It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Push Immigration Bill Despite the Risks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Obama to Push Immigration Bill Despite the Risks

www.nytimes.com

By JULIA PRESTON
Published: April 8, 2009

While acknowledging that the recession makes the political battle more difficult, President Obama plans to begin addressing the country’s immigration system this year, including looking for a path for illegal immigrants to become legal, a senior administration official said on Wednesday.

Mr. Obama will frame the new effort — likely to rouse passions on all sides of the highly divisive issue — as “policy reform that controls immigration and makes it an orderly system,” said the official, Cecilia Muñoz, deputy assistant to the president and director of intergovernmental affairs in the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well here we go. The government plans to slap the American people in the face yet again, this time by rewarding illegal aliens with citizenship. They don’t give a damn what “We the People” say on any issue.

Upon entering the country, the very first law that an immigrant faces is the immigration law. To break the very first law that they encounter is a slap in the face of all Americans, especially those that have become citizens through legal means. Furthermore, if the immigration law is broken and they are here illegally why would they adhere to any other law we have.

Of course, to legalize illegal aliens is politically expedient for those who are guaranteeing their political futures at taxpayer expense and the at the expense of our agreed upon laws.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A couple years ago they did a poll and something like 80% of the American people were against all out amnesty. Things will be heating up later on this year over the immigration agenda. It always does.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's being used to distract people. Obama knows this has no chance of support. I'm an immigrant and I don't support this. We need to follow our CURRENT laws and regulation regarding immigrants of all status ESPECIALLY illegals.

The economy isn't going so well for him right now. Americans actually think Obama has something to do with this bear market rally. I'm sure they'll push this bill through to distract people away from the fact that his economic policies are a disaster. While the war was going badly Bush and the GOP brought up illegals and gays and no one payed attention to the war for about 2 years. They all but forgot about Afghanistan.

Something big is coming up. Keeps your eyes out for national and international financial news.

Like a small crash in the dollar.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I remember this video when Obama told someone
their children should learn Spanish - here in America -

While it is a great idea to know more than one language -
I think his response was rather odd (and insensitive)
and a crystal clear indication that he
would be doing what he is doing in regards to immigration.

Obama: Your kids should learn Spanish

hotair.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The President is supposed to be representing the American people.
HES NOT.
Three Lines.
4 lines to say get him the hell out of that chair.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manwin
A couple years ago they did a poll and something like 80% of the American people were against all out amnesty. Things will be heating up later on this year over the immigration agenda. It always does.

Back in May or June of 2007 Bush and the libs were trying to push an amnesty bill through and it was defeated in the legislature due to massive numbers of calls to legislator’s offices voicing opposition to amnesty.

I have no opposition to legal immigration and my arms are open to those who want to come to America to become Americans but I want the illegals out.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

hotair.com...

Wow. Interesting. I hadn't heard of that before. Thanks for the link.

Another reason he wants to push through a huge immigration bill, it's speculated, is because of the Democrat voter demographic gains that come along with amnesty.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Back in May or June of 2007 Bush and the libs were trying to push an amnesty bill through and it was defeated in the legislature due to massive numbers of calls to legislator’s offices voicing opposition to amnesty.

I have no opposition to legal immigration and my arms are open to those who want to come to America to become Americans but I want the illegals out.

Yeah, I remember that. There were mass rallies in the streets out west leading up to that legislation.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

hotair.com...

I have no opposition to a requirement that all high school graduates learn another language. The American education system is dreadful at best and making kids learn is only to their advantage in the long run. I do not, however, think that Spanish should be mandatory. There are other languages out there as well.

His assertion that kids should learn Spanish only served the lefts agenda to pander to Latino’s to buy their votes and that is just what he is doing to with amnesty.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If this passes, it will be even more difficult to find a job.

The cost-cutting corporations that control virtually every facet economically will capitalize on this pronto. (As if they haven't already.) Think of it: work-hungry LEGALIZED immigrants who will work at any given wage. Score another point for Corporate America!

Good-bye middle class.

GLOBALIZATION IS IMMINENT!

Suppose we did achieve a world-government in the near future. What would happen if we got another Hitler or Nero as emperor/president/king?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by LactoseIntolerant]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Wow. Interesting. I hadn't heard of that before. Thanks for the link.

Another reason he wants to push through a huge immigration bill, it's speculated, is because of the Democrat voter demographic gains that come along with amnesty.

I think you are correct.
The truth is - it is a HUGE demographic now.
And the 2nd and 3rd generation of American born legals
born of illegals is growing in great numbers.
We all know that this is true -

Send illegals back home - and piss off the rest of the family - so to speak.

Now - let me also say -
I am not a racist - I think everyone should learn to get along.
I am just making a statement about what has happened.
I DO think it would be nice if everyone planning to work - anywhere -
for any length of time -
really would try to learn the language of the country.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Yea once again finding loopholes to throw illegals through. Why don't we just give them honorary houses money and cars. Oh wait that's right we do ain't America the land of opportunity for anybody but real Americans.? Maybe we should all move to Canada and see how long it takes the Canucks to kick us out. Or ofcourse we could go to Mexico and play shootout with the assh@le druglords there that would be fun and educational give me a friggin break with O'bama's new plan looks like we're all heading to that big prisoncamp retirement home in the sky.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah that's a good way to help all the unemployed Americans, make legal status possible for almost 12 million illegals
after all he won't be intriducing new workers into the job force, merely recognizing the illegals that are already working in it

With millions of Americans unemployed, losing their homes, etc this man's idea of changing things for the better is to ignore the fact that they're here illegally and reward them by giving them legal status

He says he wants illegals that have been long time residents to have some mechanism to get out of the shadows (while screwing us in the process), i know a perfect way he can get them out of the shadows, send all their illegal asses back home!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I remember the last time they had this debate, I went outside and noticed isolated masses of Vatos (Mostly Middle School/High Schools Kids), waving El Salvadoran flags and chanting for Amnesty. Honestly, this did nothing but further harden my stance against such, as a majority of Illegal Immigrants from South of the Border obviously do not respect this Nation, or for what it stands.

I grew up in an area with a great amount of diversity, but time and time again the one group which always acted arrogant, bullying, and downright spiteful was the Hispanic community consisting mostly of Illegals. Even the Legal Hispanics that I am friends with HATE the Illegals. They cannot stand these individuals, and many Legal Hispanics have in fact fled the Historically Hispanic Neighborhoods due to this. I now hear about Illegals bringing Chickens to the neighborhoods nearby, and they allow them, and their dogs, pets, etc., to run freely all over the place as if they still live in Mexico or Central America. It is absolutely filthy and disgusting.

As for the Amnesty idea, if President Obama, along with the Upper and Lower Houses of Congress ever pass it, we will be facing a MAJOR grasp of control of this Nation away from us, and straight into the hands of 30 Million Non-Americans.

This will lead towards our eventual dissolution as a United and Free Nation of Liberty and Justice, as we well descend into a Country unrecognizable to our Forefathers and Ancestors.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum

Yea once again finding loopholes to throw illegals through. Why don't we just give them honorary houses money and cars.

Speaking of cars, why is it that every Illegal I come across has a nice brand new Vehicle? I see Illegals with BMW M5's which cost upwards of $60,000 +, and Escalades with Huge Rims, Loaded Heavy with Sound Systems, DVD Players, even Hydraulics and Custom paint jobs to boot. Yet, here are my Legal Immigrant friends who drive whatever they can purchase with their paychecks, they support Family both at home and abroad, and they break down into tears the moment they recite their citizenship pledge.

It just DOES NOT make ANY sense whatsoever.

BTW, here is my family, all of whom are public servants (Mother a School Teacher for over 20 years, Father 30 Years in the USN), and they are fortunate if they can purchase a new car every 10-15 years, pay their mortgage, bills, insurance costs, and so forth. Whereas these Illegals have everything which my folks worked their entire lives for, and more, but they receive it in a fraction of the time, and by breaking the rules.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well not we know why he wants to create one million jobs, have to make the ones already holding jobs illegally, legal, so the numbers look good on job creation, after all where are the million jobs after all?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well not we know why he wants to create one million jobs, have to make the ones already holding jobs illegally, legal, so the numbers look good on job creation, after all where are the million jobs after all?

I heard on the news today Obama is going to push this EVEN IF it isn't met with huge popularity. And I don't think it will be met with any kind of support, BECAUSE of our current job situation. I doubt Obama wants to take this on NOW. I have a feeling they're (Nancy Pelosi and the Dems) using Obama's political capital. They want this immigration reform crammed through ASAP.

IMO Obama is between a rock and a hard place; people will not at all be happy about this. This could be political suicide for Obama.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

I think that making millions of illegal legal in America will be the factor for him to take hold of the presidential seat for another 4 years after all the sooner he does it the faster the new voters will be ready for next elections.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Manwin

I think that making millions of illegal legal in America will be the factor for him to take hold of the presidential seat for another 4 years after all the sooner he does it the faster the new voters will be ready for next elections.

Yep. This is true what you said. That's another reason why they want this rushed - not only because of the next Presidential election - but because the 2010 elections are coming up; Pelosi and the gang might not have control of the house in 2010.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Manwin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join