It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to Revive Hate Crime Bill to Censor Christians

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusSaves2008
reply to post by noonebutme

Yes, it is about my right as an American citizen and first and foremost a child of God to tell the truth being taken away. What I have stated is the truth. I did not make it up, it is right there in God's Word.

You have only Man's word to refer to. Prove to me that God wrote even one sentence of that wonderful work of fiction. You can't. It was written by Bigots and Homophobes very similiar to you, which is why you embrace it. Amen.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The Bible calls homosexuality an abomination and the good Lord does not create abominations!

Did god not create satan/Lucifer?

If he did, then he does indeed create abominations and is fallible, thus is not the good overseer and architect of life the holy books claim him to be. If he didn't, then somebody (or something) else did and he is not the one true god and creator of everything that was, is and will be.

Where does that leave you? Vanishing in a puff of logic, probably.

*Edit for typo*

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusSaves2008

I assume your reference to 'God's Word' is the Bible, yes?

Keep in mind that's a made up, collated book of old, heavily exaggerated stories from over 2000+ years ago, warped and fashioned to fit around the changed socio-political era of the time.

However, I'm not aware your God being an American citizen, so I suspect he isn't entitled to his words being protected under the laws of free speech.

In fact, he's arguably one of the worst, mass-murdering genocidal maniacs in history -- if anyone's guilty of hate crimes, it's him!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
Interesting. And I have the right to NOT pray anywhere, anytime, even in public free from interference is the heart of freedom from religion.

Wrong, your right to not pray is part of the freedom OF religion, of the religious belief in nothing to be exact. It is not freedom from religion. You are not guaranteed any freedom from religion, you will encounter it in everyday life and there is no freedom from it.

Sure does. I cannot be persecuted for my lack of religious beliefs

Religious belief in nothing is still a religious belief. It is a belief in nothing, and all beliefs, including belief in nothing, are protected. That is why it is freedom of religion, not from religion. It's a very important distinction and failure to recognize that will lead to the erosion of freedom.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by cindy22761

There is more to it that hate crimes or freedom of speech. It is part of a NWO plan.

Most all Christians will rise up against the NWO. If there is a global ID (RFID chip) requiring it to be imbedded in their right hand or forehead. They will refuse to participate in such a government.

Bible prophecy says after the “one world government” is formed that Christians are not to receive this mark. It will be mandatory! If they refuse it will be worse than the Holocaust.

Christians will be considered a global anti-government terrorist. They will be persecuted. I’m fairly confident this is why the FEMA camps and coffins surfaced and the letters to all the cemeteries asking about mass burials.

There is always more going on than meets the eye! It’s coming together quite nicely for them, with rapid speed.

If anything they should stick a gag order on Iran’s Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Not on Christians!

Here are a few problems with this idea
Approx 75% of Americans are christian which puts the number at approx. 173,000,000
How can a population of this size be controlled by our government and forced to be tagged?

There are no fema camps large enough to house that size of a population or enough military/law enforcement to enforce any type of quarentine.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrsusMajor
It was written by Bigots and Homophobes very similiar to you, which is why you embrace it. Amen.

How do you know he hates gay people? Perhaps he loves them which is why he wants to convert them. The level of understand of christian doctrine on this thread is about as deep as a wading pool, not that any here want a deeper understanding. There is such a thing as loving the sinner and hating the sin, Phelp's "church" notwithstanding. I'm really getting tired of the name calling originating because people don't fully understand each other's vastly-different world views.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I do not hate homosexuals! Jesus does not hate homosexuals! However while we love the sinner we MUST hate the SIN. It is the SIN that will take them to hell and it is the sin that the homosexual embraces!

I do love religious zealots
They're so irrational

"judge not others lest ye be judged"

Homosexuality is the result of demonic possession.

I rarely say something like this but this statement is just plane ignorant.
If god made man in his image and god is perfect, god must have made homosexuals

Yes you do have free will to do what you want to do. God has never sent one soul to hell... they have all chosen to go there.

What crap.
there is no such thing as free will in gods eyes.
For example, A person may use their free will to shoot someone dead but that person doesn't have the free will not to die. Wow god screwed that one up didn't he? He erred on the side of evil? What kind of god does that?

You need to spend a little less time condemning people and a little more time learning tolerance like the tolerance we all have for you and your silly beliefs

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

reply to post by UrsusMajor

God did not make them gay. No person on this earth has ever been created homosexual.

1. Prove it.
2. God made us all in his image so did he make a mistake with gay people? If god isn't perfect then what other mistakes has he made?

The Bible calls homosexuality an abomination and the good Lord does not create abominations!

The bible also states that it's ok to throw your daughters out into an angry crowd as a diversion to protect your guests

Furthermore, you are 100% correct in saying that you can do what you want with your own soul. My soul however belongs not to me but to the Lord because of my own free will I gave it to Him. Amen.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by JesusSaves2008]

With all this hate in your heart, I'd be surprised if god was interested in your soul

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by noonebutme

Yes, it is about my right as an American citizen and first and foremost a child of God to tell the truth being taken away. What I have stated is the truth. I did not make it up, it is right there in God's Word.

Read the bill. Nothing is going to be taken away from you or your hate filled rantings.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

Do you own a Bible?

May I refer you to Ezekiel 28: 12-19?

The scripture is directed towards the king of Tyre but it really addresses the Devil who lives in him. Are battle is not against flesh and blood but against the spirits who control them.

How about Isaiah 14: 12-15?

Same principle as before.

Study these verses and you will see why Satan exist.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by UrsusMajor
It was written by Bigots and Homophobes very similiar to you, which is why you embrace it. Amen.

How do you know he hates gay people? Perhaps he loves them which is why he wants to convert them. The level of understand of christian doctrine on this thread is about as deep as a wading pool, not that any here want a deeper understanding. There is such a thing as loving the sinner and hating the sin, Phelp's "church" notwithstanding. I'm really getting tired of the name calling originating because people don't fully understand each other's vastly-different world views.

How do you know if he loves or hates them? Were you speaking with him today? Or are you using a man made book to represent God's Words?

My level of understanding of Christian Doctine is fine thanks. That is why I want nothing to do with them, and I will gladly argue any topic you care to bring up. What would you like to discuss?

The crusades?
The treatment of women, homosexuals, and anyone not of the chosen tribe?
Priests and there propensity for Altar boys?
Remember the Salem Witch Trials?
How about the Spanish Inquisition?

No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition. Now that was a lesson in "love thy neighbor",...

You're right, Christians have shown so much compassion over the millenia, what was I thinking? Telling me that my friends and relatives are abominations is not showing any deep understanding. It is showing DEEP Bigotry and DEEP Homophobia. You're post does nothing to change my mind. Your attempt to disguise it as hating the Sin is nothing but a distraction from the truth. I've seen it in practice, forget the theory. Sinners are not loved. I call BS.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

jfj123, the Bible also teaches that Satan has his children. That even in the bitter end when all has been revealed and God stands supreme they will still not repent. I am sad to say it appears you are one of his own.
Nevertheless I will pray for you anyway because of the love I have for you. And another thing, the US Government won't have to worry about imprisoning many Christians.... Jesus is going to get us out of here before it comes to that.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Approx 75% of Americans are christian which puts the number at approx. 173,000,000
How can a population of this size be controlled by our government and forced to be tagged?

There are no fema camps large enough to house that size of a population or enough military/law enforcement to enforce any type of quarentine.

It's a good question and refreshingly on topic, so let me do my part to play devil's advocate for a second here (sorry for the pun). Let's suppose for a second that the government decreed that the people must publicly renounce Christ and receive a tag (no I'm not saying the US has fema camps large enough for this, just a hypothetical here). How many of those 173,000,000 people who claim to be christian would suddenly change affiliation when the law changes? Put another way, how many would be willing to break the law and risk everything they own, their families, their lives, all of it for saving public religious face? 75% may be christian, but fewer than half that population believe the Bible is literally true. Would the majority then be willing to fudge in public to save their necks?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I explained my position on the hatred of homosexuals earlier. He didn't need to have a conversation with me all he did was read.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

jfj123, the Bible also teaches that Satan has his children. That even in the bitter end when all has been revealed and God stands supreme they will still not repent. I am sad to say it appears you are one of his own.
Nevertheless I will pray for you anyway because of the love I have for you. And another thing, the US Government won't have to worry about imprisoning many Christians.... Jesus is going to get us out of here before it comes to that.

I find your moral superiority amusing

Because I disagree with YOU, I'm going to hell

When did you become god ?

And why would a perfect being such as god create satan to begin with?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Goathief

Do you own a Bible?

May I refer you to Ezekiel 28: 12-19?

The scripture is directed towards the king of Tyre but it really addresses the Devil who lives in him. Are battle is not against flesh and blood but against the spirits who control them.

How about Isaiah 14: 12-15?

Same principle as before.

In reference to your question as to why Satan exist....
2nd line

[edit on 7-4-2009 by JesusSaves2008]

link   

I think the deal is that he didn't create Satan, Satan was a fallen angel. However you have to ask how an omnipresent god couldn't foresee that. The only logical alternative is he let it happen and wanted to punish us, which isn't exactly the kind of thing a loving god would do is it?

Ahh well i guess we're just ignorant
Oh or god doesn't exist, either way

EDIT

However that wasn't the point of this thread. The point that most interests me is that many Christians are outraged at being censored, but they have actively campaigned to class atheist literature as hate speech. The hypocrisy is shocking.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

It's a good question and refreshingly on topic, so let me do my part to play devil's advocate for a second here (sorry for the pun). Let's suppose for a second that the government decreed that the people must publicly renounce Christ and receive a tag (no I'm not saying the US has fema camps large enough for this, just a hypothetical here). How many of those 173,000,000 people who claim to be christian would suddenly change affiliation when the law changes? Put another way, how many would be willing to break the law and risk everything they own, their families, their lives, all of it for saving public religious face? 75% may be christian, but fewer than half that population believe the Bible is literally true. Would the majority then be willing to fudge in public to save their necks?

OK lets say 1/2 firmly believe in their religion and will not be swayed. That's still 86.5 million and too large of a population to control in any way.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

I think the deal is that he didn't create Satan, Satan was a fallen angel. However you have to ask how an omnipresent god couldn't foresee that. The only logical alternative is he let it happen and wanted to punish us, which isn't exactly the kind of thing a loving god would do is it?

Ahh well i guess we're just ignorant
Oh or god doesn't exist, either way

Well supposedly god created everything and satan is part of everything so technically, I would have to assume god did create satan.

And as you so logically point out, an all knowing being would know the past, present and future of everything, everywhere so god knew that satan would become a fallen angel and cause misery on his planet that he so carefully created with all the love of god

Now why would a god want to punish his children so harshly. No parent on earth with an iota of common sense would allow someone to kill his children to teach them a lesson.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

However that wasn't the point of this thread. The point that most interests me is that many Christians are outraged at being censored, but they have actively campaigned to class atheist literature as hate speech. The hypocrisy is shocking.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

And don't forget their attempts to censor evolution which is a proven science

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join