It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian UFO Reports 1969

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
GDAY IRM
and Chaddy (aussies Inc)

S&F'd

You probably have already seen the Aussie disclosure site, so sorry if I'm sharing it again. The guys who do this painstaking research through old government documents have come up with numerous UFO accounts and the subsequent classifed Govt reports on investigations that have just been released to public record.

So contrary to what the delightful arizonascott says this isn't typed with a 1918 typewritter, they are GOVT certified docs.

www.auforn.com...

Cheers Zazz

Edit :typos

[edit on 12-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Wow really? a hoax?

Despite the fact that some of what's already written has been backed up by other sources you're still calling this a hoax?

Poor form.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Gday there!

Many thanks for sharing the doc. It's a great addition to the collection.

Any word on why you didn't scan the cover? Was it in pretty bad shape or something?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Cheers Kandinsky!

I'm really chuffed that people have found more information on the Perth case. I'm sure that there's more information out there for some of the slightly ambiguous sightings and explanations. Thanks for supplying more evidence my friend!

“I accept the US assessments without question and consider that it would be a complete waste for we here in Australia to spend valuable time and money in further detailed investigations.”

I find this comment somewhat suspicious. Firstly, do the US assessments relate to that of Blue Book? If it's a security matter, how can it be a waste of time & money? Simple answer... It's not! It almost seems as though the US didn't want other nations garnering deeper information on the phenomena IMHO. Perhaps they enjoyed holding the trump cards? ... Just a suggestion.

Thanks again mate.. Sterling work!

IRM

reply to post by Sam60

Very interesting Sam60! I have no doubt that there is more the Fred Valentich case being suppressed. It's a shame you can't track down this old RAAF buddy. His lips may be a little looser these days. That seems to be the fashion at least with UFO's being such a mainstream topic.

Thanks for your comments. Let us know if you can find out any more!

Cheers,
IRM

reply to post by tezzajw

Hi Tezz!

The cover is quite unremarkable. It's a typed A4 sheet like the others. I did scan it with the intention of keeping everything together but the ink is so faded that it couldn't even be read at 300dpi. I'm happy to upload it if you want but it is rather useless mate.

reply to post by Shere Khaan

Wow! Many thanks Shere Khaan! That's certainly more information than I was expecting anyone to find. It's great watching this case take some shape. We know that there are photographs of said object somewhere... perhaps with the RAAF. Bill Chalker might even be someone worth contacting given he has all the right contacts. I am considering this ATM.

Thanks again mate... great work indeed!

IRM

reply to post by arizonascott

Originally posted by arizonascott
Sorry, total BS, I have a typewriter from 1918 and it looks just as good. Type something up and scan into a PDF or whatever.
Hoax

I have no doubt whatsoever that this document could be easily faked! However, in this case you're completely wrong but hey, your entitled to your opinion. As anyone on the Aliens/UFO's forum will attest.. I'm not a fan of charlatans and hoaxers. Check my signature mate and you may get an idea of what I stand for. Still I must admit that I find it somewhat amusing to be called a hoaxer. Thanks for the giggle!

IRM

reply to post by zazzafrazz

Hey zazzafrazz!

I haven't checked out the AUS Disclosure sight but I will now that you've provided the link. Many thanks for the heads-up my friend!

Cheers,
IRM

reply to post by Chadwickus

LOL Chadwickus! Some people don't have much concept of anything. What's obvious to some is mystifying to others. Thanks for taking my 6!

IRM

reply to post by Nick_X

Hi Nick_X!

Thanks for your post! Check my answer to Tezz (above) as you both asked the same question. As stated, I'm happy to upload the cover if people want it but be prepared for disappointment in regards to quality. Just let me know if you still want it mate.

IRM

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

My pleasure

You'll find it a great read.
I think some of the OZ sightings need to be put out there in public domain alot more as they're great.
One of their latest finds is the formation of the secret
THE JOINT INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE AND UFOS in the 1950's.
Also interestingly this committee is pretty much still meeting today to do possibly the same thing

Enjoy.
Zazzy F

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm hoping more information about these cases will come to light soon with the changes to the FOIA being introduced.

livenews.com.au...

www.smh.com.au...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I've sent an email to Keith Basterfield of AURA in the hope that he may be able to shed further light on the 1969 Kalamunda Case. I've posted links for him to the original document scans (PDF) and to this forum. Hopefully he will have the time to join in on the discussion.

IRM

[edit on 13/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I was talking in depth to one of the guys working on it, and he was saying it's amazing how much info was just noted, investigated, then stored, not under millitary intelligence and all those docs are being released because we release them in OZ after a certain amount of years.

One of his best finds was a note that a guy scribbled as he was taking down UFO sightings descriptions and then where he would send it; which department for 'ownership'

We will see more of them, its just a matter of these researchers painstakingly going through them all. He said he finds things in the strangest places, not secret millitary files so much, more like the local police officers report and investigation from rural 'wherever' and so on....

and great move emailing aura, I WOULD LOVE A THREAD FROM THEM DEDICATED TO THEIR RESEARCH

[edit on 13-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
UPDATE

Though it appears Keith Basterfield has retired from UFOlogy, Diane Frola, the national director from AFORN replied to me on Keith's behalf and was very helpful in supplying some links that may prove helpful to ATS members so I thank Diane for that!

AFORN

Pandora Archive

Bill Chalker

Bill Chalker

IRM

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
One of the most intriguing cases to come out of Australia:

A great many credible,reputable (and separately located) townsfolk witness UFO hovering over a lake - Gosford 2006:
www.youtube.com...

“Callers were genuinely frightened.”
Sergeant Bob Wenning of the Gosford Police

On Saturday evening December 30 1995, all phones rang hot at Gosford Police Station as motorists called on their mobile phones to report a large craft hovering above Mooney-Mooney Bridge.
Later, dozens of calls flooded in from distressed locals at home.
Station Sergeant Bob Wenning states, “People were woken by an intense humming noise. They were genuinely frightened when they saw a huge cylindrical object hovering over the water. It had a polished, ball-like bottom, and as it hovered over the lake, its lights shone down into the water, apparently turning it in to steam”. Callers also reported a brilliant light which “turned night into day”, shining through their bedroom windows.
Patrol cars were sent out to investigate, but whenever police officers came to within 50 meters of it, or car headlights got close, the craft would turn off its own lights and shoot up skywards, out of sight. One police officer reported that it flew away “as if you had a torch beam and whipped it around.”
Seasonal parties, previously well behaved, suddenly erupted into antisocial behaviour. Residents reported their animals cowered and hid, and many dogs howled for no apparent reason. Car patrols were dispatched from one spot to another as the object moved back and forth over the area.All callers gave the same account of a saucer-shaped craft, 20 to 30 meters across, surrounded by bright white light, and with intense shafts of light that penetrated the foaming water below, or when away from the water, once the shafts of white light were off, underneath was a red glow or flashing red-orange lights.

The event largely died out around dawn at 5am, after Police units had been dispatched on over 35 calls,one officer relating that the evening reminded him of a night of “Moon Madness”, that phenomenon known to police whereby civil unrest increases during the full moon.

policeufo.com...

Australian UFO documentary 'Oz encounters' which features this UFO case and some other very interesting ones:

Part 1
uk.youtube.com...
Part 2
uk.youtube.com...
Part 3
uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

There's alot of stuff going on in Oz.

So much space here.

I spoke to the head of a major observatory and he stated het gets 3-4 reports a year detailing bright objects in orbit, moving in formation. It is'nt the Space Shuttle.

Alot of stuff going on in the desert.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SylviaPlath

I agree, Australia is extremely large and has many expansive & inhospitable places where humans just don't go. The perfect place if your an alien species wishing to go about your business without detection or interruption.

I'm surprised the observatory only sees 3 to 4 objects a year. That's rather low for the level of activity in this country!

IRM

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks again Karl. Gosford is a compelling case! I can't remember it being on the Oz Encounters show though. I must have had a brain fart when watching it.

Do you know if any still images exist?

IRM

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

19.07.69 PERTH, WA Four men in different Perth suburbs claim to have seen a UFO at about 3.20am on July 19th. The men, Stanley Cooper, B Marsden, I Bonney, and S Subis described the UFO as being brilliant orange in colour and flying in a north easterly direction. They all agreed the UFO was definitely not a satellite, it made no noise and was moving very fast. An RAAF spokesman said no aircraft were flying in that area at the time of the sighting.

There's probably forty more sightings reported to Australian UFO Research Network in 1969. That's the only one in Western Australia which possibly explains why I couldn't cross-reference any of yours with these ones. Either way, 1969 was a busy old year for sightings

Whatever, maybe you can see more in this collection than I did

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This one is my favorite.

10 may 69 Duration 10-12 Seconds. Bright Light like aircraft landing at gold coast.

Possible Cause..... Saturn!

Just makes me laugh

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Gosford is just amazing, the best part about that is the number of sightings by perfectly normal families and the POLICE testimonies. The object left us a big clue to the crafts purpose here.
The water shaft.
Why did they suck up the water, then drop it back in? Was it for testing, cleaning, hydro power? who knows, but the purpose was defn urgent for it to appear so blatantly and then do the water flush. Did we get insight into craft maintenance?

We did a weekend vigil up there last year (ended up being a drunken karaoke session with car stereos, so we don't remember much) But the northern beaches of Sydney and then up the central coast is full of activity.

When I lived at Avalon Beach I was ocean front and at night the play on the horizon was pretty much spectacular after the 11pm last flight in landed at Kingsofrd Smith airport (air traffic stops then). I can never say of it was helicopters but the movements were very strange, almost 'playing' with each other.

One I saw just come up from the sea (a dot on the horizon so I acknowledge I didnt see much) but there was no tanker or base for it to have come from...hhhhmmmm . we filmed it one night but it just looks one of those dumb wobbley dots on the horizon vids so I never bother posting it.

Also re 1969 being a vintage year for many sightings, if you belive it was the first year of manned landings on the moon, I think the activity could possibly (s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g the hypothosis) be related to humans foray into space exploration.

EDIT:this was meant to be a reply to KARL12 ..thx for posting the Gosford sightings

ps...Is that Russel Crowe voicing the doco? HA! Go Russ, Go Russ!
and the aussie surfer dude "it was AAAWWsome" is priceless.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hi all! Love looking into Aussie cases.

I'm from Perth so the Kalamunda case has always interested me. I know of several other cases in Perth, including one where a womans' daughter has been the subject of many abductions. I will see what I can dig up.

My Pop (from Kalgoorlie) told my dad before he died that he saw something pretty odd when he was prospecting on the Nullabor near Cue in the late 1930s. Pop used to camp on the edge of the Nullabor on these trips and he told dad that he saw a cigar shaped craft take off horizontally from the desert. Said it made no sound and took off at high speed. It really shook him up and he never spoke of it for 40 years to anyone is his family. My Pop was a straight-laced honest man...so i know what he saw was there.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by swinggal
Pop used to camp on the edge of the Nullabor on these trips and he told dad that he saw a cigar shaped craft take off horizontally from the desert.

The Nullarbor has a rich history of UFO sightings... and I might add... an incredibly large network of limestone caves. Many of which are unexplored.

I remember when the Nolan Family was driving across the Nullarbor and were harassed by a UFO that tried to pick the car up. The encounter left dents and residue on the car. One of the tyres was also blown out when the UFO let go of the car which fell back down to the road.

If I remember correctly 'experts' suggest that the black powder residue was carbon from the brakes. Though this could very well be the case, there was certainly a deliberate attempt to debunk these simple folk who were quite defenseless. Quite a character assassination.

I found the account interesting back then and still do today. I'm not completely convinced anyone truly got to the bottom of it. It's still in my gray box!

IRM

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That's for sure! The Nolan family were harassed, called liars and gold-diggers by the media. One of the most amazing close encounters in Australian UFO history was ridiculed and swept under the carpet by investigators. Truly makes me angry to the core.

Whether these encounters are extraterrestrial or not, people that are traumatized like the Nolans were deserve answers. Hell - we all do!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
1969 Kalamunda Case UPDATE

I have contacted Bill Chalker today (Australia's Most Prominent UFO Investigator & Author) under the advice of Diane Frola from AFORN in the hopes that we may be able to track down a photograph of the UFO, or any supplemental information that we may not have covered already within this thread.

I have also asked Bill if he would like to join in the thread and share any of his personal insights but we must keep in mind that he is a very busy person and this may be a very big ask. I will keep you updated on any events as they happen.

IRM

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join