It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to Revive Hate Crime Bill to Censor Christians

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by Goathief
So you don't think it's right that people should be arrested for murdering adulterers and homosexuals, then?

I'm sorry, I missed the part where that wasn't already illegal and punishable by death in some states. Your post came across as wanting to jail the whole of Christianity for historic stonings.

No it didnt. Not even in the slightest. It could be anyone. If he would have said christians then he would be blaming you all.... and thats ancient past. Now we have the chair.=3

[edit: Typo]

[edit on 7/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
No it didnt. Not even in the slightest. It could be anyone. If he would have said Xans. and thats ancient past.

Were the Xans even mentioned here before? The least "they" deserve... it's perfectly clear who "they" were. Is stoning adulterers a major thing still going on in the US today? If so it's news to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Thats why I said it was all ancient past. If we could hold you accountable for things like that. well Christians could be facing 1000000 (est) consecutive life sentances

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Can i ask the Christians here a small question.

Why is it that when Christians were saying atheist speech was hate speech you didn't care and many of you were quite happy about it? I'm an atheist and i hate this legislation that is aiming to stop free speech, even if i don't agree with what the people are saying.

You guys need to know you can't have it both ways. Either it's all ok, or none of it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
All religion is based on science and hiding REAL science and knowledge of our existence. I have read the bible, i have had plenty of experiences to tell me that our centience and non animal brains are created by something intelligent, perhaps even nature itself and the universe is tied into us as we are it.

Hate stems from not knowing the truth. You hate gays? Pot heads? so called criminals because being poor and uneducated is a societal problem and society is in denial that they are wrong, as well as the criminal doing the same in a way? well maybe your societies are the misguided thing that is wrong, the band aids of vigilanteism or legalism by victims or jaded perpetrators of bullying. The oppressive authoritarianism and judgements by so called people who consider themselves more than another or in charge become obsurd in the face of reality which NOONE so far has truly done.

Hate. I hate. I hate some people. If someone takes my things or money, i hate them. If someone lies to me, i hate them. I dont hate the people, i hate them for being so ignorant in the face of eternal life, which they are blind to thanks to a world of liars and over zealous

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Are you guys kidding me?!!!

There are as many opinions are there are people. Pretty soon there will be so many "freedoms" that no one will have freedoms. This site will be outlawed and everyone on here will be criminal. Cant you see what is happening? Most "think" this is "good" and a step in the right direction. How much longer untill your way of thinking and lifetyle offends some small vocal group?

This is sad and a direct assualt on our freedoms. So what if I dont agree with you and your lifestyle? Isnt that my right? Who is cramming there beliefs down who"s throat?

How hippocractical!

The saddest part is those sheeple who see this a a step to enlightenment! Since when is "Your" view the right view? You are no better than those whome you condemn!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
From your source:

No more will your pastor be able to declare the truth about Islam or homosexuality because it will be considered a hate crime.

I am all for free speech, but not for hate speech.

I don't think people should be thrown into jail for their views, but spewing hatred and bigotry and ignorance has no positive impact on society.

Yea, I totally agree with you on hate speech, however, is it going to be the same for Islam that preaches against Christians that we and all those that don't follow their way are infindels??

First off, we DO NOT PREACH HATE! and those that call themselves 'Christians' and do spew hate...aren't Christians!!! This whole 'hate' speech coming from the lower abyss and labeling the Gospel or 'Good News" as hate speech is nothing more than deception to post up a one world religion!

What about all the OTHER hundreds of religions out there that state that THEIR leader is the only one they should follow and if not, they become infidels and should be wipe off the map!!

THIS IS totally NOT about 'Christianity' or any religion for that matter but it's ALL about ...

FREE speech!! in the USA ~!!! and our GOD given right to say how we feel and how we want to say it.

SHOW me in any HOLY BIBLE where Jesus said "I HATE YOU!"..

you can't because it's not there !!! It's outside of this very nature.

This is right up there with 1984 thought crimes!!! This will have FAR reaching implecations, what about children that tell other children they are stupid?? or their dad can beat up my dad ??

/rant off !

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
Originally posted by jfj123
Which means we also don't have freedom of religion.

Their right to pray anywhere, anytime, even in public free from interference is the heart of freedom of religion.

Interesting. And I have the right to NOT pray anywhere, anytime, even in public free from interference is the heart of freedom from religion.

Freedom FROM religion means I don't have to participate and that lack of participation is protected. It has nothing to do with praying in public.

Incorrect. Freedom from religion does not exist.

Sure does. I cannot be persecuted for my lack of religious beliefs

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow...... that was unexpected. -nods- You my friend are a true christian, and You don't need an elder or a priest, pastor or pope to tell you about religion. Thats why you have holy books. Read it and draw your own conclusion. I am a solitary witch. I have never had a priest or a high priestess in my life to teach me. Even though I have lacked both, and a coven. Things are alright, and I am adamant in my faith, as you all should be with yours.

Hate propaganda should be something we should be getting rid of.
My freedom of speech.... Goddess bless you all. And for others of different religions. Work is almost over so Take care, sleep well and I hope we can carry on with this topic.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

To me, you are a crook. He is an honest, good man. You are fool of hate.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by greshnik]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
reply to post by SemperParatusRJCC

To me, you are a crook. He is an hones, good man. You are fool of hate.

Excuse me, but umm i dont hate anybody, and I certainly dont wish ill on anyone. Because the Wiccan Rede states, "Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill - An’ it harm none, Do what thou will". Dont call me a messenger of hate. Especially if you know nothing of me...
And I said he was a good man.. it doesnt matter your not going to piss me off this time. Read the post you blasphemous heathen. And how am I a crook??? Last time I recalled. I was a contributer to society. And im fighting for your freedom. I am giving up mine so that you can stay high and mighty in your home to plan another crusade.

[edit: added]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindy22761

The Hate Crime bill is growing...

Many of you non-Christians will be happy to know that Christians are about to be censored. As you stand up and cheer I would like to remind you that more hate crime bills that censor speech could soon be coming your way too. Can speech be censored for atheist too. You betcha!

www.thevoicemagazine.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I don't think that many of the 'non-Christian' folks will be happy at all to see their Constitution trounced even more. However, the problem that I have run into with the more 'extreme' Christians is that they are very hateful. They are filled with spite and spout off with obscenities. Yeah, very Christian there to call little girls whores and sluts and on and on and on.

Now, do most Christians act this way? Nope. The good majority are very upstanding people. People who bring peace to a community. However, there are those that bring violence with their hate filled sermons and verbal attacks on people. They like to butt into the private lives of others with their 'holier than thou' attitudes.

That is the biggest reason this stupid, non-American bill is even at the point of being updated to include Christians.

Yeah, Christianity has a bad rap because of the few. Hmmmm, sounds VERY FAMILIAR. Kind of like the hmmmm, let's say, Muslim religion? Go figure.

Anyway, as I stated up front, I don't believe that most non-Christians will feel this is a good thing. That is unless it stops the hate filled shouting matches outside of private clinics where private citizens try to utilize their PRIVATE rights.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
an example of one type of tolerant christian.

These particular loving christians are happy that our soldiers are dead.

These people actually hold up signs at soldiers funerals that say
"thank god for IED's"
"thank god for 9/11"
"thank god for dead soldiers"
"pray for more dead soldiers"

This is an example of why people question certain freedom of speech rights.
Although these stupid people have the right to speak, in my opinion, this is an abuse of the freedom of speech which gives the government a reason to step in and regulate.

Now here's an example of true Americans
The Patriot Guard

And some reservists speaking.
One from my home state of MI.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
From your source:

No more will your pastor be able to declare the truth about Islam or homosexuality because it will be considered a hate crime.

I am all for free speech, but not for hate speech.

I don't think people should be thrown into jail for their views, but spewing hatred and bigotry and ignorance has no positive impact on society.

So who determines what is hate speech? Most of the time, some ignorant person spewing hatred hangs himself with his own rope.
Also, when the decision of "what is free speech" falls into the hands of fewer and fewer people, a dangerous precident has been obtained.
It always scares me when anything thats not considered politically correct becomes hate speech.
It's the same policy that the Liberal left spouted about Obama---i"If you don't support him, you must be a racist"-- what a bunch of houey.
i would rather have a bunch of nutbags spouting all kind of garbage , than put a gag on anything that would be considered non politically correct.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You have shown a very solid example of the extreme end that I was talking about. I was a Christian, now just a person of God, and I know that most Christian's are like the level headed people that were interviewed. The extremists (amazingly enough just like the extremists in any religion) make a bad name for the religion. These people are NOT Christians. They are hate filled ignorant morons that have no love in their lives.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Am I a hateful person??? I dont spew hate propaganda, and when I do its because i was buffetted with it. Does that mean im hateful or just spiteful. Where can we really draw the line with this. I may do things out of spite but im not hateful at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
yeah...not getting it....didn't see anything in the bill about priests bashing any particular group...they shouldn't be doing it anyway....but you know what? if you don't want to hear it, leave the church...1A says I can believe whatever I want...you don't have to look too far to see caves made by followers of any particular religion so that they could worship their way in the face of censorship and outright hatred and persecution...My God told me not to be a murderer...and not to sleep with my neighbors wife...but he also told me he knew I was going to screw up and he loves me anyway...My God doesn't hate homosexuals....nor do I...He doesn't hate Muslims, or Jews or potato heads...nor do I. My relationship with my God is completely internal...I don't eat your wafers or use your smelly burning stuff or kneel down three times a day facing some rock...how can you take away my freedom of religion when you can't see it?

Anyway....can't really see what you're so worried about, unless you enjoy sermons where a pastor claims anyone different than you is going to burn in hell.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cindy22761

I do not believe in organized religion and personally think most religion is a disease that infects the minds of the weak and wanting.

I do believe in intelligent design and think there is a God. I just don't think anyone can explain it as we don't have the necessary tangible proof no matter how proof of certain religious belief is justified.

I don't support this bill though as choice of religion and speaking your religious belief should not be suppressed. I also sometimes think the world will be a better place without religion and the fear tactics it brings but having the choice to speak your mind regardless of how crazy it may be is completely necessary to uphold. However I cannot stand someone trying to convert me. If they want to live that way fine, just don't try to create a following. It is all about balance.

This reminds me of a saying which goes like this:

"Why is there enough religion to incite war but not instill tolerance?"

~Wicked Jester

[edit on 7-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To quote Benjamin Franklyn

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by greshnik

You must be a little nutty, Kent Hovind is a snake oil salesmen and in all respects INSANE. He says that the great deluge formed the grand canyon
and believes that 2 of every "kind" of animal on earth were aboard Noahs ark. What an esteemed scientist he is indeed
. Just because someone is religious doesnt make him different than any other citizen, that jackass should have paid his taxes like all honest people do.

As for so called "Hatespeech"(should be called speech that bleeding heart do-gooder liberals dont like). All you athiest liberal San Francisco residents need to calm yourselves and take a history class, if you support controlling religious speech you condone tyranny, plain and simple. Prop 8 passed for a REASON, we live in a country of not just faith, but MORAL TURPITUDE and DECENCY. Seems like alot of you are secretly praying(:lol
for vengence against christians for prop 8. There would be no other reason a FREEDOM AND LIBERTY LOVING AMERICAN would support something like this. In fact one could argue that escape from religious oppression is why this country was created in the first place. If you dont like what you hear, go somewhere else, change the channel, turn the nob on the radio, ect. If you look at history what does religious oppression ALWAYS LEAD TO? Ill give you a hint, not the lillith fair
. It always leads to bloodshed. Live and let live people, worry about your god damn self before you try to tell me what I can and can't say. I dare anyone anywhere to take my right to say whatever the hell I want to away, you will have to kill me before you can do that, and I will not make it easy for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join