It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret DHS Doc Predicts Violence in Response to New Gun Restrictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Secret DHS Doc Predicts Violence in Response to New Gun Restrictions

www.infowars.com

In the wake of the MIAC report and the Virginia Terrorism Threat Assessment, another document issued by the Department of Homeland Security “for official use only” covering so-called “rightwing extremism” has surfaced. The document warns federal and local officials to expect “terrorism” in response to planned firearm restrictions and other points covered below.

Download PDF

Alex Jones called the numbers listed on the document and validated its authenticity. He contacted the “watch captain” at the Department of Homeland Security’s National Infrastructure Coordinating Center who confirmed the product number on the document as legitimate but would not comment further. A call to the FBI went unanswered.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
When strangers (any domestic & foreign entities) come for peoples' guns, they're also coming to take away plenty of freedoms, which every man, woman, and child deserve to keep. We shall not allow those tyrants to enslave us.

They're trying hard to make us submit to them. If we don't try to keep our freedom, we don't deserve it.

We're not (and never will be) another man's property. We must keep our guns & keep our freedom for this generation & the generation to come!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm sure you will all get plenty of oppurtunity to submit restricted firearms and be properly reimbursed for them.

They police won't go door to door raiding home after home for guns.
They will know where restricted registered weapons are, or should be and notices will be sent.

Its the unregistered illegitimate weapons that can be handed in with amnesty. Extremely strict laws will come into place for those found to be in posession of illegitimate weapons.

Just give up the guns already. The only excuse i've ever heard from Americans citizens regarding their firearms is, "i need to protect myself and my family."
the excuse is poor. because everyone has a gun, everyone else has a need for a gun. if everyone gives up the gun, nobody needs a gun.

30,000 people a year. it is disgusting. you all cry when 5000 die in iraq for no good reason! justify that.

Australia has half the population, less than half the crime and 100 times less gun related deaths. Learn something from your little brother.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

When strangers (any domestic & foreign entities) come for peoples' guns, they're also coming to take away plenty of freedoms, which every man, woman, and child deserve to keep.

that's half the problem. children do not need the freedom of guns. i hope your just implying that to attract a positive reaction from your yosemiti sam type audience.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Not gonna work little brother. I've seen plenty of threads here that show the death rates, gun crime rates, and other such research disproving what you've stated here. Show me figures, and cite your resources before making claims.

Not saying you are incorrect, but you need to prove it.

Lastly, I like my guns. I'm not Rambo the homeowner, but I have a right to them and I do not feel I should give up ANY right.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
Australia has half the population, less than half the crime and 100 times less gun related deaths. Learn something from your little brother.

Need to get your facts straight Skippy. The US has fifteen times the population of Australia. And you can't compare countries on a crime per capita basis, because when you multiply the population by fifteen, the social stresses become exponential. Put an EXTRA 300 million people in Australia and let me know how your statistics look then.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
I'm sure you will all get plenty of oppurtunity to submit restricted firearms and be properly reimbursed for them.

They police won't go door to door raiding home after home for guns.
They will know where restricted registered weapons are, or should be and notices will be sent.

Its the unregistered illegitimate weapons that can be handed in with amnesty. Extremely strict laws will come into place for those found to be in posession of illegitimate weapons.

Just give up the guns already. The only excuse i've ever heard from Americans citizens regarding their firearms is, "i need to protect myself and my family."
the excuse is poor. because everyone has a gun, everyone else has a need for a gun. if everyone gives up the gun, nobody needs a gun.

30,000 people a year. it is disgusting. you all cry when 5000 die in iraq for no good reason! justify that.

as usual in any country, the loudest and most extreme get the most attention. it is sad that you aussies associate all americans with these right-wing gun nuts. believe me, the majority of ordinary americans are caring, reasonable, people just trying to live a decent life with our own families and friends. it is indeed embarrassing and disheartning to the majority of americans, that the world only sees the worst of what america projects, rather than the life we actually live.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
well suicide is the greatest cause of gun related death. you guys sure like taking the easy way out.

Gun violence in the United States

The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[7] with firearms used in 16,907 suicides in the United States during 2004.

but this is the part that counts

In metropolitan areas, the homicide rate in 2005 was 6.1 per 100,000

U.S. cities with populations greater than 250,000, the mean homicide rate was 12.1 per 100,000

are you in this age group?

The 20- through 24-year-old age group accounted for 7.1% of the population,[31] while accounting for 22.5% of those killed by firearm homicides.

self defense is a poor excuse

For violent crimes (assault, robbery, and rape), guns were used 0.83% of the time in self-defense.

and australia.... gun laws changed in 1996. there isn't many report out there regarding Australia's gun related deaths because there just aren't many.

Firearm related violence in Australia

Of the 480 deaths by firearm in 1995 in Australia, 389 or 81 percent were suicides

this is before the laws changed

In the period 1991-2001 the number of firearm deaths in Australia, including murder, suicide and accidents, dropped by almost 50 per cent.

on guard!

[edit on 14-4-2009 by spearhead]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
understandably your country is bigger than mine. it was meager of me to make such a comparison because your just to big.

the social stresses become exponential

is this some form of justification for everybody to have guns? if social stresses are behind all the gun related crime and its prevelence wouldn't you try and remove the primary ability for the social issues to become fatal.
after all America is all about removing the opponents ability to wage war. look at Iraq and their "WMD". thousands were sent to die for that. but when it comes to giving up your guns the issue is deflect to social stress and government oppression.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
And you can't compare countries on a crime per capita basis, because when you multiply the population by fifteen, the social stresses become exponential.

Surely that could be seen as a reason why guns shouldn't be thrown into the mix?

Also, it looks like some bizarre 'vicious circle' to me. A large population with the exponentiated 'social stresses' leading to people feeling they needs guns (often multiple guns) to feel 'safe', which surely only adds to the 'social stresses' and more people wanting guns to feel 'safe'.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Although I feel what you are saying I must admit that I absolutely 100% disagree with you. Sure, your gun related incidents are down but then again, you are counting some pretty obscure numbers. How many large gangs do you have down under? How many ruffians and mobs? People that will get their guns and ammo illegitimately regardless of the laws imposed on the average person.

You see, that's where most of the figures you are posting about come from. It's from the gang bangers and outright robbers. Not from the average person. Sure, you will see the child getting killed. That sucks big time. I hate hearing that. Then you will get the massacre's that come up now and then. It's never easy. But one has to ask one's self. Would all of them have been prevented if there was a law prohibiting guns? Nope. I guarantee that.

Now we move on to the most important part of this statement of yours. You are assuming that EVERYONE will give up their arms. Well, I can also guarantee that two forces will not. The government and the police. Take away a nations arms and they now become a pushover. They humbly do what they are told to do by the people with the power and THINK they are living free lives.

Here is where I would agree with you. If ALL guns were taken away then things may be quite a bit better for humanity. However, you and I both know that is impossible. There will always be the governments that feel that they need to protect their borders so THEY will always be justified in bearing arms.

I hope you are seeing what I am saying here. If one power has all of the power then it is a dictatorship. I'm sorry, but that doesn't work out so well.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Existing News Thread on this topic found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add comment and opinion there.

Closed.

top topics

join