It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama dithered for nearly three days on pirates

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I will point out ( Rummy style ) that what public knows of a presidents knowledge, action and participation represents a very small picture of the truth for better or worse.

Your charge is that Obama did not respond to the situation promptly by waiting on authorizing kill orders for 48 hours... However, you DO NOT have any inkling to the
ACTUAL behavior, communication, CONTINGENCIES and motives in the matter.
OR do you advise the POTUS, crew the Bainbridge or listen to all the frequency chatter
somehow???

There are known, unknowns

Anyhow I think your are filling in many gaps and making your own conclusion based upon your dislike for Obama, his policies and his supporters.

Not the same as strong mastery of the subject at hand IMO.

However you are entitled to your thoughts and feelings -

fair enough

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Originally posted by mental modulator

Your charge is that Obama did not respond to the situation promptly by waiting on authorizing kill orders for 48 hours... However, you DO NOT have any inkling to the ACTUAL behavior, communication, CONTINGENCIES and motives in the matter.
There are known, unknowns

Anyhow I think your are filling in many gaps and making your own conclusion based upon your dislike for Obama, his policies and his supporters.

Or relying on foreign press like The Guardian. guardian.co.uk...

Or on information from military and other SEALs.
"SEAL Report on what really happened:"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you read threads before you post to them, or do you just blurt out whatever crosses your mind, regardless of its veracity?
Do you intentionally post baseless criticism to disparage or just because of a pathology that makes you dissemble?

I'm sure you don't intentionally disparage and mislead, so what IS the reason?

jw

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The man clearly has no guts. He's as confident as hell when it comes to taxing and spending, but on a simple decision to give the local commander a "safeties off" authorization, he must twist for days.

Probably had to take a poll, initiate an impact statement, consult with Pirates Are Us to affirm their strong position, break out and see if the Qur'an addressed the matter, and finally, consulted with Nancy Pelosi, who has bigger balls than he does.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Perhaps the best way for Obama to deal with the Pirates would be to send ACORN after them. Acorn can give them SS#'s and register them to vote. Let ACORN register them into submission to Obama and his powers of being an organizer. All the Pirates need is some love and organization. Ha ha ha ha.

Back to reality. Obama should never let another nation fire on an American vessel(the Navy RIB) without retaliation. What will Obama do when someone fires off a couple of SAM's at some of our aircraft?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by dooper

Probably had to take a poll, initiate an impact statement, consult with Pirates Are Us to affirm their strong position, break out and see if the Qur'an addressed the matter, and finally, consulted with Nancy Pelosi, who has bigger balls than he does.

And then the SEALs go forward without him anyway.

Has he decided yet? I don't see that anything has changed. Ships are still being attacked.

Someone else posted that the Sec. of State was actively pursuing diplomatic resolution, to justify the delay. I've llooked everywhere, but don't see that Clinton ever said a word. Another fairy tale? Or, did I miss her actually leaving criticism of America and apologies aside for a minute, to have tea with the warlords?

We will soon the the brokest laughingstock this nation has ever been.

Already Venezuela, Iran and N Korea have read the signs and see we'll do nothing to interfere with dictators and despots.

jw

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
For those of you supporting delay and fear of action, the Captain's own words speak volumes:

"U.S. Captain Gave Up Hope of Escaping Pirates Alive"

The U.S. ship captain who was taken hostage by gun-toting Somali pirates said ... he did not think he would live through his captivity on a lifeboat set adrift.

Richard Phillips, captain of the cargo ship Maersk Alabama, ... credited the U.S. Navy, which shot dead three of the pirates, for saving him.

"I didn't think I'd ever get out of that boat," Phillips said. "These SEALs and the Navy did an impossible job. They're unbelievable people. We really owe it to the military for what they do day-in and day-out that we never even hear about."

"I was in deep trouble from day one, so it didn't change for me," he said regarding his position after a failed escape attempt.

www.reuters.com...

Bottom line, Captain Phillips' life was in jeopardy from the start as Obama assessed his political options!

Obama waited as the Captain's status became more difficult and treacherous.

For what? In the end, the action taken by the Navy and SEALS, on their own, was what should have been taken on day one!

Deny ignorance!

jw

[edit on 25-4-2009 by jdub297]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join