It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The eeriest thing just happened to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I went out on my front porch at 5:15am to smoke a cigarette. I saw what I assumed to be a bum walking in the middle of the road in a shifty manner like he was limping briskly or hobbling. I live in a metro area where vagrants often wander into the neighborhoods. I watched him for about 3 mins hobble slowly towards me. This person finally made it under the street lamp and in the vicinity where my porch light should have illuminated him. i could not make out one discernible feature of this person. I should have been able to make out his garb and even his face clearly. He appeared to be a very one dimensional flat matte black. I got the impression he was fixated on me as if to ask for a cigarette or something. He had just about made it to the curb and was still just a very flat one dimensional black all over. This spooked me so much I ran into the house. Thinking I was being ridiculous I grabbed the dog and ran back on the porch to find absolutely nothing either up the street or down the street. I was only inside the house for about 30 seconds and this person seemed to be in no condition to "sprint" off. The dog was not rattled and seemed fine and about four neighborhood cats were just laying in the middle of the street as if nothing had just walked in their path. I know what I saw as i watched it and anticipated the greater detail from the street lighting. I'm kinda miffed ATM and scratching my head??

~HYP

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Strange happenings my friend! I wonder what you saw. Maybe it was a ghost of a recently deceased homeless person?

Who knows... let's wait and see what other people think of this.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I would say you saw either swamp gas or a large black chinese lantern
. Sounds rather spooky to me although he could have went down the sewer or be under your house right now

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
hey there. I am surprised your dog did not chase the cats that were on the road, or is it used to them? Beyond trying to go all stealth-like with your dog and seek out the shadowman, I am not sure. You could try asking some questions via divination, but make sure you know what you are doing...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

It's gotta be the aliens man.
When in doubt, it's them aliens.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sounds like a Shadow Person to me.
How weird is that!
I'd be right back out on the front porch again tomorrow morning (with a camera this time) if I were you!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I had a similar experience over ten years ago in a park beside the river here in Quebec. I, too, thought that the person was going to come bum a smoke off me (I lived in the shady part of town, rent is cheap, and it was my first apartment)

Many vagrants in the city can be pretty abusive towards people, anyways I turned away from him for a second to plan my escape route, then turned back with smoke in hand ( i was going to give him smoke and walk away) he was no longer there. No trees in immediate area, no way he ran, (there was no time). He just disappeared.

I have heard of other people who noticed these "shadow people", I dont know what to think about this. I always figured aliens would be wearing, I dont know, alien clothing?? I was not too concerned at the time. In fact, reading your Post made me think about that time.

Next time why dont you approach the "subject". Me thinks I will do this, next time I see one. Im always armed nowadays so.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Maybe a hologram? Could be Dept of defense testing?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for the response. The dog "Daisy" is a Jack Russell who was raised with cats. She thinks she is a cat, lol. Whats funny is she barks if an acorn hits the roof. She was totally calm. From what I have read about shadow people is that you just catch a glimpse of them or see them out of the corner of your eye. I think perhaps i have seen this before too, lol who knows. This was different, I was staring at this for sometime. At first I had no idea anything was odd. I dunno, just plain creeped me out...

~Hyp

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
I had a similar experience over ten years ago in a park beside the river here in Quebec. I, too, thought that the person was going to come bum a smoke off me (I lived in the shady part of town, rent is cheap, and it was my first apartment)

Many vagrants in the city can be pretty abusive towards people, anyways I turned away from him for a second to plan my escape route, then turned back with smoke in hand ( i was going to give him smoke and walk away) he was no longer there. No trees in immediate area, no way he ran, (there was no time). He just disappeared.

I have heard of other people who noticed these "shadow people", I dont know what to think about this. I always figured aliens would be wearing, I dont know, alien clothing?? I was not too concerned at the time. In fact, reading your Post made me think about that time.

Next time why dont you approach the "subject". Me thinks I will do this, next time I see one. Im always armed nowadays so.

Yes that does sound similar. Was your subject also featureless or were you to far away to be able to tell? I dunno about the "approach" it was just black. I've been searching google and keep coming up with the shadow people. They seem close, but no cigar. I am totally astounded.

~Hyp

[edit on 6-4-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Did he look like this?? Because, "they"'re here. We just don't all get to see them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
AHHHHH, that is creepy. Mine was full size & gimped forward rather than sideways, with no hat. Come to think of it I did not notice a hair outline, maybe mine wore a skull cap? The little fella in your vid wore garb that shadowed and seemed 3 dimensional. When mine got close it appeared flat black, like an animated construction paper cut-out that moved natural & fluid or something...

~Hyp

[edit on 6-4-2009 by HypnoAsp]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I would say you saw either swamp gas or a large black chinese lantern
. Sounds rather spooky to me although he could have went down the sewer or be under your house right now

he needs you doesn't he? remind me never to go ghost hunting with ya

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This video is clearly of an evil demon gnome suggest throwing it some shoes to play with then putting large holes in it with anti-tank guns. If that fails lace shoes with tree frog poison.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
to the og, have you ever been told you are "gifted" in any way?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't think anyone here can explain what you saw.
If you were smoking something illegal, that's you explanation right there.
I think the best suggestion is to go smoke more often at unusual hours.

Come to think of it, 5:15am is a random time to be up. Even more random time to smoke.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If you were smoking something illegal, that's you explanation right there.

You are ignorant.

Not all "illegal" substances are hallucinogens. You are obviously one that has never crossed that line?

This is why we have alot of ill informed anti-drug crusaders that know nothing about the effects.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I am ignorant? I wasn't insulting the guy or making a bold statement.
No I have not experienced drugs and neither know much about them individually but I can point out a possibility that could lead to conclusion.
I am no crusader at this stage, drugs are not in my interest

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by HypnoAsp

I would ask you to answer a couple of questions for me. I can assure you that I can't give you any answers, but your answers may help me.

How was the weather?
What was the approximate time and date?
About how large or small was he/it?
Did the apparition, or man, appear proportioned correctly?
Did you hear any sounds which were out of place?
How exactly did you feel as you watched it?
Was he/it alone?
And finally, did you see any eyes?

I know these questions seem a bit random, but trust me, they have a purpose. If you would like to know the details, feel free to U2U me; I'm simply trying to gather untainted information. With no offense meant to you, I find that most people tend to answer more clearly and honestly this way; the mind may unconsciously add details which weren't there, and that would defeat the purpose of my asking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join