It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long before serious riots/civil disturbance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
How long before we see people "takin' it to the streets?"

Here's how I define "serious" for our purposes: large-scale, widespread instances of looting and prolonged anarchic conditions. Like the LA riots in the early 90s or the Watts fires in the 60s. Something we haven't seen for almost 20 years in the US (unless you count the Katrina madness) and far longer in Europe. Property destroyed at a mass level (I mean more than a few plate glass windows here), fires, mass looting. Over a widespread area. Double or triple-digit deaths, plus numerous injuries. Open discharge of firearms in the street, entire city zones lost to police control and public services. Perhaps shock troops are used to quell the disturbance, or even domestic deployment of troops in violation of the Posse Comitatus Act.

I say by the end of the year at the latest. Summer a strong possibility.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well...

If Michigan State would of won the Title tonite I'd of said tonight, but...

I'd say the first chance would be July 4th through the heat of August...

2nd chance...spring/summer of 2010 if it really keeps sliding...

Americans hate protesting in the snow...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well....I say it will start during the summer...protests anyway on a wide scale
I can only hope that riots dont break out....
I' 19 and as much as I would love to carelessy destroy everything I see without reprucussion its just wrong....
It doesnt get us anywhere by destroying what we build and unforutanetly in most cases its the people who wind up destroying the business's and property of the same class of people they belong to.

We need to look at Ghandi....we need to realize that violence is only neccasary in the most dire of needed time.
Not all of us can fight,want to or have a means of doing it...we can all speak out and stand up all of us...
The protests are coming and I will be joing them aswell as trying to spread to as uch urge for nonviolent resistance.
The only question is will the U.S. troops fire at the people?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
double posted my previous statement above sorry...still new here and not quite sure how to delete my post

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Akoostikreiki]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Nice thoughts but I think too rational for what I see coming down the pike.

Americans will probably skip the "protest" stage (with a few irrelevant exceptions in university towns or whatever) and go straight to "riot." I don't think it will be very well thought out, whatever the case. I don't see people studying Ghandi and pasting glitter to their carboard protest signs. I see people running out of beer and hotpockets one day and then deciding to thump some skulls the next. Or a sudden electric spark shuddering through a surly mob and inciting it to rage. Call me cynical...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Whether there is rioting may well depend on how hot he summer is. As the temprature rises, people become more tempermental. It becomes easy to push someone's buttons until they finally get pissed off enought to start something.
That's why there is an increase in domestic violence, and murders in July and August, which is typically the hottest months of the year.
Of course, other factors will come into play. Is there enough food? Is there enough money to buy the food? Have unempllyment benefits run out?
there are other factors that come into play, but I think those are the main ones, with the temprture being the most important one.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If it is going to start at all we are going to see it on the 15th of this month. Then from there it should get progressively worse as time goes on and people realize that no one is even listening. I.E. no reporting no msm coverage and the like, this upset people more the last time around then the reason for the protests in the first place.
I don't believe for one minute we are going to go into straight out riots. We will have a lull if you will, where a lot of people get together and protest in a more peaceful manner. But I do believe that there will be some not so savory elements in the crowds as they have had much time to plan. There are people in every society that want to cause trouble and unfortunately we have them here en-mass. They have been waiting for a chance to set off and get riots going for some time now. I have been studying these idiots for some time and am truly worried that they will try and use the peaceful protest's as a venue for riots.

My advice to people caught up in a crowd with these "elements" in it is to separate out away from them and if needed sit down once you have all separated out from them. This way the police and OTHERS can SEE who the trouble makers are and not get the whole crowd pulled into it.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Here is an interesting thing.

If you take a look at the TimeWaveZero Graph for this month it has the same resonance as....... yup you guessed it 1776

I guesss that is what we can expect to see in April-Jun

Have a look at the TimeWave just for curiosity sake

top topics

join