It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck and the Rise of Fox News's Militia Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Glenn Beck and the Rise of Fox News's Militia Media

www.truthout.org

Waving around a copy of his Obama Deception, Jones warned Fox News webcast viewers about Obama's "agenda" for "gun confiscation" and the new president's plan to "bring in total police-state control" to America.

Jones also noted with excitement that Fox News' Glenn Beck had recently begun warning about the looming New World Order on his show, just like Jones had for years. "It is great!" cheered the conspiracist. (Like Jones, Beck recently warned viewers that "the Second Amendment is under fire.") Concluding the interview, Fox News' Napolitano announced "it's absolutely been a pleasure" listening to Jones' insights.

We don't know if Poplawski tuned in to watch Jones' star turn for Fox News last month. But is there any doubt that Fox News is playing an increasingly erratic and dangerous game by embracing the type of paranoid insurrection rhetoric that people like Poplawski are now acting on? By stoking dark fears about the ominous ruins that await an Obama America, by ratcheting up irresponsible back-to-the-wall scenarios, Fox News has waded into a territory that no other news organization has ever dared to exploit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, I posted something the other day about this and was hit with some hostility. First off, I am not anti-Jones nor do I believe he is right wing so save those comments for someone else. What I am trying to get to is why is fox trying to push Jones' idea and line them up with Glen Beck? Is it a way to push more fear and create unease in the believe everything we see on tv crowd? I do believe Jones is a sensationalist and my opinion on that will never change but that is not my issue, my issue is why is he off all people appearing on fox news, something he knows to be a propaganda machine?

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
IMHO

The right wing militia movement has been embraced by Fox as a means to fuel their agenda. Any dissent is good dissent in their opinon. However, pandering to this crowd (and I actually find Beck to be genuine, however misguided at times; Hannity and others not so much) almost gives any idea of a NWO/Obama Deception/Bilderberg Group conspiracy almost a "bad name", if you will.

If Fox really was a propaganda machine of the NWO (and not of the conservative right) then this could not be allowed to transpire as it currently does. If then, as I always suspected and currently believe, they are indeed a propaganda mouthpiece of the conservative right.....well, then they will take this current populist movement, profit off it, and exploit it to reach their own goals.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by awake_awoke]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Yea, I did not mean to sound like I though Fox was a mouthpiece but indeed the conservative right. I just find it so alarming though that to further their own agenda they must create more fear. I guess somethings never change... change?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Fox News is in the Republican's pockets
when they say jump Fox jumps

right now the dems are in power
that's why the republicats are fighting this way

when the republicats were in power there was MSNBC's keith olbermann
now it's the opposite

it's even safe to assume keith's job was done as soon as they knew that Obama would win

when/if the repubs are back in power beck will be gone as well

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
when the republicats were in power there was MSNBC's keith olbermann
now it's the opposite

it's even safe to assume keith's job was done as soon as they knew that Obama would win

when/if the repubs are back in power beck will be gone as well

Have you seen countdown with Keith Olbermann lately? His show pretty much revolves around bashing Republicans, id say his job is still safe.
Same with Chris Mathews.

Now, to be fair, Obama has proposed the biggest spending budget EVER by a sitting US president. He will tripple the entire Budget deficit in just 10 YEARS!!! So lets be fair, there is alot of questionable moves by the current admin that probably should be scoffed at.

The problem is not the republicans, but both parties. Both seek to divide us, and pen american against American, so both sides can spread their neo movements be it liberal or conservative, this, regardless if its for the good of the country or not.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who's in power, media is all controlled and nothing gets out unless it's okay. I think this is happening because the NWO is ready, so unrest is now going to be incited - a little here (unemployment, foreclosures), a little there (media affirming nwo), etc. and before you know it, what will people do?

Take it to the streets... protest peacefully... and be attacked by the global police.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

This is nothing more than getting in front of the mob coming to chase you out of town to act as if your leading the parade. Leaders of both political parties are sensing that the American people have had it with the business as usual attitude in Washington; soon it is tar and feathers.

This is exactly why the Tea Party movement is so important; as has been pointed out, if you feel you have disenfranchised by an ever more powerful centralized government, armed resistance is all you feel you have left. The Tea Parties taking place across the nation will give a constructive outlet for the building frustration of Americans of all political affiliations and prove to the politicians of both parties that their gig is up. This is about our last hope for sanity to be restored to our elected officials before there is armed resistance.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What a load of baloney.

Fox is in the pocket of Republicans? That's a steamy crock of bovine manure, and I've heard similar hallucinations on other threads.

Fox news is the top-rated news show in OUR COUNTRY, and for that to be so, then one would have to conclude that FOX has a better than average viewership HERE IN THE US.

The reason these guys are required to bring this stuff up, is that I assure you that the other news channels are not going to point anything out. For them, the liberal life under the current administration is all sunshine and lollypops.

You're not going to hear about a lot of the doings of our current administration from the New York Times, or the Chicago Tribune!

So where's the independent to get information?

Both sides of the argument?

The same place a significant portion of US viewers turn to - to get their news?

Only weak liberal facists hate FOX.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is just nothing more than controlled opposition.

Hey, ATS I would like to challenge you all to something.

TURN OFF ALL MAINSTREAM MEDIA. The liberal and conservative media are just trying to control your opinion.

They're propaganda heads. Like Alex Jones says. They only favor their political party and that's that. Lou Dobbs is the only person in the media I trust.

Just stop watching the MSM altogether. That's the only way to defeat the system.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Only weak liberal facists hate FOX.

ummm, Bill O'reilly is a fascist for your information
Fox News is a neocon's tool for conditioned thinking

the world would be a better place if Fox didn't exist.

Do you even know who rupert murdoch is?

I think I see the source of your flawed logic that you displayed in another specific thread.

Fox is a joke!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

What about MSNBC? We need to get rid of MSNBC as well then by your definition. I'm not against free speech I only am against government controlled news station. They're all government disinfo agents and many of the big stars are bilderburgers.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
ummm, Bill O'reilly is a fascist for your information
Fox News is a neocon's tool for conditioned thinking

the world would be a better place if Fox didn't exist.

Do you even know who rupert murdoch is?

I think I see the source of your flawed logic that you displayed in another specific thread.

Fox is a joke!

If Fox is such a joke, just where should the common man get his news from? Which source is above board and truthful??

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
What about MSNBC? We need to get rid of MSNBC as well then by your definition. I'm not against free speech I only am against government controlled news station.

MSNBC is bad as well as CNN, CNBC and lately even politico and c-span

But Fox is by far the worst of the worst

Originally posted by jerico65
If Fox is such a joke, just where should the common man get his news from? Which source is above board and truthful??

I really don't know unfortunately
I guess here on ATS lol

At the end of the day you just got to use your head and don't believe just anything

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

What about MSNBC?

Im actually yet to see a liberal on here slobber over msnbc as opposed to fringers and the blatant propaganda fox news displays. For the moment its only assumptions.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Um,
I hope that was some sort of satire?

Without getting into the arguement of who is right and who is wrong when it comes to liberals and conservatives and their worldview...I think the point is that Olbermann rarely stepped into the fringe world of the conspiracy theorist (which I do live in
shame he didn't) during the Bush years...however the conservative media outlets of all sorts are celebrating any fring populist hullabaloo.
They will take ANYTHING. Which makes me wonder as to the validity of the whole thing....

I have said before in other threads:
Be very careful how you practice your "outrage"...because no matter what Fox makes you believe you will be in the minority (call the rest of us "sheeple" if you will) and the possible consequences are somewhat dire....and could be something nobody, liberal or conservative, wants.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Fox is in the pocket of Republicans? That's a steamy crock of bovine manure, and I've heard similar hallucinations on other threads.

Fox news is the top-rated news show in OUR COUNTRY, and for that to be so, then one would have to conclude that FOX has a better than average viewership HERE IN THE US.

Actually, Fox News is a channel, not a show. If you haven't even seen it, I don't know what grounds you base your assumptions that its "balanced" on.

Yes, Fox has a high viewership in the United States. That doesn't necessarily mean their "information" is any more accurate, fair, or balanced than any of the other stations. The true reason Fox has higher ratings is because there are two liberal stations, and one conservative station.

People who prefer a ridiculously left-aligned point of view choose CNN or MSNBC.

People who prefer a ridiculously right-aligned point of view can only choose Fox.

That is the only reason Fox's ratings are higher, they don't have any competition. If you combined MSNBC's and CNN's daily ratings it would outdo Fox by a hefty amount.

Truly intelligent people know that all three of the major news networks in the U.S. are shams, and seek knowledge from more reliable sources such as newspapers and the internet.

In 2003, University of Maryland researchers studied the public’s belief in three false claims — that Iraq possessed WMD, that Iraq was involved in 9/11, and that there was international support for the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. The researchers stated, “The extent of Americans’ misperceptions vary significantly depending on their source of news. Those who receive most of their news from Fox News are more likely than average to have misperceptions.” Fox News viewers were “three times more likely than the next nearest network to hold all three misperceptions.”

Source

See, just because a network has high ratings, doesn't mean it provides good info. Fox is the LOWEST rated of the major networks, only barely beating out local news (a joke) and morning shows that focus more on Branjelina then what's going on overseas.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Blah blah blah , yada yada yada, fox news is evil, glenn beck is damien and Bill is Satan..........

Seriously how many times do we have to rehash this stuff, this post seems like no more then the political trolling that happens on every other thread posted about Fox news...

Can the libs PLEASE get over the irrational fear of Fox news. I mean seriously wasnt Obama the darling of the liberal media? You got what you wanted, hes elected now, give us a break.They didnt report half the skeletons in Obamas closet pre election and Fox did.

All i can say is now you have to deal with what you elected n so does the rest of America.

Give it a rest, if you dont like it dont tune in to it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Many liberals have taken issue with Fox even before Obama was even a candidate. Yes, all news stations lean right or left. In my opinion, MSNBC is far left, FOX is far right, and CNN is mid-left. I personally watch all news stations but to me, Fox is more of a reality show than a news network with all the name calling, pretty people, and clever use of key phrases.

I watch CNN more than anything because I despise Chris Matthews, I am very liberal, and Anderson Cooper is my favorite man alive. But I don't take anyone's word for anything. Remember back in third grade math? Mean, median, and mode. I take the mean of everything I hear, tend to ignore the mode, and check up on internet news sources if I have questionable doubt about something I feel is important or possibly misstated on a news network.

*shrug* No one should listen to just one news source if they're honestly interested in the facts.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Can the libs PLEASE get over the irrational fear of Fox news. I mean seriously wasnt Obama the darling of the liberal media?

This thread isn't about "fear" or Obama. Its about a mainstream news organization's hypocrisy in reporting sensationalist claims (those of Alex Jones), while at any point during the past 8 years any question of the government was considered "unpatriotic" or "empowering the terrorists". I don't recall any of the figureheads on the liberal stations calling for revolution or fear-mongering about the NWO while Bush was in power.

This isn't about left vs. right, as most people like to make it. Its about one news organization completely destroying its own "credibility" in order to entertain fringe theories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join