It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced technology right under our nose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Many people think that the public technology is suppressed(me being one).What I was wanting to point out is how advanced in certain things we are and clueless on others.Ex.1 "Hybrid cars" why half and half instead of all electricity.Ex.2 "The Atomic bomb " splitting a molecule thats microscopic(I still dont understand the principal behind this just that it appearently works). Ex.3 "Satellites" the extremely high speeds(22,000 mph.+ ) they move at and how low altitude ones work at those speeds with gravity(could be wrong on exact speed just what i found on a couple of websites super fast regardless).Ex. 4 "Windmills" converting air into energy.Ex.5 "Hydro energy"converting water into energy.Ex.6 " Hubble telescope" looking billions of light years into space.I could probably think of several more but those are a few off the top of my head. We can do these things but have so many diseases that we can prolong but not cure.Where still stuck in the oil age which everything runs off of.We still have millions starving and cant come up with better harvesting to feed the world .Once again these are just a few off the top of my head.Im not saying Im a 100% correct on all of these but maybe we should look a little harder at certain things and question if they put this right in our face what can they do behind the curtains.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I think its down to greed, power & control as to why we dont see better uses of the technology and money that goes into these things.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by trey85

Umms, all the things you speak of are all advancements that took place over a very long period of time.

Let me explain...

Hybrid Vehicles

Between 1665 and 1680, Flemish Jesuit priest and astronomer Ferdinand Verbiest created plans for a miniature four-wheel unmanned steam “car” for Chinese Emperor Khang Hsi. In 1769, Frenchman Nicholas Cugnot built a steam-powered motor carriage capable of six miles per hour. In 1825, British inventor Goldsworthy Gurney built a steam car that successfully completed an 85 mile round-trip journey in ten hours time. (Steamers dominated the automotive landscape until the late 19th century.)

Source

Immisch & Company built a four-passenger carriage, powered by a one-horsepower motor and 24-cell battery, for the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. In the same year, Magnus Volk in Brighton, England made a three-wheeled electric car.

Source

So as you can see, the technology has been in development for over a hundred years now.

The atomic bomb was worked on by the most intelligent minds of our time, Albert Einstein to say the least. The atomic bomb theory was created using math and physics which weren't very much ahead of their time, it was a simple calculation of force.

Windmills are a simple, they work just like a waterwheel, only with air, it's not very hard to understand. The wind turns the mill which in turn makes a turbine go round, which produces electricity.

The Hubble Telescope is outdated today actually because of advances in the field of optics and satellite imaging.

The point I am trying to make is these inventions were in the works long before they were ever released as real projects. It's not alien technology under our noses.

Now the spy planes, those however would be considered something of an anomolie in technology. But these are simple things that humans just grasp the concept and made usefull.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think the fact that most (current) technology is classified (for the public) is mostly because (yes....greed power control 2) they have the advantage of secrecy over their enemies, competitors and our bewildered people.

They can also make ginormous profits when it's (initially) introduced to the market.

PLus.......Uncle Sam likes to jump right on any (cuttingedge)tech-advacement programs, so they can have it all to themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

The point I am trying to make is these inventions were in the works long before they were ever released as real projects. It's not alien technology under our noses.

Welcome trey85

Well unless I'm mistaken he didn't mention alien technology just hidden advanced technology. OK I'm not mistaken I just reread it to make sure.

I think the OP has a point and I agree with the above poster, It is greed. If we did not have to have a society where we need to turn a profit we could be feeding billions and have a much cleaner friendlier Earth!

Right on
Good thinking outside the box.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Tsk tsk tsk...

Why is that everytime somebody says Alien it also means ET?

I meant to say technology that isn't apparent to us, that is "alien" in nature, as in it would blow our mind to how advanced it is.

I do believe there are some things they've designed that they choose to keep hidden, but I assume they are all weapons related, as anything of beneficial use to the general public doesn't make any money so long as it's still secret.

~Keeper

Edit To Fix Spelling

[edit on 4/7/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by trey85

Umms, all the things you speak of are all advancements that took place over a very long period of time.

Let me explain...

Hybrid Vehicles

Between 1665 and 1680, Flemish Jesuit priest and astronomer Ferdinand Verbiest created plans for a miniature four-wheel unmanned steam “car” for Chinese Emperor Khang Hsi. In 1769, Frenchman Nicholas Cugnot built a steam-powered motor carriage capable of six miles per hour. In 1825, British inventor Goldsworthy Gurney built a steam car that successfully completed an 85 mile round-trip journey in ten hours time. (Steamers dominated the automotive landscape until the late 19th century.)

Source

Immisch & Company built a four-passenger carriage, powered by a one-horsepower motor and 24-cell battery, for the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. In the same year, Magnus Volk in Brighton, England made a three-wheeled electric car.

Source

So as you can see, the technology has been in development for over a hundred years now.

The atomic bomb was worked on by the most intelligent minds of our time, Albert Einstein to say the least. The atomic bomb theory was created using math and physics which weren't very much ahead of their time, it was a simple calculation of force.

Windmills are a simple, they work just like a waterwheel, only with air, it's not very hard to understand. The wind turns the mill which in turn makes a turbine go round, which produces electricity.

The Hubble Telescope is outdated today actually because of advances in the field of optics and satellite imaging.

Now the spy planes, those however would be considered something of an anomolie in technology. But these are simple things that humans just grasp the concept and made usefull.

~Keeper

Define "simple" .Things of this nature are not simple to me at all.Which they very well might be to some other people(you others i dont know).I do believe in alien intervention throughout history but thats not where I was going with this. What are spy planes exactly.Ive never heard heard of them ,can you go into more detail?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by trey85]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It's not for malicious means that technology takes a while to move from the laboratory to the consumers... it has to do with a few simple things.

1: Just because it was achieved in a lab doesn't mean it's anywhere near ready for the real world.
Sure, it worked in a controlled environment with controlled variables and constant supervision.
But consumers don't want to have to assemble their own controlled lab to use something, nor do they want to have to hire people to monitor it 24/7 to make sure it's still working.

It takes allot of research and engineering to get something from the lab to the consumers.

2: Money. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's worthwhile.
So it works... great. So you managed to make a consumer friendly prototype... okay...

... but how much does it cost to build?
How much are consumers willing to pay for it?
Can it be mass produced, and at what rate?

Is it even useful to the average consumer?

Many inventions, even though they're proven to work, and are capable of use outside a lab environment, never get to the consumers because it's either not profitable, or consumers are simply too lazy or stupid to operate it.

I've seen leaps and bounds in my life-time in robotics (my field) alone... most of it hasn't made it to consumers, and much of it never will.

It's nothing sinister... the tech just simply doesn't make it to you because it's not practical for you to have it.

If you want to look half of it up, the engineers side is in the patent office, you can search patents online, and the research side of it is in scientific journals... subscribe to a few.

If it's the military researching it, then no, you won't get it for security reasons.

I've found that very little is hidden from the public eye.
The only reason you feel like it is, is because it's not organized for the layman. The research papers and engineering documents are scattered all over. There's no one location that holds them all, the creators themselves hold them.

You have to go looking for it yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by trey85
What are spy planes exactly.Ive never heard heard of them ,can you go into more detail?

They are mostly from the days before high tech high powered spy satellites were around.

This is the U2 America flew it in the 50's, The Russians shot one down and the pilot Powers had a rough go there for a while.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e800493a2580.jpg[/atsimg]

This the the SR71 it replaced the U2 I think that NASA still may be flying one for testing projects. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5b5e9774a61.jpg[/atsimg]

This could be the latest one it's called the TR-3B
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/062917450a51.jpg[/atsimg]

This TR3B Video is fake I think but you get the idea.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by trey85
" Hubble telescope" looking billions of light years into space.

You vastly overrate the Hubble, which is basically a piece of junk hauled up into space to give NASA a cover to foist off contrived photos. It can't even take a decent picture of the moon.

However, there is amazing technology being used in the Deep Underground Military Bases and underground cities created by the Black Ops Military and Secret Government. The technology used will be revealed to us, the goyim, when the Luciferians get ready to spring their fake alien invasion on us.

Then, in exchange for us to literally sell our souls and get chipped, we will have free energy and all kinds of technological gizmos, maybe little flying machines for our personal use, the ability to travel anywhere on the globe in a matter of minutes or at the most hours.

The aircraft we keep reading about here on ATS which many people claim are spaceships from Mars or whatever, are built right here on earth in these DUMBs.

When we hear about genetic manipulation, biotechnology in the media, this is the tip of the iceberg. What they are doing in the DUMBs is grotesque, trying to create literal "spidermen" and supergods by influsing the genes of animals, reptiles and bugs into humans to make a "new and improved" humanoid creature.

The Hollywood movies "X-men" are to acquaint us with the philosophy and the novel idea and to whet our appetite that we will be as they.

"Science so called" has rejected Darwinian gradualism because after a couple centuries of searching for any missing link whatever showing any creature gradually evolving from one to another, scales into feathers, rudimentary legs and eyes evolving over eons, the new theory of "punctuated equilibrium" (popularlized in the X-men films) says evolution does not proceed over eons by slow gradations, but rather in giant leaps.

The New Age Luciferian occultism says mankind is ready for another big jump, and all we need to do is get rid of most of the people alive on the planet who are hindering this great advance to the Fourth Reich.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I cant say I agree with all the post above(dont disagree with all of either) ,but i still appreciate all the replys for not being of ignorance, and actually studied(just joined a.t.s nice to get a response other than "it just is or just isnt" what i get in my day to day life".Look foward too seeing future Q&A.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

maybe someone like ngchunter can explain this in greater detail, but as far as i'm aware the moon is too close for the focal length of hubble's optics to pick up clearly. it isn't some grand conspiracy to keep you from seeing the moon clearly. heck an 80 dollar telescope can get you some awesome pictures of the moon....if you're that concerned about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Any thoughts on nano technology.It seems pretty amazing.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yes...I totally agree...we are still stuck in the oil age because the top dogs make billions...if not trillions...there are probably 3 reasons they would keep something secret:

1)It makes other technologies obsolete, meaning profit will be lost.
2)It is weapon based.
3)It was derived from Alien technology, and would blow our minds.

I'm certain they keep mind blowing technology hidden from us, with anti-gravity and zero-point energy extraction being just some of the technologies I suspect they keep hidden...it really does annoy me.

top topics

join