It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to Revive Hate Crime Bill to Censor Christians

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
I havent seen any Muslims or Jews walking upo to my door offering me the torah and the Quaran. You all are infringing on everyone elses rights when you try to force your religion down other peoples throats. There is also another Amendment. FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Freedom of religion is not freedom from religion. They have every right to knock on your door just as you have the right to ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave THEN they have infringed on your rights for trespassing, but they have the right to evangalize in public.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by greshnik
Oh, no...muslims and jews are friendly people, all the trouble in the world is because of Christians. And they are the only ones that true democracy has to control in order to establish "freedom".

You are just attacking the ones you were told to attack, the ones media trained you to attack.

I am what you know as "Greek Orthodox". The only true Christian I have seen and heard in USA is Kent Hovind, and he is in jail for 10 years (that just confirms that he is genuine). Please don't even bother to talk about unpaid taxes...Obama is surrounded with people who never pay taxes...banks and corporations managed to spend trillions of dollars...and nobody knows where the money is. The only one who is in jail, for 10 years, is the one that used the money for children, for education. He lived a modest life.

Your democracy is the worst kind of slavery that human kind ever had!
This guys a crook... I looked him up and hes in there not for his beliefs but for tax evasion and other stupid #. Dude your digging your self a hole now shut your mouth your done.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

I havent seen any Muslims or Jews walking upo to my door offering me the torah and the Quaran. You all are infringing on everyone elses rights when you try to force your religion down other peoples throats. There is also another Amendment. FREEDOM OF RELIGION

Freedom of religion is not freedom from religion. They have every right to knock on your door just as you have the right to ask them to leave. If they refuse to leave THEN they have infringed on your rights for trespassing, but they have the right to evangalize in public.

Repeatedly I ask them to leave. then the same two people are back next weekend. Im getting fed up.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Actually freedom of religion does include freedom from religion.

On a side note, they do have the right to walk up to your door unless you put up a sign that says they can't which I have done. And guess what, it was ignored
What a surprise !
What I'd like to do is go to their houses and ask if they'd like to discuss evolution
I have to wonder how many would be upset if I did that? How many would complain about their rights being violated???

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jfj123]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

If it did that you could ask someone to stop praying in public and they'd be obligated to comply. They aren't. You don't have freedom from religion.

What I'd like to do is go to their houses and ask if they'd like to discuss evolution
I have to wonder how many would be upset if I did that? How many would complain about their rights being violated???

Considering the behavior you describe it sounds like they'd welcome you in for a lengthy discussion rather than complain about rights being violated.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Repeatedly I ask them to leave. then the same two people are back next weekend. Im getting fed up.

Let me guess, you sounded annoyed from the get-go or worse, right? In my experience, if you tell them you're not interested but smile, thank them, and wish them a pleasant day they'll leave you alone. Instead you now present a challenge in their minds. Not saying that makes it ok to trespass though, and you have the right to call the police to have them removed from your property if that's what it takes. These are property rights issues though and have nothing to do with freedom of religion.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Let me guess, you sounded annoyed from the get-go or worse, right? In my experience, if you tell them you're not interested but smile, thank them, and wish them a pleasant day they'll leave you alone. Instead you now present a challenge in their minds. Not saying that makes it ok to trespass though, and you have the right to call the police to have them removed from your property if that's what it takes. These are property rights issues though and have nothing to do with freedom of religion.

No usually I feign a smile and politely decline. I was like that for about 3 times. Then I got my puppy ^^ he likes to play. If they dont want to respect my wishes. Then sucks for them.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

If it did that you could ask someone to stop praying in public and they'd be obligated to comply. They aren't. You don't have freedom from religion.

Which means we also don't have freedom of religion.

Freedom FROM religion means I don't have to participate and that lack of participation is protected. It has nothing to do with praying in public.

Considering the behavior you describe it sounds like they'd welcome you in for a lengthy discussion rather than complain about rights being violated.

That seems highly unlikely based on how christians typically react to evolution

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Put up a sign that says no soliciting of any kind including political, religious and other affiliations.
Then when they return, explain that they are trespassing and if they return, you'll have them arrested.

I prefer to screw with them

They NEVER return when you screw with them

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Put up a sign that says no soliciting of any kind including political, religious and other affiliations.
Then when they return, explain that they are trespassing and if they return, you'll have them arrested.

I prefer to screw with them

They NEVER return when you screw with them

Thats why I have Lucifer. I need to put a piccy of him on photobucket.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Which means we also don't have freedom of religion.

Their right to pray anywhere, anytime, even in public free from interference is the heart of freedom of religion.

Freedom FROM religion means I don't have to participate and that lack of participation is protected. It has nothing to do with praying in public.

Incorrect. Freedom from religion does not exist. Freedom from religion means you have the freedom to live without being exposed to religion, you do not have that right. You have freedom of religion; freedom of any religious belief, including belief in nothing, and you have the right to exercise that belief (as with any other belief) in private and public life. That is not the same as freedom from religion, which we do not have in this country.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

In other countries where these types of laws have been implemented, pastors and Christians have been jailed and fined for their faithful adherence to the Scriptures.

After stoning adulterers and homosexuals it's the least they deserve.

What's the problem here?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I dont see a problem with them doing jailtime. They warp their religion into something they can use to strike at others who arent like them. Making themselves seem better in the eyes of society. I laugh and I scoff whenever someone walking out of a church looks at me hanging all over my boyfriend, because I know that they are going to go home and smoke their meth or cheat on their spouses.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I dont see a problem with them doing jailtime.

And people wonder why some of us are paranoid about the new laws... It's not like others haven't given us a reason to be worried when they openly advocate throwing us in jail.

I laugh and I scoff whenever someone walking out of a church looks at me hanging all over my boyfriend, because I know that they are going to go home and smoke their meth or cheat on their spouses.

lol, you have a very "interesting" biased preconception of what I do at home. Not that it's anything new. I had a gay friend in college who initially assumed similar things about me because of my religion. After living with me for a couple years he came to accept just how "boring" my home life really was. I'm not perfect and I don't consider myself better than you, but the things you seem to think people like me do are inaccurate to say the least.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I belong to a faith which believes many things that could be construed as hate crimes:

Only Men can become ordained ministers.

Artificial Birth Control is a sin.

Abortion is a a sin.

Homosexuality is a sin.

We eat the body and drink the blood of our savior.

So...if my ordained ministers are locked up, I can not participate in my religion, which I believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

And people wonder why some of us are paranoid about the new laws... It's not like others haven't given us a reason to be worried when they openly advocate throwing us in jail.

So you don't think it's right that people should be arrested for murdering adulterers and homosexuals, then? Are Muslims fair game too? What about burning them pesky pagans?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
I belong to a faith which believes many things that could be construed as hate crimes:

So...if my ordained ministers are locked up, I can not participate in my religion, which I believe.

Unfortunately, there are some who honestly wouldn't mind you or your pastor being put into prison. I don't think this bill is going to get us to that point, but it may be used against vocal demonstrators and the will to push it the rest of the way is already there for some.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I dont see a problem with them doing jailtime.

I laugh and I scoff whenever someone walking out of a church looks at me hanging all over my boyfriend, because I know that they are going to go home and smoke their meth or cheat on their spouses.

lol, you have a very "interesting" biased preconception of what I do at home. Not that it's anything new. I had a gay friend in college who initially assumed similar things about me because of my religion. After living with me for a couple years he came to accept just how "boring" my home life really was. I'm not perfect and I don't consider myself better than you, but the things you seem to think people like me do are inaccurate to say the least.

Well thats why were here right. To learn and debunk myths and uncover truths. Then riddle me this Batman... Do you consider yourself a true follower of the christian religion. Well someone earlier was going on how Gays are fat druggies who are lazy and bitchy. I look at myself and laugh because he was wrong. So I can kinda see where your going with this. But do you try to force your religion down other peoples throats.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

So you don't think it's right that people should be arrested for murdering adulterers and homosexuals, then? Are Muslims fair game too? What about burning them pesky pagans?

Nuuu dont burn me I keep my religion to myself. I dont try to convert anyone. I answer those that have questions then I let them make the choice. Thats it. dont burn me =O.O=

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
So you don't think it's right that people should be arrested for murdering adulterers and homosexuals, then?

I'm sorry, I missed the part where that wasn't already illegal and punishable by death in some states. Your post came across as wanting to jail the whole of Christianity for historic stonings.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join