It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a little spiritual message.. :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
brothers and sisters, we are all here together. we all love one another don't we? remember when you were a child, and you naturally loved everyone? that hasn't gone, its just been forgotten. everyone is a child reaching out for love; (and every child deserves love) although as adults we are lost and confused.

dont you feel that we are all one? i believe we must go back inside and find the child, and then ask it, how should we live in the world.

refuse to fight.

refuse to have a war.

try to find the inner child in everyone, and help them to remember it.

if no child is evil, then no human can be evil either. they have just been led astray and have forgotten themselves. some have really been led astray.

shouldnt we all try to share and live together; and not take more than we need? Shouldnt we look after the old, and the young, feed the poor; heal the sick? treat animals with respect and love?

there is more to life than whats on tv.

look inside. things could be better. we could all make them better.

we can refuse to give in.

we all must want to love and be loved.

* all you need is love, love, love, love is all you need*

*imagine all the people, living for today
you may say im a dreamer
but im not the only one
i hope some day you'll join us
and the world will be as one".

(sorry if i got words wrong).

>....

Okay, my little spiritual desertation is over now.
SPREAD THE LOVE.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Never kill your inner child to become numb. It might seem like a better way to live, but the last thing you truly want is to be numb. Dont be ashamed of your suffering or your misplacement. You are not the only one. We all have our suffering and our fears.

Dont ignore your feelings and dont only rely on your thoughts. When intelligence dominates compassion there will always be suffering. Never doubt yourself. You are much more than what you think. No one is better than you. Dont kill yourself inorder to survive in a dead world. If you live only to survive you will only accomplish your own death.

Redeem yourself and take back what is rightfully yours. You are worthy. We are life and we must claim our right to live.

All is love in honesty.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I know that your post is well meaning and it would be nice if the whole world was all hugs and bunnys. And dont get me wrong it would be nice, but it is just simply not realistic.

Saddly as long as there is diffrences there will always be raceism, and jealousy. As long as ther is love there will be fighting. As long as there is money there will be war. As long as there are power hungry leaders there will be struggle. As long as there is ownership there will be hate. As long as there are social classes there will be theift.

Sure people can change. Sometimes they change for the better and some times its for the worse. I'm no expert on the human mind and i wont claim to be. However it has been my experince that even if we change for the better apart of us still harbors our old ways. weither we act on those thoughts or not is up to the persons will power. and even if we dont act on our old thoughts they are still there. The way we are raised has an effect on us our whole lives as well. Even if you were raised to hate, and you walked away from those experinces and became a loving person. Deep down you still have hate there for those who influenced your childhood. whither you admit it or not it is there hidden somewhere. But as i said it is your choice to act. Not every one is so strong willed and no matter how hard they may fight it at some time they will give in. The only way i see this being possible is eraseing all memory and starting over from scratch.

The goal you want is a very nice one, one I would love to see acheived. But I just dont see it happening. I wish some one would prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As long as our spirits remain alive, we are going to be okay. The human animal I believe is caged... by itself. But we are not dead. Spirit is strong and I see it in the eyes of people. They wish for nothing more, but to be free. All of us, everyday, we wish for this. We hold it in our hearts, but some of us throw it away because of doubt. Though it still lingers like a subtle breeze. Never doubt yourself.

For 50,000 years this has been our goal. There was so much love and commitment put into our race to have us make it this far. Things are moving fast, but our desire for freedom grows ever stronger. We want love. All of us do, we CRY for this everyday!!! and I believe we will one day recieve it. Endurance is the hardest discipline, but for those who endure the final victory will come. Dont drop the ball now. We have come this far and it ends in us.

May love concur the final goal.

I love this terence mckenna youtube. It spoke to me and hopefully it will speak to you.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
yeah, you caught me on a good day with this post. I often doubt; and i know human nature. I agree that there will always be a side of people that they could choose to act on. i can also see your point very clearly. i guess my point is - you've got to do the best with what you've got. so theres a part of you thats not so great - its easy to be greedy, bad, selfish violent etc. (what our society often recognizes as 'strength' and admires in people). i think the only thing thats really hard to do, is to not be this way (ie. not act on it, even if its in you). but its a pretty tough road, its hard to see the end and its very easy to get disillusioned or think theres no point to it all. i cant even claim to know there is. but when you look around and see all the bad crap in the world, i just think, whats the point? SOMEONE's got to try to do the opposite, otherwise what would be the point in living, and who would want to?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Ps, *hugs and bunnies* ha, i like that.

...stupid minimum character count.....................

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
and personally, if you ask me who i admire the most, if its the person who did it tough to get where they are, are now a multimillionare, and trampled a lot of people in the process - well, i admire their ability to survive and their cleverness i suppose; and maybe they did it for their family or have their reasons ..and maybe they also give back to charity..

but the person i cant help admiring more is the indian kid who never had anything, and has to go through rubbish dumbs to make a living; and maybe theyll never get anywhere in life, but i admire their courage just to survive being born in such circumstances. or people born with horrific deformities. it must take courage to have to deal with that everyday. i think the heavier the burden someone's had to carry in life, the easier it is to admire them, but particularly if they've still managed to retain their humanity in spite of everything..

not that i claim to have all the answers tho.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
great post. i believe as we make our way towards 2012 and beyond, we shall become what you say. Its happening now. slowly we are awakening. Everywhere i look people are becoming interested in the spiritual side of life, people who were never interested before.

the future shall be amazing for all of us, regardless of what we think just now. We shall all think to love each other because we are all each other.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
i hope we do. i hope everyone does.

they say nobody's perfect. i say things COULD be better than they are.
we could make them better.

i dont think its too much to aim for.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah, we must all be like warriors.

Im not sure about all that 2012 stuff, but I am definitly really into the entire message. Its a great message and it represents a lot more than what people care to discover.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

There is no child within us and therefore no one to find and even if there were, there would be no questions to ask. We know how we should live and we know what the child represents.
Not everyone is lost and confused.
This longing for the child within can be understood in different ways.
There is a desire to return to freedom and innocence, to openness and joy, to unconditional love.
This desire is expressed collectively when mankind hearkens back to a golden age, to a time when we were more in touch with ourselves or even with nature, to a time when we were free.
We feel we have lost something that we have to regain but there is nothing to be regained, it is still here, has always been here, it just has to be realised.

Mankind’s collective childhood, before the birth of ego consciousness, self, I am, or whatever we wish to call it, is the same as our individual childhood before we realise that the world is separate from us and I am is born within us.
The longing for the child within is the longing for the ego-less state.
Some say there is a god, some say god is unconditional love, and some even say god is enlightenment.
The idea of this inner child is representative of our separatedness from god.

And I’m not even religious!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
interesting post.

i dont know. everyone was a child, so everyone maybe could if they tried , remember that child. i do think children and animals are closer to god. thats why if we can somehow get back in touch with that sense - then maybe wed have better understanding of life.

many are lost and confused. or the world wouldnt be the way it is. well humans wouldnt, anyway.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 24-4-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This thread is wonderful, and perfectly on time. I love your OP and wish to thank Wisen Heimer for the wonderful posts contributed as well. I will be following this thread with interest.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hello Rapunzel,
You have misunderstood me. I did not say that children and animals are nearer to god.
I spoke in regard to this idea of the inner child and what it represents and symbolizes.

You say as adults we are lost and confused, who is lost and what are they confused about? Shall we find a lost and confused adult and tell them to ask their inner child what to do? I have an idea why not sally forth into the playground and just ask a passing child! Do you have any particular age group in mind?

‘Try to find the inner child in everyone, and help them to remember it’ I cannot even comment on that!

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree with your sentiments and indeed the world would be a far better place if people would only love each other more but this inner child idea is just a bit, well, childish.

Love and peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The inner child isnt really litteral, but it represents something of yourself. A child is usually not self conscious, is usually more open minded, and so on. Its kind of like the movie peter pan. Imagination, playing, having fun and not becoming hard. Because thats a dead end.

its about living in the moment, expressing yourself and having fun with simple things that dont cost you money.

It could even be as simple as being able to dance instead of sitting down and being afraid which the majority of sober people struggle with. Its freeing a part of yourself.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Did I give the impression that I didn’t understand the opening statement? I can assure you I did. I also understand the value of retaining, or recapturing some of those childlike qualities that we lose as we grow into adulthood, nevertheless I thank you for your unasked for and unrequired definition/explanation. Shall I pluck the odd sentence from the original post and reveal how silly it sounds? perhaps not. I am not unkind. I have already said that I agree with the sentiment expressed. Maybe I just responded driven by the impish/ prankishness of the little child within me to what appeared to be the naïve gushing of a twelve year old! A little pigtail pull! I’m just having fun here really so please don’t react too angrily or defensively.
Love and peace.

Or indeed we can dance if you wish!

[edit on 26-4-2009 by midicon]

[edit on 26-4-2009 by midicon]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I understand what the op is conveying. These are not simple times we live, mostly because of the way we live. Basically all we need to live well is food, water, some type of shelter and love. Some people today are so caught up in their selves and obsessed with material things and while these things may make you happy, the happiness does not last and material things must soon be replaced. I can tell you though, I've seen content poor men and depressed rich men and everything in-between. Siddhartha Gautama said "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." I love you people. Sorry if i ranted and feel free to disagree or agree with what I've said but I won't argue back. It's your perception.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
Hello Rapunzel,
You have misunderstood me. I did not say that children and animals are nearer to god.
I spoke in regard to this idea of the inner child and what it represents and symbolizes.

You say as adults we are lost and confused, who is lost and what are they confused about? Shall we find a lost and confused adult and tell them to ask their inner child what to do? I have an idea why not sally forth into the playground and just ask a passing child! Do you have any particular age group in mind?

‘Try to find the inner child in everyone, and help them to remember it’ I cannot even comment on that!

Don’t get me wrong, I do agree with your sentiments and indeed the world would be a far better place if people would only love each other more but this inner child idea is just a bit, well, childish.

Love and peace.

Okay, ill respond as best i can. 'what is lost'? the ability children have of 'loving their neighbour' - i.e. loving people/each other, simply without really thinking about it. i think as we grow up, our experiences leave negative imprints on us, and we forget how to look at the world simply - i just think we can learn from children. and from animals.

they're confused because i think peopel who hurt other people (and most of us do from time to time) are confused - or they wouldnt do it. perhaps theyve been hurt themselves and are reenacting; or perhaps they think might is right; or are indulging - 'the devil inside' as taht song goes.. i.e. the potential for evil that most if not all people have. (basically putting needs/wants of self above needs of others, to detriment of others).

i think we kind of have a caretaker role on this planet - looking after children and animals; and also i think we can learn a lot from them. i think kids have some insights that we just lose or forget when we grow up. i know i have.

re: my post making sense - i was just saying it as i felt it. but im starting to think there might actually be some science to back it up too. water is supposed to have some interesting properties - and apparantly 'responds' differently depending whether or not emotions like love are expressed vs negative emotions. (i know i have a link for this just dont ask me where). Also im interested in chi energy and healing energy - maybe there is positive healing energy; maybe there's also negative healing energy - like star wars... use the force

mostly its just how i feel intuitively. i dont know why.

(oh, and im not convinced the idea of an' inner child' is ridiculous, or that you wouldnt find one if u looked. a lot of things and experiences are stored in teh brain. and we were all kids once.
i think you probably could go out into the playground and ask a child - any age group probably (altho preferably if they can talk), because i think children have a lot of wisdom, and often their responses to questions make adults see things in a different light. they are very perceptive too i think).

[edit on 27-4-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
okay midicon, i read your post again. i think youre kind of saying the same thing as me just in different words. yes the potential is still in everyone if they tap into it. thats pretty much what i mean when i was saying access the inner child. yes, i agree, everyone has that potential - they just have to access it.

i guess people are lost and confused because they've forgotten how to access the potential - is how i would see it in your words.

in your post you go on to give definitions of what is meant by 'child' and the 'collective childhood' - i agree with you. but im just using the idea of an inner child to convey the concepts you're talking about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join