It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Panic Conspiracy by Christians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
For years Christian churches have been responsible for the unjust arrests of countless people from daycare workers, parents, teachers and siblings. Being a part of one of the more "extreme" christian denominations in the late 80's/early 90's I was a witness to quite a bit of Christian propaganda against Satanists and their admittedly melodramatic antics and appearances. Being on the other side of the "stick" I now see quite a bit more of this propaganda and some of the tactics being used by the christian churches...I'm wondering what your opinions are on this...whether you're a christian or simpathetic to the satanists plight, whether you believe it's unjustified or not.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Satanist who follower the Anton LaVey "satanic bible" do not believe the christian concept on Satan. These Satanist are harmless people, im a turned catholic who's has a close friend who an Modern Satanist and we don't have a problem.

Now the satanist who believe the christian concept of Satan and see satan as a God and are against christian values now i don't agree with. I've heard rumors which true satanist do like rital abuse etc and im strongly against against that form of satanism.

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A friend of mine posted this in another forum:

"Hey guys,
OK, so as most of you know, it's Chains on Friday 16th April at the Waterfront.
Well, it appears this month's poster has attracted the attention of certain members of the Norwich Catholic community, who have made a particularly harsh complaint about the night, not only referring to the various stereotypical bigoted opinions of goths, but also calling the Waterfront a 'den of iniquity.' They have demanded that this months poster be withdrawn immediately.
So i think to myself, should i pull the poster, or, should i milk this situation for all it's worth? Hmm.
Well, 'Mr Catholic' has threatened to raise a posse of his Catholic buds' and form a picket outside Chains next week to try and convert as many of us dastardly goths away from sin as possible. For real.
This is the best news i've had all year. You can't buy this kind of publicity. What better reason to get yo' ass down to the Waterfront on a Friday night?!?
As a result, im gonna keep my ear to the ground to try and find out for certain whether this is actually going to happen, but by all accounts 'Mr Catholic' was very stern in his threats.
Therefore, in response, may i suggest an optional dress code for this month's event:

::Chains On Velvet - Nuns & Priests Special::

Friday 16th April 2004
Upstairs @ The Waterfront, King St., Norwich, Norfolk
10pm - 3am
�4.50 / �3.50 NUS on the door
Dress To Distress (with optional nuns and priests fancy dress!)"

Why any group would be up in arms over a poster or flyer seems ridiculous to me. How threatened do you have to feel by such a little thing in order to take such action on your part?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I'm curious, could you provide links? No one should be jailed for their beliefs. I've said it time and time again, Though I may disagree with what you say, I will defend your right to say it with my life.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Im with Jungle Jake. Some links could help please. Sounds interesting.

Deep

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.holysmoke.org...

Here's just one...it's a simple Google search thing to find many more links similar to this in which false accusations of satanic abuse has placed people unjustly in prison or jail.

I'm not looking to put down anybodies faith...I'm just curious to get opinions from people on how they feel regarding this kind of campaign against another set of values and beliefs.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

"It's very interesting, three hundred years after the Salem witch hunts, to see a small group of rather credulous mental health professionals resurrecting old myths," he [Dutton] says.

Sadly, this is where we see, as we've seen so often since news began to be printed and had to compete, where the smallest minority get all the press. They're the sensationalistic people, the ones where we'll pick up the paper in disbelief to read about it. However, there are people who believe it's the majority who get press coverage just as they believe the Weekly World News and the Sun.

Should they be allowed to say such things? Absloutly. Without a doubt I will support anyone's right to free speach. Are they right? No, of course not. Satanism, as it was believed to be in the middle ages, was over exagerated by the powers that be. And it has undergone a massive change over the centuries. From what I understand, (and I could be wrong, this is just the description a Satanist I know gave me) it is more a religion against the establishment, so to speak. He put it much more eloquently, I'm kind of mashing it. But he said it wasn't a bunch of people who get together, sacrifice babies, worship the Dark One, etc. It is more of an intellectual religion that wishes for anarchy.

I only found one section talking about arrests on that page, and that was talking about unsubstantiated child abuse arrests. One of which was based on the testamony of a 3 year old made behind closed doors to one woman, who didn't record it or take notes.

EDIT: I agree with WorldW, good post
(this is happening way too often!) Don't think it's just Christians who are causing this panic, though, but I think some of them are part of it.

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
alot of what was going on with people who were being pointed out who were harmless satanists or people who appear to be satanists and really arent is because the media got the word on high from some of those in the highest places in government in order to start a witch hunt against said people to cover up for there own deviant practices which they were perpatrating themselves and this tactic would distract the people from what they were doing....after this was debunked they started a campaign against lone child molesters...of course this would help take the peoples minds off all the missing children and what was really going on .....the fact is all theese missing children cannot be blamed on lone perverts......
see ocelots thread on the conspiracy of missing children or slaves thread on "CIA and Satanism"
Theese people that you speak of preest were being blamed to take the heat off those in high places for acts they themselves were perpatrating......
Good post

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
and the christians you speak of here preest are said chrisitians like Pat robertson and Robert schuller and some others who are 33rd degree masons and are tied directly to The christian coalition and the Bush administration....hypocrites of the worst order

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm not looking to put down anybodies faith...I'm just curious to get opinions from people on how they feel regarding this kind of campaign against another set of values and beliefs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The earth is flat, and anyone who disputes this claim
is an atheist who deserves to be punished."
[Muslim religious edict, 1993
Sheik Abdel-Aziz Ibn Baaz
Supreme religious authority, Saudi Arabia]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"To assert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous
as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin."
[Cardinal Bellarmino 1615, during the trial of Galileo]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting, no ?

Should they have been allowed to say such things ?

Deep

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Interesting, no ?

Should they have been allowed to say such things ?

Deep

Yes, yes, yes! As I've said so many times before, they should be allowed to say that. In both cases, the people who said that were outside the US (1615 europe was fairly non-free...) in states where freedom of speach is not allowed, but here, in America, they should be able to say whatever they wish.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
all the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players performers and portrayers each anothers audience outside the gilded cage

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Say what you want, I don't care. But when you actually go and try to force people to believe, that's where I have a problem. It seems we have a new Inquisition running amok- everything not-Christian is persecuted. To know that tax dollars were spent like this on a ridiculous witch hunt apalls me. We actually covered this in first-year psych. Here where I am now, there have been seven accounts of demonic worship in the past two years. Population of the county: 21076.

The problem is association. It's called leading....when a psychiatrist says "Were you sexually abused as a child?" your mind immediately leaps to the conclusion that you were. Now, I'm not claiming that every case is like that, but there are quite a few that are. There is absolutely NO possible way to remember anything before roughly the age of five. Even before and around that age, children have trouble telling the difference between reality and fantasy. ALso, in a hypnotic state, all you're sprouting is fantasy. Freud even gave it up after about three months.

I am by no means trying to degrade the actual victims of such abuse- my heart goes out to you. However, these are the clinical facts.

DE

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i agree with you to a point Deus but i do remember many things before i was five but ive talked to many who barely rember kindergarden so your correct as far as that gos

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I would like to point out that the intent of this post was never to deny anybody no matter what belief system they held of their right of free speech...everybody, should have the right to free speech until it infringes upon the rights of another. Which in some cases this was done.

Christians, of course, have not been the only faith to bring about this type of persecution to an opposing faith or belief system but the Christian faith have had such a long running streak of their persecution. From the Inquisition, Crusades and Witchhunts to, in my opinion, the Red Scare and Hollywood Black Balling...it seems to me the Christian faith as a whole has started continued their scare tactics in order to step up the guilt and sin and fill their pews...

if you feel you're a good christian then I truly apologize for you being offended by my opinion. I respect true christians but I rarely meet them nowadays.

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I would just like to make the point that being a Christian means to try to live the life Jesus lived. To walk the walk, not just talk the talk, so to speak. The Inquisition, Crusades and Witchhunts to, the Red Scare and Hollywood Black Balling do not fit that bill.

If you're going to walk the walk, you will not attack someone for their faith. What part of turn the other cheek says turn the other cheek and shoot?

However, He has also presented examples that we need to police our own brothers and sisters. When he busted into the temple, and knocked over the money changers tables, he was doing this because the Jews were not following the faith they claimed to be. (All Christians were Jews at the time, FYI for those who may not know that.) Unfortunatelly, those of us who do try to walk the walk don't always understand this, and just shake our heads when we hear about people like Robertson. I, however, do not, and I try to convince my brothers and sisters to do the same. We have to stop the few from giving the whole a really bad name.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Funny, what ever happened to the most fundamental of all tenants laid down by Jesus ?

Love thy Neigbour

If your going to call yourself Christian/Islamic/Hindu/Etc......atleast follow thier teachings.

Suicide is condemed in Islam, yet these mem/women still go against thier teachings........

I agree with JungeJake.

Its not the meek nor the powerfull who shall inherit this earth, its those who cooperate.

Deep

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately some of the more extreme churches can and do spread this hysteria for the sole purpose of keeping the faithful in line. Now, I havn't heard of anyone going to jail or any thing like that, but these kind of extreme views seem to lead to deplorable action on the part of the members, like say, killing their own children.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ok, I've been doing some research, and might have to retract what I said about the crusades and the salem witch trials. I'm still gathering evidence, but this is what I've found so far.

Salem Witch Trials were actually brought to a close by a CHRISTIAN minister. They may have been conducted in the name of Christ, but when a true believer saw this, he took action against it.

Crusades
Done more research on this then the witch trials. The trials only claimed the lives of a couple dozen, while the crusades were on a much larger scale. I heard a great analogy today on the radio.

Douglas Macarthur invaded the Pillipines, attacking, killing, and booting out the inhabitants who were in there. He even announced that he would do this a couple years earlier. He conducted an imperialistic war on the inhabitants.

This is very similar to what is said about the Crusades. As we all (should) know, Douglas Macarthur did invade the Pillipines, and said he would when he said "I shall return". He was kicking the Japanese, an imperialistic force at the time, out of the Philipines. We do not, however, all know about the Muslim crusade that took place before the first Christian crusade. The muslims had invaded the Holy Land and took it over. They took out churches and established mosks where they stood. The crusades were an attempt to take that back.

I'm not justifying the attrocities that were committed by both sides durring those 4 wars, just putting a new slant on what we all "know".

As for the inqusition, it wasn't just the Jews and pagans they condemned. They also condemned Christians to torture and death if they did not believe in the Spanish Church's doctrine.

As for the Red Scare, I don't think that was set up by Christians anymore. It was this nation demonizing an enemy. It was for political motivations, not religious, that people were accused of being communists.

I'll have more on these as I find out more. I may have to retract what I said here as I discover more, I don't know. Some may call it waffleing, I call it intelectual honesty. I may want to believe something, but I'm not going to force myself to do so in the face of contradictory information.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
OK from what I know about this:

There is as much Occult today in some "christian" churchs than in a satanic cult. I know a guy in a fundementalist church, they know just about EVERYTHING about black witchcraft etc and are involved in "spiritual warfare." Some call them "Occult Christians"

I think there are Satanists around who do abuse people etc to gain satanic power. Sure Satan has those who worship him, politicians and most of those who ever get anywhere in the world and become successful get it via direct or indirect power from the prince of darkness.

The thing to remeber in my opinon is that the major deception will not come from the seculiar world but from the church itself. Churchs today accept and play with things that the original early church would NEVER tolerate or allow. Maybe it is in fact real hardcore Satanist who have infultrated churchs that have influenced and brought in Satan inspired principles.

I think there are some hardcore things that happen in the name of satan all around the world every 3 mins but they will only be known of at judgement day.

Anyway if your not worshipping God who the # are you worshipping? If you dont get power from God who the # are you getting it from??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join