It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Panic Conspiracy by Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Honestly, I believe that if LaVey had chosen a less sensational name for satanism (a name which he frequently admitted having chosen for its 'shock value alone'; LaVeyan satanism doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the Christian satan), then it would have a much easier time finding acceptance; his action in naming his new religion was very much akin to somebody founding a new sect of the Democratic party and naming it "Alternative Communism" while taking action against the existing Communist party.

That said, I have no real problem with LaVeyan satanists; they're no worse than secular humanists, when it comes right down to it. However, the silly little high school punks that take it upon themselves to worship satan himself, dabbling in the black arts and performing all manner of baseless rituals that do nothing more than waste a perfectly good chicken/cat/grandmother/whatever... it's THEM with whom I find myself at odds. There are forces that don't need to be messed with, and there will come a time, probably not too far off from now, that the lines of moral division will be the lines dividing opposing sides in some terrestrial war.

All IMO, of course, based solely on research and personal belief.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think the teens who mess around with the occult/oujia boards/satan etc are playing a very dangerous game. Something teens think satanism is "cool" and trying to contact demons through a oujia board is a fun party trick. Most of them end in possesion etc and some far worse.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That's another thing... kids following a religion, whether it be athiesm, Laveyan satanism, satan worship, paganism, wicca, or whatever, because it's 'cool'. You have no idea how many "fashion wiccans" I know... they think it's all about dressing in black, wearing an ankh around your neck, and pretending to be Harry freakin' Potter whenever somebody pisses them off.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I know, its shocking knowing how many kids do something stupid 'cause its "cool". I know alot of people who claim to be satanist, most of them are wannabe LaVey satanists who haven't even read the satanic bible.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
yeah there is play play satanism and then there is REAL hardcore Black Magik. If you look into Voodoo and other black magic rituals there is extreme power in it but you lose your soul in the process. Of course play play stuff just prepares the young for the real deal. Look at how the Occult has penetrated modern life, from movies to books. Especially childrens books. Like halloween is just fun right? Find out the root of that holiday please for yourself. Its the day of the dead, where you appease and worship evil spirits. Jesus said those who hate me LOVE and COURT death!

So a line has to be drawn between bull# satanism and the real deal. Anton LeVay is one thing, Alesitar Crowley is another. The man who was a hero for the beatles , read up on him..find out what he was into.
(His face is on the cover of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band one of the highest record sales of all time)

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
yeah there is play play satanism and then there is REAL hardcore Black Magik. If you look into Voodoo and other black magic rituals there is extreme power in it but you lose your soul in the process.

I've heard many stories of people who have messed around with black magik and its drove them insane

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Braatz]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
it is on channel two abc right now.

correct me if i am wrong is black magic not the intent to draw harm unto an individual.

then you are only harming yourself, even if there was no karma train!

wHy FiAgHT yaUrsELF?

[Edited on 4/23/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
As for the Red Scare, I don't think that was set up by Christians anymore. It was this nation demonizing an enemy. It was for political motivations, not religious, that people were accused of being communists.
The Red Scare (namely Communism) was what my grandfather called,"A God fearing Christian Americans greatest enemies". If you dig a bit deeper you'll find a distinct christian influence buried amongst the politics. Christianity has had a major part in much of histories greatest atrocities from their blind eye during the Holocaust to Slavery to the manifest destiny and the rape of the Indian culture. I'm not pointing fingers at just Christians but down through history you'll find a christian presence in some of the blackest times.

[Edited on 4-24-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
So a line has to be drawn between bull# satanism and the real deal. Anton LeVay is one thing, Alesitar Crowley is another. The man who was a hero for the beatles , read up on him..find out what he was into.
(His face is on the cover of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band one of the highest record sales of all time)
Crowley wasn't a Satanist.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The christain religion is messed up as all religions are thier is only one true religion and it is the way of god.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't think there's any doubt in anybodies minds that all religions and denominations have their faults and skeletons.

Christianity as a whole though seems to have a nice little track record though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join