It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter To President Obama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think that some of you may be missing the key to getting positive government interaction concerning UFO disclosure. It will not be done with a cheesy petition signed by a few hundred, thousand...whatever...internet conspiracy junkies. That is a waste of time. You don't understand who the government answers to. You think the government answers to the people. Your misguided and wrong.

The government answers to the media. Sometimes the media answers to the government. But the only way to get the government to come clean about anything is make it a hot issue in the media. I'm talking hot. Scandal hot. Scandal hot guarantees it will be covered to the point of breaking. Someone will talk, spill the beans, forcing real government interaction in a manner that will get covered properly...by a bunch of networks that one to one-up each other on a story that their audience wants.

But, in order for that to happen, the news media needs to get to the point that they don't chuckle, laugh or crack cheesy jokes every time there is a UFO related story that actually makes it into the mainstream news. In order for that to happen, those interested in getting down to the brass tacks need to understand that the very community that wants to know the real truth is its own worst enemy. Full of "colorful characters", the community shoots itself in the foot almost daily. Read these very forums. That should answer your question right there. And this is one of the top places to discuss UFO's. It gets worse and goes downhill from here. Think about that.

Now, your willing to do whatever it takes to get to the truth, right? How about this: Police the community and stifle anything that sounds outrageous or goofy to the common public (no matter it it is true or not). Stop going to Hollywood movies that have to do with aliens and whatnot, tune out of the goofy History channel shows on UFOs, turn the channel when x-files comes on....you get the idea. Do this for a period of years and the climate will eventually shift where the media will latch onto some key thing (don't have a clue what that is yet, but you'll know it when it happens I guess) and take it seriously enough to get a response from their viewing audience, which by that time will not be a bunch of responses from total nutters. It feeds itself from there and the truth is right around the corner.

A petition wont do anything. Heck, even if they had congressional hearings on UFO's right now, it would just be a passing blurb in the media thanks to the community in the first place. You must change the public opinion on UFOs/Aliens before you get your answers. Like I said, if it sounds weird or goofy, stow it until the climate changes and the truth starts trickling out mainstream. Then let the weird and goofy stuff out.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I think that some of you may be missing the key to getting positive government interaction concerning UFO disclosure. It will not be done with a cheesy petition signed by a few hundred, thousand...whatever...internet conspiracy junkies. That is a waste of time. You don't understand who the government answers to. You think the government answers to the people. Your misguided and wrong.

The government answers to the media. Sometimes the media answers to the government. But the only way to get the government to come clean about anything is make it a hot issue in the media. I'm talking hot. Scandal hot.

Agreed that's why this is by far the most effective letter I can think to offer up. It includes supporting evidence and demonstrates that there is a very real lie. Please go to this thread and also download the FOIA documentation. I've put together a political activism kit that includes letter templates for senators, congressmen, and the President. Also send it to the press. This is the press-release kit. Contact ABC, CNN, Fox, newspapers, I've done all of this. The more other people do this, the more likely someone will take notice.

Hello [Senator, Congressman, etc] [Name],

I recently ran across an article on the Defense Department's website (www.dod.mil...) that deeply concerns me. In this article it explicitly states:

As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

* No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

This is verifiably false.

In the year 1967, two year before Project Blue Books doors were shut and in the middle of the Condon study, in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Oscar-Flight Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the on-staff Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Captain Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report an inexplicable glowing-red object floating over the facility.

Not believing this Cpt. Salas told the man to phone back when something more significant happened.

Five to ten minutes later the guard called again, more distressed, to report that the object was approaching the gate. This time Salas instructed the guard to secure the site and went to wake his commanding officer, Lt. Fred Meiwald, from his scheduled sleep period. While briefing Lt. Meiwald the alarm klaxon sounded and lights at the commander's station flashed indicating missiles were entering a "no-go," or unlaunchable, condition.

In total Oscar-flight lost six to eight missiles that morning. Each silo ran on a completely separate and independent system to prevent cascading failures. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all ten of their missiles. The loss of one missile due to system failure let alone eighteen is so statistically improbable as to be unprecedented.

The factualness of this is verifiable through FOIA and Boeing documentation detailing to what extent SAC investigated the failures. Robert Salas has also since written a book titled Faded Giant to broaden awareness on this matter. In it, he notes Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents along with interviews of ex-Boeing engineers’ reveal tests could not identify a cause for missile shutdowns; likely explaining why in one declassified correspondence SAC stated the incident “was of very grave concern to this headquarters." Mr. Salas has also gone before the National Press Club and stated he’s willing to testify before Congress to the truthfulness of this story.
(www.youtube.com...)

With all of this a matter of public record how is it that the DOD publicly states, "No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security?”

The defense implications are obvious and frightening. In view of this event we desperately need public congressional hearings to determine why Blue Book was shutdown. We need to understand why the USAF neglected to inform the Condon study of this case, especially since the findings of the Condon Report were one of the few justifications for closing Project Blue Book. In absence of congressional action we deserve a full report from the DOD and USAF spelling out how this does not constitute a national security threat!

I implore you to discuss this issue with your fellow Senators, the Congress, the Defense Department, the United States Air Force, and if possible the President of the United States.

The nonsense surrounding this issue has gone on long enough. We deserve real answers about our security!

Concerned citizen,

[Your Name]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
X - I like your approach and agree with your motivations. I just don't think that anything can really get done through the media at this time due to the climate that is maintained by the UFO community. There doesn't need to be outright pressure applied to either the media or the government at this time, it will produce negative results and hurt delay the chances of success when attempted again at a future date.

What the media needs to see is positive ratings on UFO stories and negative ratings on anything that paints us all in a bad light. Spend a couple of years "crafting" the right climate (yes, through manipulation...but its all a means to an end) and it will play itself out on autopilot.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What the media needs to see is positive ratings on UFO stories and negative ratings on anything that paints us all in a bad light. Spend a couple of years "crafting" the right climate (yes, through manipulation...but its all a means to an end) and it will play itself out on autopilot.

This is an impossibility. People prefer entertainment to the truth. I have another strategy, but that card is in play.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
That is so true, people do prefer entertainment over anything else. That explains a lot about the current conditions of most modern societies.

So, since humans seem to be "devolving" it seems there is no solution here. And the sad thing is, humans are devolving in the time where information has never been easier to access and communication is easier than it has ever been in history. Odd, the more "connected" we get the more "disconnected" we become.

So, how many million signatures do you think it would take for a reasonable investigation to get green-lit by the media.government? I say several million at a minimum.

And I think they need to get done in every city/community simultaneously and delivered on the same day to "city halls" across the country. Only an organized effort of at least that magnitude would get noticed enough to not die an immediate media death I think.....

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

That is so true, people do prefer entertainment over anything else. That explains a lot about the current conditions of most modern societies.

So, since humans seem to be "devolving" it seems there is no solution here. And the sad thing is, humans are devolving in the time where information has never been easier to access and communication is easier than it has ever been in history. Odd, the more "connected" we get the more "disconnected" we become.

So, how many million signatures do you think it would take for a reasonable investigation to get green-lit by the media.government? I say several million at a minimum.

And I think they need to get done in every city/community simultaneously and delivered on the same day to "city halls" across the country. Only an organized effort of at least that magnitude would get noticed enough to not die an immediate media death I think.....

It would take more than several million letters. It would take more than a million-man march on Washington. My other strategy is logistical. I have no idea how it will pan out and I have no doubt it could spell a very bad end for me.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by jkrog08

Can't wait to see the final version. I would maybe also consider hiring a professional editor before sending it out, just in case.
Why should we lower us to their level in the Matrix where spelling and verb matters, more then the content and question it self? dumb statement, shows that you are more locked in then the guy who wrote it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kukulcangod

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by jkrog08

Can't wait to see the final version. I would maybe also consider hiring a professional editor before sending it out, just in case.
Why should we lower us to their level in the Matrix where spelling and verb matters, more then the content and question it self? dumb statement, shows that you are more locked in then the guy who wrote it.

because my dear friend, if it looks like a 12 year old wrote it no one will take it seriously. Think about it knuckle head

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
After listening to many members response to this idea I feel that maybe now isn't the right time to do this.I doubt that it would be taken seriously anyways and the economy is the more urgent issue right now.

I do intend on sending something similar to this(without the grammatical errors,lol-I was very emotional about it,and a little 'festive' from Easter celebrations) at a later date,I want to wait to see if something breaks as far as new evidence.Also I agree a petition is needed by a lot of people.I am happy to see that a lot of members share my feelings on this though and will continue to ask for ideas.

Consider this a 'template' for the letter.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

I assure you I am not twelve and apologize for the format of the letter,as I said I was mainly using it as a template of the ideas I wanted "expressed' in the letter.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm with you on this 100 percent OP. I agree, it's time for the truth to come out. It's time for Obama to keep his promise and make change happen in a positive way.

I say....let's rock this world and send the letter.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Aye, I am on board with this type of thinking and a final draft copied and sent to all parts of government and political divisions.

I think it may be reasonable to address this to military heads in conjunction with the president and his handlers for the simple reason that many, here and there, claim that the president is not singularly privy to all the documents and history involved with the truth. Also, a letter signed with the intention of unsealing this type of knowledge would be great if it was also acknowledged by the media. Some nice media exposure would be great for such a request. Well good luck to you, and the rest of us on this matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Oh no not you. I was talking to Kulkucan. Sorry for the misunderstanding though I should have been more specific

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

Oh,not a problem.

Man I don't link this new character count thing.Now I have to ramble on,lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I know how you feel. Im usually not one for words but now I kinda have to be especially with this minimum character count req. that they came up with.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

heres my star for you.hope it will shine as bright as a falling star or ufo...and shoots cross the white house balcony so mr. Obama can get what he wish and us too.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
ATTENTION ALL:

I will eventually send this letter,but obviously now is not the time!I was wanting to see member response to this emotional letter.I will compile more evidence and present it with the letter within 1-2 years.I am anxious for anyone to u2u me with help on this.I need many peoples support(not just on ATS).I doubt it will do good,but at least in the end I have tried.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I was wondering what happened to this thread and why you didn't keep it going for more people to star and flag?

Do you really think it would take 1-2 years to put together a good solid letter with pleny of signatures?

Maybe you should send a letter now with signatures and support from all who will support you. Send the letter over and over and over. Each time add more signatures.

The whole time you are sending these letters you could be working on another letter and presentation of proof and facts. Like they did with the Disclosure Project.

Like in Shawshank Redemption when Andy kept sending letters asking for funding until they got tired of hearing from him and responded.

Maybe the more you send the closer we will be to getting their attention!

Good Luck!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yea,but I admit I was emotional and non logical in thinking that a letter would do any good. My point is that if enough people get behind this we can maybe have a voice. I have been in contact with a few members who are willing to help with the letter. I am just wondering will it do any good?

I know I intend on sending something within the year, but I don't think it will do any good w/o the majority member support (at least) from ATS. I just don't have the means to mount a nationwide petition signing!

Also I would like to again apologize for the major grammatical errors in my OP and first few responses. I was emotional and a little intoxicated, but that doesn't take away from my true meaning of the thread.

I have decided that the letter should be no more than 3-4 pages in length and include references of Roswell, Kecksburg, the main UFO trace cases, and main abduction accounts. I will obviously need help with all this, so I would appreciate any members willing to volunteer. I would like to send this no later then January of 2010 (next year). So I hope this thread gets some more attention and some members are willing to help.

I will contact some members who I felt were more willing to help, judging by their responses.

I will keep you all updated!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i know he doesnt care

did ya notice the economy? terrorists? liberals? and plagues were facing

this is the worst time ever but you give it a shot even though its selfish

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join