It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian thomlinson bank of england memorial/pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by Reading

Whilst you may have had a sound motive, vandalism is vandalism, pure and simple. Just look at the painted and markered slogans all over the sides of the buildings...It really cheapens the effect of 'law abiding peaceful protest'

I hope you have the privilige of scrubbing off those messages that your comrades scrawled up there by hand with a bucket of soapy water and a nail-brush.

wow somebody clearly is having a bad day!

did you not read my post? the one where i said i realise it is criminal damage and i shouldnt of been so stupid and wrote on the floor? vandalism is vandalism but it is not pure and simple like you said, people wrote those messages while locked inside a police cordon for 6.5 hours and the others to pay respects to ian so its not so simple when you hear all the facts?

its the lesser of two evils, all around it was a peacefull protest but when you lock people in id rather them "vandalise" the walls then fight the police wouldnt you?

Im sure that would cheapen the effect of 'law abiding peaceful protest' alot more then writing "slogans" on the wall dont you think?

although i dont regret what i wrote i dont mind if i end up cleaning it off the walls thats a just punishment in my eyes tell you what if i do end up cleaning it with soapy water and a brush ill get a picture for you and post it up it sounds like you might enjoy that from the tone of your post.

lighten up mate not everything is so black and white

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Clearly, the 'writing is on the wall' , but not for long though, eh

At least you can be assured that whilst the messages may be long gone, you will forever have a record of your achievements...a criminal one

(not to mention being included in the 'DNA Hall of Fame')

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
And don't forget, if you were DNA tested and printed, and you don't get charged, you can have your details removed from the system
(but you have to go through a process)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by Reading

Clearly, the 'writing is on the wall' , but not for long though, eh

At least you can be assured that whilst the messages may be long gone, you will forever have a record of your achievements...a criminal one

(not to mention being included in the 'DNA Hall of Fame')

its ok to come back with a cheap joke when you cant come back with anything else, but dont quit the day job ok mate?

i dont need a criminal record to remember anything i have the pics in this very thread remember? dont know what the personal attacks about like i said you having a bad day? i dont pretend to be know angel trust me i know im far from it but i suppose you have never done nothing wrong in your life no?

if you came from native american lineage your name would be

HIGH HORSE

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Citizen Smith...Your comments are crass, pompous and irritating.

Great story OP....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

thanks aliens its nice to know there is like minded people out there!
just wish i could of shown more saw some amazing stuff that day acid tastic has some good threads goin too need to keep this stuff in peoples minds, apart from minds like citizens smith obvouisly

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
if you came from native american lineage your name would be

HIGH HORSE

Better 'High Horse' than 'Bleats with sheep'

touche!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by citizen smith]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

bleats with sheep? im a little bit lost could you please explain? i know what it means obviously but i dont know what you are implying,that im a sheep?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for posting this report it is very informing.
It is important that people can see in what kind of world we life.

Please dont let your self be distracted from your original goal.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading

bleats with sheep? im a little bit lost

Don't worry, those shepherds in dayglow jackets and uniforms will take care of the herd...just as they did the other wednesday

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Its true i shouldnt entertain distraction i know what to you are saying. I only came here spread the message about the memorial and to answer some question if people have any sound advice

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

ok pal you obvouisly have some hang ups and an agenda to stick to and im not gonna entertain it like i said stick to the topic if you got any questions ill be happy to answer them for you.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Fantastic post, still don't understand why he was attacked, apart from just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, sad story, but there will be many more imho!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fasrind

pretty much everybody was attacked one way or another that day its a shame because it was a really good atmosphere in the day

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I saw some of the live coverage on BBC, crowd seemed good natured, but one shot sticks in my min. Riot Police shoving, and seemingly taking a swing with their truncheons (batons) at peaceful protesters. Then the shot changed very quickly, as if the command had come down from on high? I've seen Police provoking trouble at first hand, gone so far as to make an official complaint, eventually got a written apology from someone in an office somewhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
thats how i think they justify it to themselves, they get an "order" from high up they probably feel pressured into doing things they might not do otherwise, what happens if they dont follow an order? disaplinary?

ha an apology from some office somewhere, real personal then huh?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yep real personal, probably some secretary typing out a standard letter, full of words, but no meaning. A lot of my friends couldn't believe I made a complaint, thoug I had to get the PC's no.s from the charge sheet, they refused to give me their numbers, this was back in '91

top topics

<< 1   >>

join