It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned Xbox 360 Commercial!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If this is what the world has come to...and Ads like these are getting banned..

www.youtube.com...

We used to play "bang bang" your dead" as kids all the time....didn't we ??

how does an ad like this get banned ?

What is expected of us...as humans ? no emotion, no joy ?

Are we expected to be robots ?

Where has our freedom gone ?

are our kinds going to get banned from playing cowboys and crooks soon ???

it's a sad sad world we live in!

EDIT TO ADD!!

I mean oh my god, hello, it's a bunch of people holding their FINGERS up at each other...going BANG BANG at each other,,,and it gets BANNED!!!!!!

it makes me sick,.,,,,even worse, it makes me just want to die...when something as STUPID as that gets banned..

insane!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You can thank your good friends at the church for this one i'd imagine.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
that was really was of the best ad's ive seen for heaps !!!!

How good is the part with the grenade around the corner
gold...

Ahhhh yet more evidence of the world taking itself way tooo seriously....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Political Correctness gone rancid again. What's new!

It is amazing that every second Hollywood movie has guns, blood and big orange explosions yet pointing a finger gets censored. Oh the horror!

IRM

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Maybe it got banned because they were afraid the masses would pee themselves with laughter.
I thought it was hilarious. It was nice to see adults "playing" again instead of taking themselves so seriously.

This commercial should be aired for comic relief alone.

Censors "FAIL"

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Great commercial. I totally love the girl with the grenade.

Watching this commercial brings back great childhood memeories playing Cops & Robbers with all the neighborhood kids.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That's a great ad!
Banning that makes no sense at all.
For me it exactly shows the spirit of online gaming, running around feeling like a kid again.

I think it's time to censor the censors

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I assume they are banning it because games are interactive....i hope..
otherwise i see no valid reason for banning this really awesome ad!

Im still stuck on our Australian game ratings! we are not allowed any games over a MA +15 rating, even though the age of the average gamer is 33, nevermind that every friday night from 9pm here in oz we are bombarded with sexual images for mobile ads...

yet around 80% more kids watch tv from around that time on weekends...weird huh...

strangest thing about our ozzie gaming laws...hear this...

we got games available over here rated M15+...meaning kids around the age of 13 to 15 get to play these games...yet the same games the kids here in oz play are rated Mature or 18+ in other countries...strange..huh ??

i have a game, right now....it has 2 ratings...one is 18+ and the other is 15 plus..the 15 rating is obviousely the oz rating...meaning kiddies here in oz are allowed to play games 18 years or older kids aren't allowed to play in the US...how messed up is that ??

doesn't make sense does it ???

and our country says it wants to "protect" our kids from this kinds of violence, yet they REFUSE to introduce a 18+ rating for games

doesnt make any sense....does it ?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh I see now what you're talking about. I thought the commercial was banned because they were shooting the "Finger" at each other as in F U and not holding the finger like a gun.

I agree this is normal and all the kids in my suburb play these games. Somebody overeacted to another non issue.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Excellent ad

Pity its banned.. obviously a storm in a teacup about the whole gun thing. Stupid censors.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I see this as harmless satire and parody. The message I interpret is the games are nothing but harmless role play and fun.

For those that disagree, I have yet to see a person that is so desensitized by games that they are not completely shocked at the sight of real violence.

No game can prepare a person for real violence. In fact, the games serve to create a stark contrast to reality and actually contribute to a person being more shocked by real violence than they might normally be.

Censors are like Psychotics. Both confuse fantasy role play with reality.
IMHO.

BTW: For those not aware, my avatar is from a computer RPG called Max Payne. There are three games based on the "hard boiled" detective who fights the mob. The first game was released in 2001. They are all available online and offer many hours of fun. I'm over 50, and reliving my childhood, so give me a break.

I am also a fan of games like Hitman, FarCry, Halo, Doom, Rainbow Six Three, Morrowind, Oblivion, and many others.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

max payne......sigh....i loved that game!

The memories...

oh wait, but according to censorist game critics im supposed to be a druggie murderer cause i played that game....but im not ?? weird, what went wrong ?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What a great advert.

kinda reminds me of the gun-fight scenes from 'spaced'.... Hang on i'll find it...

www.youtube.com...

hehe ^^

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
What a great advert.

kinda reminds me of the gun-fight scenes from 'spaced'.... Hang on i'll find it...

www.youtube.com...

hehe ^^

weird, wonder why that wasnt banned

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
stupid to ban it. Wouldn't we all love to play GTA IV deathmatch on Live?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This wreaks of Tipper Gore. She made it her signature cause while Al was VP to campaign against those nasty violent video games.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sad to see censorship take away a really funny commercial.

Compare this commercial to the thousands of action movies where all those people would have been pictured bullet ridden, carrying some top secret sub machine guns... Would they have filtered it out of the theaters?? I really doubt it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Best ad ever.

All it needed was to be filmed better.

It needed some slow mo.
It also would have been cool if they zoomed in on someone when they got shot like it was the bullet firing and hitting them.

The start was the best part for sure. And the sniper falling and hanging from the rope.
Two thumbs up for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
No offense, but why post an old video from 2005?

I don't think this really warrants the creation of a new thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
haha that's a funny commercial, i remember a few years ago when it was first released it sorta went viral online.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join