It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired NASA engineer spills all!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was on my way to school and my friend had this local radio station on and they were talking about the shuttler and all... this radio station is in south florida, i forgot the frequency but anyway they had this guy over the phone and he was telling everything!!

he was like the number one priority of NASA and the International Space Station is the colonization of MARS!!!

He was that a super nova will occur in the sun and that we'll need another place to live so the human race can survive and he said NASA is trying to colonize Mars and all the talk about the nasa program being in trouble is all bs because we need it.

and the talk show host was stunned ... he said something like, "wait wait, hold on a minute sir... so what your trying to say is that the sun is going to explode and we're in the stages of colonzing mars?"

and the guy said, "yep"

just thought i'd share this with you all.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And you don't think that the guy was just a lunatic, escaped from a local asylum ? Or he was " kidding " ?

You'll have allways some nuts who will try to be the " number one " on a radio-show or a tv-show.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
GRRROOOAAANNNN.......

The woo-woos are certainly out in force.

You only have to rub 2 neurons together to realise if the sun goes nova then any planet you are on in the system won't protect you...

I love it!

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a supernova would engulf the solar system
safer on on the DarkSide of The Moon
lol

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
definitely be toast in a supernova... However, colonization is a much higher priority than people think. Just this morning, one of our congressmen (Jim Davis), was on the radio, citing it as one of the primary reasons for continuing in NASA's mission... Last time I checked, we had quite a few million years before the sun goes nova...(at least according to the majority of scientists).

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a few million?
more like a few billion.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
According to some people the earth goes through cyclic periods of disaster ... every 10,000 years or so, ... so it would be a good idea to get another place such as Mars as a lifeboat of our society.

However it would take decades if not 100's of years to develop a selfsustaining colony on mars that didn't need supplies from earth to survive.

posted on Feb, 4 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
damn, meant to type billions, not millions...oops!

There's also the bit about having a mass extinction on the Earth (where 70% or more of life goes bye-bye) every 80 million years or so. The last time was the end of the dinos, giving us at least about 15 million years breathing space... I remember hearing that the most prevalent theory was a far-orbitting comet dragging in something big from the asteroid belts, but it was mostly speculation...

top topics

join