It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs? Aliens? Area 51 Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

UFOs? Aliens? Area 51 Revealed

abcnews.go.com

It's the centerpiece of virtually every modern UFO theory and a symbol for everything the government doesn't tell us.

About an hour's bus ride northwest of Las Vegas, Area 51 is one of the most famous military bases in the world, in part because the government barely acknowledges its existence.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well, phew, now we can all put that to bed once and for all. Thankyou ABC for this thrilling, in-depth and earth shattering report.

I dunno why I posted it, just to show how the MSM tries to introduce topics into the mainstream, trying to make them less fuel for us conspiracy loons! I suppose they don't want the public to ask real questions about Area 51.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

"No one really knew we existed," said Thornton "T.D." Barnes, 72, a former special-projects engineer at Area 51. "Even our wives didn't know where we were going when we left Monday morning and came back Friday evening."

source

No one knew!

Just ATS and every other like minded site

That statement really beggars belief - especially after Independance Day

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

It sounds like one of two things(the rest of the story and the former CIA operative)....

1.Disinfo
2.A old CIA op who didn't know anything that went there except his program,we all know all secret gov. projects are compartmentalized.Also it is commonly believed that a lot of UFOs weren't moved there till much later,like the 70s.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by kiwifoot

It sounds like one of two things(the rest of the story and the former CIA operative)....

1.Disinfo
2.A old CIA op who didn't know anything that went there except his program,we all know all secret gov. projects are compartmentalized.Also it is commonly believed that a lot of UFOs weren't moved there till much later,like the 70s.

Disinfo with a capital DIS!

I mean who are they trying to kid? This has to be an example of the worst reporting I've ever seen! If anything I think people with half a brain will do more research to prove the contrary!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

"No one really knew we existed," said Thornton "T.D." Barnes, 72, a former special-projects engineer at Area 51. "Even our wives didn't know where we were going when we left Monday morning and came back Friday evening."

source

No one knew!

My response is about as intellectual as the report!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There's really nothing left to "reveal" at A51 anymore.

They moved all of the most sensitive projects to Dugway, Holloman, S-4 and other sites scattered nearby.

Publicity and national security make bad bed fellows.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe this is because our old friends at Area 51 have moved to a new more "secure" and "secret" base elsewhere. I mean after all, for one of the worlds most secret bases it's probably the worst kept secret to date!

I would not be at all surprised if we eventually learn that Area 51 is empty - a ghost town now.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
There is some contradiction in the storytellers account,
first off he says no-one knew about Area 51,
and later he says that UFO stories,"made our job easier"
while still speaking in the context of Area 51,
and no mention of Edwards Air Force Base
where the action is supposed to be now!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

certainly not a ghost town, there has been a crap load of new building there in the last year, including a huge hanger and multi spectral sensor tower. Theyve added a couple of runways and several other hanger areas.

Its not going away anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

source

No one knew!

Something tells me you didn't quite grasp the article or the timeline...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah real questions like:

Why is it that we keep getting reports of former employees sickened by toxic chemicals and materials over the last 30 years?

Why is that that these employees have not been compensated for their hard work and sacrifice while working in Americas most top secret base?

Why is it that we are funneling trillions into Groom Lake without Congressional approval, and yet our own tax payer dollars seems to have produced only 3 spy planes in the last 50 years at this facility?

Are there potential hazards connected that may warrant an audit by State, Local, and Federal agencies as to their threat to national safety and security?

If so, how does one attempt to employ measures of accountability within the intelligence and military secrecy stratification that would satisfy both public, and military concerns?

There are serious questions to be asked about Area 51 that don't include alien space craft engineering that really are of grave concern, and should be of grave concern to the residents of Nevada and beyond.

If and when ATS has me sign on the dotted line this may be one of the things I cover. And such questions SHOULD be asked and I will try my best to get those answers. But in the meantime I believe everyone should be asking these very important and crucial questions.

It isn't enough, nor is it necessary for me to know precisely what they are working on. But it is necessary that A51 have some sort of legitimate oversight ensuring that the public is well served and kept safe. It is also VERY prudent that the men and women who have been injured or sickened on the job while working at the facility be given their just and due compensation, and that safety standards are revised to meet the standard safety requirement when dealing with hazardous materials of any kind.

These are the questions Americans need to ask about A51. If we don't then one day we might wake a with a propagating toxic cloud of something coming from the facility, or some secret experiment could go wrong and kill alot of people on A51. The American people don't need specifics. I understand the nature of A51 and I wholeheartedly respect the need for that level of secrecy. But such secrecy must be checked with common sense oversight, not just a Congressional Rubber stamp committee.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Yeah real questions like:

Why is it that we keep getting reports of former employees sickened by toxic chemicals and materials over the last 30 years?

Why is that that these employees have not been compensated for their hard work and sacrifice while working in Americas most top secret base?

Why is it that we are funneling trillions into Groom Lake without Congressional approval, and yet our own tax payer dollars seems to have produced only 3 spy planes in the last 50 years at this facility?

Are there potential hazards connected that may warrant an audit by State, Local, and Federal agencies as to their threat to national safety and security?

If so, how does one attempt to employ measures of accountability within the intelligence and military secrecy stratification that would satisfy both public, and military concerns?

There are serious questions to be asked about Area 51 that don't include alien space craft engineering that really are of grave concern, and should be of grave concern to the residents of Nevada and beyond.

If and when ATS has me sign on the dotted line this may be one of the things I cover. And such questions SHOULD be asked and I will try my best to get those answers. But in the meantime I believe everyone should be asking these very important and crucial questions.

It isn't enough, nor is it necessary for me to know precisely what they are working on. But it is necessary that A51 have some sort of legitimate oversight ensuring that the public is well served and kept safe. It is also VERY prudent that the men and women who have been injured or sickened on the job while working at the facility be given their just and due compensation, and that safety standards are revised to meet the standard safety requirement when dealing with hazardous materials of any kind.

These are the questions Americans need to ask about A51. If we don't then one day we might wake a with a propagating toxic cloud of something coming from the facility, or some secret experiment could go wrong and kill alot of people on A51. The American people don't need specifics. I understand the nature of A51 and I wholeheartedly respect the need for that level of secrecy. But such secrecy must be checked with common sense oversight, not just a Congressional Rubber stamp committee.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by projectvxn]

Well said, I'm glad you posted this as I was more focussed on the poor and blase reporting in the article. Maybe I could forward that to ABC and ask them about this issue which is clearly important?

Kiwifoot.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
they wouldnt be alive that long if they knew anything important,except for the most intelligent and toughest of people they just dont make it.....if you learn something real your hunted like an animal by a force which is millions of years ahead of humans.
and when you are hunted by that force you know fairwell what they are and whats going on and its nothing to do with the cia.....

these are fakes,disinfo the same old cover up pretending to be the truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
HAHAHAH Ok great thread.

Anyways.

I found this info first going here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Elevatedone, informed me that this was already being discussed and closed the thread.

He directed me here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad I had finally found my way I read on, but then got to Semperfortis telling me THIS WAS ALREADY BEING DISCUSSED!!! OMGAD

So he closed the thread and finally pointed me HERE.

Thanks for reading my short story on the brilliant coordination by ATS staff.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

source

No one knew!

Perhaps you missed the part were it says he is 72 years old.....
You and I may know of Area 51's existence, TODAY, but back in his day, it was obviously not a widely known fact.

new topics

top topics

join