It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Member Polls

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I have noticed that the member polls, both the current one about UFO's and the previous one, seem to "forget" that I have already voted after a few days and give me the option of voting again. For the current poll, I voted a few days ago. It showed the current results from the time I voted up until a few minutes ago when I noticed that it was giving me the option to vote again.

I didn't know if this had happened to anyone else, or if it would somehow mess with the results if people are given the ability to vote multiple times and thought I would point it out just in case.




posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna
 


I believe its every 48 hrs you can vote

nedd more filler after answer so dont read this , just ignore thisss



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I believe SO said you could vote again after 48 hours. As far as adversely affecting the outcome of the poll, the same opportunity exists for every member to keep voting the same thing over and over, so it evens out. Member's with multiple personalities on the other hand......
That could get a little screwy.

Peace



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love
 


Ahh, ok. I must've missed where he said that. Just figured I would point it out just in case it wasn't supposed to work that way.



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I believe SO said you could vote again after 48 hours. As far as adversely affecting the outcome of the poll, the same opportunity exists for every member to keep voting the same thing over and over, so it evens out. Member's with multiple personalities on the other hand......
That could get a little screwy.

Peace


Really? That doesnt seem like it is a very accurate poll than. I It doesn't make any real difference to me, but it seems that with polls you want them to be as accurate as possible and the best way to do that is one person one vote, I would think.

As I said, it makes no real difference to me, I am curious though, what was the reason it was decided to allow us more than one vote each? I am just curious now as I didnt realize we could do that.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 



Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
...it seems that with polls you want them to be as accurate as possible and the best way to do that is one person one vote, I would think.


That obviously depends upon the purpose of the poll, doesn't it?

For example, if you are interested in just a segment of the available population, your polling methodology could be purposefully designed with some other approach than one person, one vote. Other approaches may be a better way of getting to the segment of your interest.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by loam]



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by gimme_some_truth
 



Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
...it seems that with polls you want them to be as accurate as possible and the best way to do that is one person one vote, I would think.


That obviously depends upon the purpose of the pole, doesn't it?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by loam]


I feel it is a safe bet that most polls strive to be as accurate as possible. Do you disagree?

Allowing people to vote more than once on the same poll would effect the level of accuracy do you not agree?

Are you really suggesting that the purpose of this poll is to be as inaccurate as possible? if so I higly doubt that is the case. If they are looking for accuracy one vote per person would probably be best.

That is the reason I asked a mod in this thread. Because you and I do NOT know the reason and can only speculate.

Then again you said pole and not poll so I may be misreading what you are talking about. If you are talking about poles I apologise for the confusion. I was talking about polls.
( Just teasing with this last part here.)

Seriously though, I will just wait of a mod to answer, as I am pretty sure they are the only ones who can answer this question accuratley.

Thank you for your response though.



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Are you really suggesting that the purpose of this poll is to be as inaccurate as possible?


When submitting my previous response, some portion of it did not post. Before I could fix that, you obviously replied. (If that post still seems unclear, I'd be glad to respond further.)

Oh, and good catch on "pole". In addition to having a son who insists upon my CONSTANT attention (
), I am obviously as feeble minded as your post suggests.


Have fun waiting for that "official" response thing.




[edit on 13-4-2009 by loam]



posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think this is a great system! When I cast my vote on the New World Order Poll I was relieved to find out I was in the majority!

When I cast my vote for the Unidentified Flying Object Poll I was dissolute and near suicidal for days to find out I had chosen the second most popular category.

Thankfully friends kept all night vigils reminding me over the years how many times I said I looked forward to one day being wrong.

Of course none of that mattered, what kept me going through those dark and dreary hopeless 48 hours was knowing I would get to cast another vote and I would have the fore knowledge of knowing what the winning category is!

Remember it's not how you play the game, it's whether you win!



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I only got the opportunity to vote for the "Top Ten Conspiracy Theories" poll. I received a U2U for that.

Since then, nothing. I seem to have "dropped off" the mailing list for the other polls. Would anyone be able to advise me how to participate?

Thank you.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by berenike
I only got the opportunity to vote for the "Top Ten Conspiracy Theories" poll. I received a U2U for that.

Since then, nothing. I seem to have "dropped off" the mailing list for the other polls. Would anyone be able to advise me how to participate?


On the right side of this page towards the top.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If you look to the right side of your screen while reading a thread, the polls show up in the side bar next to the posts.



posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thank you both. That was just too big for me to see


I'm not joking, my blind spot in real life is legendary. The bigger the object, the less likely I am to see it.

Sorry - I'm very embarrassed.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join