans are smarter than this Gov. I don't buy what he's selling here.

Also, to the poster who mentioned Texas versus Mexico, I was joking earlier when I raised that specter because I think Texas would defend itself quite well against Mexico, and the Native Americans would probably help them. There is a natural historical ideological border between the panhandle/Comancheria and Aztlan south of there. These were bitter enemies and so in a breakdown scenario I imagine Texas would be fine. A rifle behind every bush and plenty of ammo being passed around.

I for one believe that Texas if it had to become that Israel-type savior country, has the arms to do it. Also the gulf would mean plenty of smuggled arms including artillery. Kinda just like Israel. Also the gameplan works because all the illegals could be "bottled up like roaches" as is the stated goal of Gaza operations since the 50's. Yep, Texas and Israel are both very strong.

noahide.org

It was Texas archaeologist Vendyl Jones who introduced Jim Long to the Seven Laws. The two met in 1993 when Jones appeared on the Dallas radio show that Long produced. A former Baptist preacher, Jones had grown dismayed with what he considered the anti-Jewish sentiments of the Gospels and sought council from rabbis, studied in Israel and became a Noahide. He is believed to have been the inspiration for the character Indiana Jones in the film Raiders of the Lost Ark and is the founder of the Vendyl Jones Research Institute—a nonprofit based in Grandview, Texas, devoted to Biblical archeology. Considered one of the pioneers of the modern Noahide movement, Jones fondly remembers meeting Schneerson in his Brooklyn home and the rabbi’s encouraging words: “‘Vendyl Jones, you are doing the most important work in the world.’”

[edit on 16-4-2009 by smallpeeps]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Originally posted by Perseus Apex

Texans are finally waking up thanks to the online 'experience'. They're beginning to see a bunch of weasels running off with their rights. They demand them back. They have every right to. The Federal Govt. is to answer to the States as per Constitution without a Big Brother picking their pockets for .......well do we even know where the bailout money went?

Have you ever hit the nail on the head! s4u.

There are two basic truths apparent in this thread:

Only Texans understand Texas.
People not from Texas think they know Texas, and that their ways of thinking apply here.
(or is that three?)

I'll bet a hunnert dollars Yankees don't know that the "Don't Mess With Texas" slogan din't originally use the word "Mess." It was a little more di-rect.

As for our dealings on the Border, you are right there as well. We've had "guest workers" since we were guest workers! And for the most part, if the Feds stayed out of it, we'd be able to handle the borders and illegals on our own.

The main reason we states created the federal government and they still can't do it right!

How much longer should we wait? I think it's been about long enough.
Gutting the defense budget, using "diplomats" for border control, and "spreading the wealth" are NOT what we created the U.S. government for.

Kudos to you and your succinct insight.

jw

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
im not sure who posted the article on the russian prof but i found it really
intresting when i went to read more on it.

online.wsj.com...

what i find even more intresting is that the media and everyone else screamed
conspiracy theorist when you said anything about nwo or this supposed agenda.
but if you listen to the news lately, there all screaming it now. its so openly discussed now and everyone seems fine with it.

but to be honest in the end they will get what they want. they will poke in places n piss off people and make them resort to one thing people always resort to, violence. they will make it obvious who they are and what there doing and in return we will attack everything and everyone. it seems like everything that was talked about long ago is actually happening. i wouldnt be shocked if that russian professor is actually right about his last prediction, makes alot of sense.

it's actually almost laughable at how everyone is sitting back allowing all these laws and things get pushed through and few days later forget it even happend. years and years of conditioning waiting n watching the played all this out perfectly and now its execution time. its very sad that weve learned nothing from history... nothing from our own experiences. im sorry im just ranting on now, its just sad to see this all unfold exactly how they wanted it.
by the way the world is now, the things happening, its clear its all intentional because honestly how the f*** do we get to this point? #'s a joke, enough with the conspiracy theory bs it's in your face.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Either you weren't thinking clearly, or you are a transplant. I can forgive the former (I've been known to not think too clearly on occasion), but the latter is a mortal sin.

Well, Mr. "All hat, no Cattle" thanks for giving me the opportunity to brag on my place between New Deal and Idalou. 180ac. in cotton and onions, and a couple of oil leases, that has been in my family probably since before you were born, Squirt.
Leased to a farmer and his sons for the last 25 years while I'm livin large here in northern New Mexico; But as they say, "you can take the boy out of Texas, but you can't take Texas out of the Boy!"

I'd really like to hear you explain yourself out of this one, because at this point all the evidence indicates that YOU don't know anything about Texas and are in fact, a Northerner in boots. Your bluff has been called. Show your hand.

I'll bet you don't even know who any of the followingare/were:

The Flatlanders
Joe Ely
Ray Wiley Hubbard
Buddy Holly.

I never knew Joe when he was in Lubbock as he went to Lubbock high and I went to Monterey. However I do see Joe and Ray Wiley Hubbard occasionally here in NM and they are gracious enough to let me sit in on occasion. You can catch me and my group every once in awhile at SXSW or on 6th, and some of the other festivals. Thanks for the opportunity for a shameless plug. www.soundclick.com...

And to borrow a word from "Don't **** with Texas" and jdub I really don't give a **** what you think about me.

Topic......Perry is a pretty boy playin you and all Texans for a fool!!

[edit on 16-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Topic: I never said I endorsed Perry for anything. (I'm not sure about Hutchison, either. We may go demmycrat again!)

I do endorse States Rights, and give him credit for being the first governor in the nation to actually say it on paper to the yankees in D.C.

The other point in my reply was that Texans vote the man (or woman), not the party. Even Baptists. (I'm not Baptist. Cain't abide some of those rules.)

Lever-pullin' is a Yankee infection; it didn't used to be that way before we let so many of them in. Big mistake. Both of 'em.

I was at the very first SXSW, and many since; went to school in Austin (spent a lot of time on a houseboat in Travis), so maybe I've seen you and didn't know it! s4u just for hangin' with Joe and Ray!

Now admit you missed your call on me.

Must be that New Mexico air (I honeymooned in Al-b, S-F and Taos) has clouded your thinkin'.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

well i guess the feds need to build the border fence all around TX to avoid the illegal texans from entering the US.

If we secede, no Texan will want to vist the Bankrupt States of America. The fence will be good to keep the idiot Yankees out, though!

oh and good luck with the drug cartels

We already supply most of their weapons, and Mexico is our largest trading partner. Our tariffs on your prdoducts will further enrich us.

see how fun it's going to be to fight the next big hurricane/tornado hitting TX - without the help of the feds

Either you don't know or have forgotten that TEXAS provided the most aid to La. after the hurricanes and we survived our own Cat 5 just fine. In fact, we can't get thousands of former N.O. residents to leave San Antonio and Houston! When San Andreas, New Madrid and Yosemite go, we'll miss your sad, sorry faces, but we'll have a "North" coast, too!

global warming/climate change is just a myth. yep Katrina & Rita were invented by evil Al gore & those liberals to frighten the rest of the US into accepting the carbon tax/cap & trade!

I've got to give you that one. Enjoy paying MORE than Europe for gasoline, heating oil and electricity with cap and trade and our OPEC-embarassing embargo on oil and gas exports to the BSofA.(We have the largest reserves of the sweetest crude and natural gas in the continental U.S. Think Sarah Palin's gonna feel sorry for New York and what's left of California?

New Orleans is still there, it's just the mainstream media lying to us that it's been destroyed.

When was the last time you were there? Aside from the French Quarter, the place is a dump! (I go each May for the Jazz and Heritage Festival at the track, look me up next month in the disaster zones people still can't live or build in). The police and D.A. still can't get things right. The courts and jail are so behind it's criminal(pun intended)!

TX, we probably won't miss you

And stay out!

wow talk about someone who cant tell the difference between a sarcastic joke and a personal attack! trust me i'll stay out of TX, if all texans are like you i wouldnt want to get shot because of my sarcastic way of spicing up conversations

although i think it would be funny to see TX really secede and the feds saying "OK bye". companies will still do business with the US. oil is even now traded on the international market, so a US company wont sell the US cheap oil, it's priced the same as if it's bought from iran. so nothing will change for the US but lots will change for texans, things that you cant even think of now because you take them from granted.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

Topic:

The Governor of the State of Texas has gone on record demanding adherence to state sovereignty as originally intended in the Constitution of the United States.

Any problem with that?

A good example of "sarcasm" is: "I'm so afraid!" Stating the opposite of an intended meaning.

Frustrated people often verbalize thier true feelings then attempt to qualify or distance them: "Just kidding."

The State of Texas, through its governor, has advanced the proposition in writing that the Federal government has far overstepped its bounds and is trampling on "States Rights" as embodied in the 9th and 10th amendments to the U.S. Constitution.

FYI: Texas has incorporated the right of secession and division into 4 States explicitly in its Constitution.

Your statements are neither sarcastic nor ironic. They are critical. Can you not accept criticism? Or, the invalidation of your own?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Topic: I never said I endorsed Perry for anything. (I'm not sure about Hutchison, either. We may go demmycrat again!)

I hope you are joking - if Hutchison gets elected Gov. Molly Ivins will rise up and murder you all!

(and I'll give an assist!)

Hutchinson is the epitome of NWO suck-up taht even puts the likes of Bought and Paid for Perry to shame!

How come Texas can only have one decent Gov. every century?

(and yes - that was Ann - despite her faults)

When I come back to Texas I will remake it in MY IMAGE!

(basically every city will be Austin and Dallas will be used only to dump highly dangerous long-lasting radioactive waste)

Until then - plz stop giving every Corporate Shill and Suck Up Federalist positions of Authority - will ya'!?!!

Damn!!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

The irony I see in Texas is that they idolize Willie, Williams, Waylon, Kinky quintessential outlaws and then turn around and lately, vote in the Gov. slot some of the biggest, dumbest, fascist yahoos they can.

And this is not an inditment of the GOP as that nutcase C. Wilson was a democrat. I'm suprised he wasn't Govenor material.
en.wikipedia.org...(Texas_politician)

One thing about Texas politics is that it makes for great movie scripts. I'm seriosuly thinking of writing one about Sen. John Cornyn. You just can't make this stuff up. www.pr-inside.com...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthMagnet

I laughed out loud for the first time ever in my life reading a post when I read your first lines.

I really believe there's a good chance that a Dem. can do it. I'm conservative but can't see a "pretty boy" and a shill doin' Texas justice. (I was channeling Ann and Molly together there.) Prob'ly Hispanic. Molly would be proud!

My only interest in this thread at all is the topic, not the source:
Texas will call its own shots if the Feds don't watch out!

Taking it a step further, Texas should move out if the crazies in D.C. start to cost her her identity.

jw

s4u

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Topic:
It doesn't matter who's Governor so long as the right of the State to detrmine its destiny is preserved. Yanks have no right to interfere.

Your post:
I know John, and that would be one BORING story. Try for something a little more exciting. You wouldn't have to make stuff up, it's already too real.

Think, "South Texas." Austin would be too easy and the Piney Woods just too incredibly mean. Flatland isn't bad, though.

jw
(Ever heard of Aspermount, in "the Free State of Stonewall?")

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The one thing about Texans is that they are for anyone who is from Texas ..
I would be willing to bet that if Obama was from Texas the Texans would be hip hip horraying like they did Bush no matter what he said did or does in the future ........
Perry is a Texan ...I can see all Texans rallying around him no matter if he were to run for President against Obama in the next election .

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

If Obama were from Texas, he would never have been elected dog catcher. It takes Yankees to ignore character flaws, false logic, and underhanded ideology to elect "one of their own."

In Texas, a liar and a scoundrel gets run out of town.

You can dumb yourself into office, but you must be honestly dumb. Lie to me once, you're done. It's like, "the lesser of two weevils."

Really simple.

jw

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I can see all Texans rallying around him no matter if he were to run for President against Obama in the next election .

Not all Texans were for Bush. Hell, many in my family cursed him as a daily routine. Likewise, not all people like PERRY. I wouldn't vote for him period.

He is an opportunist and is only looking for his next golden ticket.

Can't wait for him to lose.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Governor Rick Perry can pretend all he wants to, but he is a shill for one World Government and the North American Union, he could care less about Texas' sovereignty or the rights of the citizens of Texas.

The only way Perry actually supports this, is, if Texas, as its own country, can get a better deal when they sign into the North American Union. Why else has he spent almost his entire time as Governor of Texas ramming the Trans-Texas Corridor down the throats of the people of Texas?

Trans-Texas Corridor
Perry has been the lead proponent of the Trans-Texas Corridor, a $145+ billion-dollar project that would encompass multi-lane highways, rail and utilities, speeding the movement of people, products and power across the state. Rather than place constrictive tax burdens on businesses and citizens, the project was proposed to be partially financed, partially built and wholly operated by private contractors who, in exchange for a multi-billion dollar investment, will receive all toll proceeds, notably Cintra, a Spanish-owned company, and its minority partner, San Antonio-based Zachry Construction Corporation, one of Texas' largest road construction companies.[30] Some of the more controversial aspects of the project include tolls, private operation of toll collections (at rates set by local municipalities), and extensive use of eminent domain (or the option for landowners to maintain a lucrative equity stake in the project) to acquire property.
Perry has come under fire for opposing the public release of the actual terms of the 50-year deal with Cintra to the public for fear they would chill the possibility of the company's investment; Perry's former liaison to the legislature and expert in public-private partnership, former State Senator Dan Shelly, returned to his consulting/lobbying work with Cintra after securing the TTC deal while on the state payroll. All of Perry's gubernatorial opponents opposed the corridor project. The 2006 state party platforms of both the Democratic and Republicans parties also opposed the current corridor legislation.[31][32] In August, 2008, Perry co-signed a letter indicating his interest in exploring a variety of approaches to meeting the state's transportation infrastructure needs.
In 2001, Perry appointed Ric Williamson of Weatherford, an old friend, former legislative colleague and innovator, to the Texas Transportation Commission. Williamson became the commission chairman in 2004 and worked for TTC until his sudden death of a heart attack on December 30, 2007.

What has he done for the people of Texas that warrants his re-election, let alone warrants listening to anything this traitor has to say about 'sovereignty'.

I say, go ahead, let Texas secede. Let Chuck Norris and Rick Perry pat each other on the back as the citizens starve and war each other to death.

I would love to watch that on FauxNews...
DocMoreau

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

If Obama were from Texas, he would never have been elected dog catcher. It takes Yankees to ignore character flaws, false logic, and underhanded ideology to elect "one of their own."

In Texas, a liar and a scoundrel gets run out of town.

Right.....but why for the life of me why did the namesCarol Strayhorn, Phil Gramm, Tom Delay, Pete Sessions and Florence Shapiro spring into my consciousness?

Hey jdub, we grow cotton not turnups. Hangin out down on Westheimer got your thinkin all catty whompus. See below....
www.rasmussenreports.com...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by whaaa]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join