It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO Reports 1969

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Update: 05th July 1969

Those who have followed this thread or downloaded the summary document will be aware of the other unexplained sighting from the 1969 UFO Flap in WA that suggested the existence of photographic evidence. I'm happy to tell everyone that Bill Chalker was very kind in supplying me with a copy of one of the three photographs that were taken of the 'craft'.

As Bill told me,

The photo case is controversial but no big secret. It got publicity at the time and was even covered on one of the current affairs TV shows at the time. The RAAF, Duggin & Turner, VUFORS, and others separately investigated it. It is controversial - 3 polaroids taken one of which the UFO image is "accidentally" burnt by the witness. Duggin at the time thought is was probably not a hoax...

Accidentally burnt? What was the witness thinking?

The Photo:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5be21870bf1.jpg[/atsimg]

A larger version can be found in my media account here:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

For those who may wish to investigate this incident further (chadwickus?), Bill said that the photograph was sourced from Duggin's case notes, therefore more information exists other than just the summary. Happy hunting!

A big thank you again to Bill Chalker!

IRM

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Nice work IRM!

Always good to get more information on a case.

Any word of Bill Chalker popping in?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Bill actually came and checked out the thread a few days ago. He said we have most of the info regarding Kalamunda. There is no photographic evidence that he is aware of. Bill is a very busy man so I doubt he would have the time to join the thread.

He's probably hard at work producing another best seller

IRM

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yeah, that's understandable.

I got in contact with Shane Ryan regarding the Westall thread I did and he seems a pretty busy guy himself, he did post a link to the thread on his Yahoo page though so I'm sure these guys are glad to get the message out there to as many people as possible.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Absolutely brilliant IRM. What scrutiny has the image been through previously? Or was it just the case notes and no photo annalysis has ever been done. ATS photography experts should have a squizz,
What a shame Bill didn't pop in

zazz

[edit on 17-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I'm not sure at this point frazzy! I'd imagine that if any visual analysis was performed on the image, we'd find the results in Duggin & Turner's case notes along with the image - if they're available to the public that is. Perhaps that can be one of our next targets.

I'd imagine contacting VUFORS might yield fruit directly or indirectly. I know tezzajw is still a VUFORS member. I threw my membership in years ago as my job prevented me from attending meetings.

They'd be more likely to help out a member I'd imagine.

IRM

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't know anything about that picture or that case.

I missed the March VUFORS meeting night - was waaaay too busy to attend. The next meeting night is 1st June. You don't have to be a member to attend, it's a $5 payment at the door for one-nighters.

Send me a U2U, with all of the specifics, if you want me to ask them anything.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Update: 05th July 1969

The Photo:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5be21870bf1.jpg[/atsimg]

A larger version can be found in my media account here:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

hey nice find InfaRedMan,

i seen this thread a few day's ago and i was intrigued by that photo you posted. i found this photo of a ufo supposedly taken in the Summer of 1965 - Adelaide, Australia and thought it was very similar looking to the one in your photo ? thought i would post it and see if anyone knows more about it.

4.bp.blogspot.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Great post easynow!

The photo you supplied is very similar to the one I posted - and dare I say both are very indicative of the era... classic saucer/hubcap shaped craft. I'm not saying that they are hubcaps but merely in vogue to many of the sightings and photos of the time.

There has been an interesting evolution in the apparent ET craft over the years!

Thanks for adding further interest and intrigue to my humble Aussie thread!

IRM

[edit on 21/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hmm, normally I'm sceptical of blurry photo's but those two photos are similar(ish) and were taken around the same time as well.

I'm wondering if there are similarities with this photo?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f25efc797ca.jpg[/atsimg]

Taken in 1966 in Melbourne

From Bill Chalkers blog:

theozfiles.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Update: 5th July 1969 UFO Image (see above)

To those who have shown interest in following this case, Internos has uncovered some important evidence that he will be sharing soon.

Watch this space... and remember - the truth is our ultimate goal.

IRM

[edit on 22/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

"the truth is our goal" that almost translates as he's picked something dodgey in the image.

He's good that Internos

zazz

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Yes, InfaRedMan: i got in touch with a researcher who included in his own report also Keith Basterfield's work:
basically, the hoax was admitted by the three authors of the photograph right after its inclusion in the reports, besides it has been made a mess with the date of the sighting, which complicated the research. After the confession, it seems that the case was simply pulled out from the subsequent reports, that's why we've lost its tracks on the way: there are some chances to find the report related to the confession of the hoax, but at this point it's no longer necessary IMHO, given the circumstances.

[edit on 22/4/2009 by internos]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Many thanks internos for all the time and effort you put into finding more information on this particular case. Sterling work my good friend! Personally I thought it was a hoax the second I saw the picture. I did have misgivings but I was prepared to give the benefit of doubt until we knew for sure.

As I have alluded to in an earlier post, and indeed a dedicated thread from last year, I find the evolution of design in ET craft to mimic that of our own technological/industrial ingenuity & aesthetic. When I see this, it automatically raises a red flag. Sure, it's not a foolproof method of picking a hoax, but IMHO it's a good initial indicator - for me anyway.

We can now strike 05th July 1969 off the list. It's not worthy of any further investigation. I guess if I had one enduring question I could pose to the hoaxers, it would be "Why?".

Many thanks again mate!!!

IRM

[edit on 22/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I guess if I had one enduring question I could pose to the hoaxers, it would be "Why?".

At the height of UFO hysteria then sweeping the nation, two young barbers and a butcher took a dead monkey in 1953, lopped off its tail and applied a liberal dose of hair remover and some green coloring to the carcass. Then they left the primate on an isolated road north of Atlanta in the pre-dawn hours of July 8, 1953, burning a circle into the pavement with a blowtorch before a police officer came around the curve in his patrol car.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41b1a1db2242.jpg[/atsimg]

This famous early hoax was done for a bet

The rest are probably ar$eh0l3s, losers and jokers looking for 15 minutes of fame

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi all

Keith Basterfield here. Nice thread. Since retiring from paid employment I have been publishing my research findings at ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Hi Keith,

Thanks for popping by and reading the thread. I hope you took a copy of the document I posted in the original post. Some of the more interesting sightings may still be good material worthy of further investigation. I must admit to having a preference to the earlier sightings.

Love your work!

IRM

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hi

Reply to IRM.

I certainly took a look at the documents which started off this thread. They are part of the RAAF's summaries of Australian UFO reports which they used to give out.

The Disclosure Australia Project, which I facilitated, found the full RAAF UFO report forms and investigations of some of these cases, when it located and examined about 150 Australian Government UFO files. There is a website dedicated to presenting the Project's findings at disclosureaustralia.freewebpages.org... if you haven't already come across it.

Like you, I find many of these older cases of great interest.

Regards

Keith
[email protected]

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by keithb

Thanks Keith. I can see myself loosing days on that website!

Regards,
IRM

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join