It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Understand Why We Are In A Global Depression? Read This Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Basically this says many of the things I have been saying about our current situation and reasons behind it. I don't know how capable we are of achieving the goals this foundation seeks, but think they are admirable. I tend to think that we need conflict to be happy. This is how we are biologically wired, but we could improve on that. Anyone ever watch the Movie "Serenity" from the Firefly series? They PTB tried to create a world where there were no conflicts, and everyone died from indifference, except those that went stark raving mad and became ravers?

Here are links to threads that I have started offering what I think are the solutions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Good one friend. Take a close look at my signature statement and the link at the end of it.

I wonder how many watched the full 1 hour and 30 minute video you posted.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

And so we meet again sir. BTW, I would love to see your avatar back up.

I will check out your threads.
Keep safe.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Star and a flag I have already seen all the videos you recommend and think that any citizen of a free world should see the videos to truly understand money. Its amazing how little detail they go over money in school considering its one of the more prominent issues in everyones lives. Lets face it without money its quite hard to survive so why not teach people how money works. Nice thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Hey John, how's it going?

I posted my avatar in my pictures as per the instruction, assigned it as my avatar, and it was present for awhile, but now isn't being displayed. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Hope you like the ideas on those threads. I wish they were getting more traffic, as we all do with our lines cast.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So what would you say about india..? would you say that the us have realised what the chinese are up to and will cosy up to them ...

or could this be the real reason why their puppet "obama" (talking about the NWO now ) is going on a supposedly trip around europe by appeasing them in order to help keep them at the top of the world economy....

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
A thank you to everyone who has flagged and starred this thread! You all deserve a free tax stimulus check

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadazuma
reply to post by projectvxn

So what would you say about india..? would you say that the us have realised what the chinese are up to and will cosy up to them ...

or could this be the real reason why their puppet "obama" (talking about the NWO now ) is going on a supposedly trip around europe by appeasing them in order to help keep them at the top of the world economy....

Don't concern yourself with India. They are being used too. So is the EU. In much the same way we are being used. India is an emerging economy much like China was in the 1980s and 90s. But India has focused, over the last couple of decades, on maintaining their military and social services. They are not involved directly, though their interventions in FOREX have been markedly high, much if not all of that money has wound up in China for raw materials...The two may not be friends, but India needs China.

As far as the NWO is concerned, remember that the NWO is not one cohesive organization. It is built of several all working for their own needs. The only thing that would make them cohesive is their meetings at the UN, the World Economic Forum, and the G-20, as the crime bosses need a place to discuss turf every now and then. China is working to change that dynamic. Normally these organization are lead by western interests. China will have none of it knowing it is the only country in the world that can challenge the dollar.

Americans being as naive as they are(I'm one of them) think that the dollars prominence is guaranteed, but that's just like saying we have the best education in the world when we're 53rd in the world, or saying we have the best health care in the world when we are 103rd in quality health care.

They're myths we tell ourselves to make us feel better about how fragile this whole thing really is. It certainly is time for America to wake up and pay attention to where this nation is going. Irrespective of what China does our future is still in our hands. And if we don't figure this crap out already, we are going to be in for several decades of pain.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Americans being as naive as they are(I'm one of them) think that the dollars prominence is guaranteed, but that's just like saying we have the best education in the world when we're 53rd in the world, or saying we have the best health care in the world when we are 103rd in quality health care.

You can actually make a very strong argument that we are the worst in both education and health care, on a per-dollar-spent basis.

Nice analysis, as always.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Great informative post, Tentickles! I have a money riddle for you...

Q. What is the difference between a USA $5 dollar bill and a USA $50 dollar bill?

What's that you say? $45.00...oh no, no!

A. It's the arrangement of the ink on the paper, that's all. 'Cause neither of the little pieces of green paper are backed by anything except confidence...get it? CON-fidence. It is a big CON game and we all loose.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
we have to please the Bilderburg Hotel guests so that the little foolish ones can have their one world currency.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Excellent post sums up the rank situation we all find ourselves in, I have to laugh when Rockerfella states that the Internet is such a risk when really it is kind with their black hearts that have caused this. Unfortunatley barring a massive revolution their patented Boom - Bust cycle is here to stay

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Hiya:

Interesting thread. There is a lot going on in the world in terms to the money game. It's all a scam anyways. Money corrupts all and it holds back human development, technological advances, and true freedom for us all. You are right that indeed there is a depression! You posted so much information, I'll have to spend some time checking all these videos out. Thanks for taking the time to make people aware of what's happening. I've posted a video for you, and I hope that you like the conspiracy behind the money scam.

Take Care!

Onehappyangel

[edit on 8-4-2009 by onehappyangel]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by onehappyangel]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Great thread. Now I can do absolutely nothing while we go down the hole, just because some poweful men chose it to be, and now exactly how it happened. Is 24 on today or something good?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by onehappyangel

Great post my friend. The video brings to light the pure human suffering that is brought to us by the banking families who are in control of our money.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by middleclasssoldier]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Blaming China for taking action against failed US economic policies is sour grapes.

The USA has taken every foolish step possible to destroy itself internally, while we either watched and didnt care, or didnt want to hear the truth. We had the tiger by the tail for decades, and threw it all away.

China is doing what needs to be done to protect and insulate its economy and people from idiotic american decisions.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Obviously, the demand is taken care of. The workers work. The capitalist classes consume. It's not a problem. The monetary system has nothing to do with this recession, and neither does a competitive labor market. The problem is strictly financial. That the financial problems originated in the U.S. is what is important.

The world operates relatively smoothly as long as U.S. dollars are being traded, which they should since as a currency they represent the highest degree of productivity out of any country on the planet; it's not a scheme that the majority of the world holds U.S. dollars as a major reserve... it's a smart strategy. The fact is Americans work harder and smarter than any other nation. Ingenuity is their commodity of choice, and it is in high demand by the periphery countries, which thrive off the manufacturing opportunities presented to them by U.S. researchers, firms and other entrepreneurs.

Anyway, in order to rectify the financial mess the banks decided to freeze lending. Unfortunately, this had the side effect of reducing the number of dollars traded on the foreign exchange market. This is the only reason the economy ever came into a recession. The dollars weren't flowing.

Of course, this all raises an interesting point in that we have a very volatile relationship with the world economy. If we ever get ourselves into a financial mess again, and we hike overnight interest rates to such a massive extent as we did in the past few months, then most trading will stop again. Low trade = low productivity = low employment = low growth. It's just a chain.

The only way to reduce this volatile relationship is to either 1) make sure such a financial mess doesn't occur again, through regulation or 2) convince the world to adopt a universal currency, thereby destroying the world's balance of trade deficits instantaneously and eliminating the possibility of a trade slump such as the one we are in now just because of a international decline in the exchange of U.S. dollars.

It's really simple. There is nothing wt.rong with the economy. The fact that Canada is doing exceptionally well in this economic climate only proves that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the economy. For one, their banks didn't condone extending credit to subprime borrowers or even reduce mortgage requirements (which the Congress under Bill Clinton didn't hesitate to do with the Community Reinvestment Act), and they didn't have a bunch of corrupt insurance corporations colluding with credit rating agencies so that a bunch of Wall St.ers could make billions on extremely overleveraged revenue stream.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
You need something
I will give it to you
Plant the seed inside of me
Growing stronger, feeding all of you

I am the way
So step into my light
I give you what you want
Desire you just can’t hide

That’s all that matters
Nothing else
So help me help you
Help yourself

Give to me and I’ll give back
Tenfold. Tenfold

I’m everything you need
Your happiness depends on me
I’m everything you want to be

You need something
I will give it to you
Power. Money
Power. Money
Just give it to me

Trust me
I’m the here and now
Bow down before the cash cow
Embracing the world on it’s knees
All shall give it to me

Give it to me
Give it to me
Give it to me
Give it to me

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gren

i am the smoldering boulder king
sing my praises after i have razed your wages
or would you rather i raised your wages?
ha! now who is the jester peasant?
i can feel your resentment.
you may as well let it fester

i became blessed after testing myself many times
many signs are yet to come
many rhymes upon my lung
stung the hornet or strung the coronet
i've formed my mask from a plaster catalyst

i am the prince of peace
i am the king of coup rage
i've seen a bullet tear across my iris
i shed a tear for the mere fact that i am a human blooming
the ultimate sentinel sees all eyes crying

ergo the seer slow
i took the boy that i used to be an burned him in the furnace
these are my earnest confessions to the rest of my brethren
i am a sickly sallow fellow who needs to be placated
i truncated my family and separated as aimless
famous vagrant unfolded his pages in several stages

train your thoughts to not be rotten
prune your fruit when the suit fits
my soot sits with the rest of my ashes
and i wear it as war paint when i feint the blatant traitor
this Bush is burning when he speaks to me
i seek you see i have a great thing contained within me believe you me

Sorry guys, not trying to derail the thread here, its just that some of us want to be heard but have no tongue for economics, but I assure you, these words are relevant. To whom and in what context, now that is an interesting question.

I have been reading and internalizing the information contained within this thread, and I thank all of you for your candor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join