It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden vows to tackle gun violence after NY massacre

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Biden vows to tackle gun violence after NY massacre

www.abc.net.au

United States Vice President Joe Biden says a new approach must be taken to deal with senseless gun violence after the shooting deaths of 14 people in New York state.

A 42-year-old gunman is believed to have shot 13 people and himself in a premeditated attack at an American Civic Association building in Binghamton, about 290 kilometres north-west of New York City.

The gunman, reported by media outlets to be of Vietnamese origin, had barricaded a car against the back door of the citizenship centre to prevent escape.

Police are still trying to identify the gunman.

He then entered the front of the building and opened fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The occult-government wants us to surrender & give up our weapons, privacy; freedom, and most of all: our sovereignty. They can't have any of us.

We are free to defend ourselves, no matter how many armies patiently wait for their masters to order them to take us away to FEMA camps or disarm us. They don't have any god-given authority over us. Stay free & stay awake!

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I knew they were going to do this.
Just because a tiny minority of people use guns for violence doesnt mean you have to punish everyone.

Politicians always use current breaking news stories for their platforms! Bending it to their ideals and screwing it up for the majority of the country.

Crime happens, no matter if you outlaw part of it, ways will be found around the laws. When will they get that into their heads.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Omg, double post. hate my internets.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sorry triple post. Internet errors.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

all the latest shootings, multipal murders smell like gov. instigation to push gun and ammo laws thru on highest prioity! i don't own a gun nor will i ever buy one. if i feel i need one, i will make one and the ammo, shells, powder and primer, with ready available products. you will have to close all stores because i only need to go shopping. i suggest that everyone start looking at these options. you nwo's forget some people are educated mcgiver's and are at peace till provoked?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluewaterservant
if i feel i need one, i will make one and the ammo, shells, powder and primer, with ready available products.

I thought zip guns went out of style back during, "West Side Story" times?

And good luck going up against someone heavily armed with what you're making.

When all these shootings started, I had a hunch that Obama and Biden wouldn't let this crisis pass without putting it to good use.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Joe Biden.

Just the man I want working on this.

How about enforcing the laws already on the book?

Nah. That's too simple.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
All these shootings are NOT A COINCIDENCE.

They are provacateured, the CIA is sending in patsies that are drugged and mind controlled.

We knew Obama was going after the guns. First you get the shootings, lots of staged terror events, murder a whole bunch of people, and then step up as the savior and demand Congress pass laws to take the guns away.

Same old stuff.

These devil worshipping vampires need to be arrested and tried for treason.

Alex Jones says Biden was in on 9/11, in on the planning, on the Intelligence Committee in Congress. Alex also calls him a Mafia Don, a real criminal, murdering, lying evil guy. Even Dennis Kucinich sticks his hand in his shirt, even if it is the right path. Big deal.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
2 things

1, it was a set up a false flag they made this happen to go one more step to control the power over people..

2 just like with all the missing children, since the NWO own the media they broadcast whatever they need to push forward there own agenda, i mean sh** happens everyday but they only report on things that will feed the sheeple what they want them to hear/see/know

and you hate to have to think like this.. but its the way the world is... and the NWO are taking some big steps and fast towards there agenda, all the pieces seem to be falling into place

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They should begin by removing all guns legally registered and purchased by law abiding citizens then give them to criminals. Eventually the masses will gain a new measure of respect for law enforcement and the authority of this government when they are the only means the people have for protection from armed criminals.

Hey, it could work!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
They should begin by removing all guns legally registered and purchased by law abiding citizens then give them to criminals. Eventually the masses will gain a new measure of respect for law enforcement and the authority of this government when they are the only means the people have for protection from armed criminals.

Hey, it could work!

Excuse me? The government IS the armed criminals. All they want to do is kill us all. That's ALL they want to do. They aren't interested in protecting ANY of us from ANYTHING.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Oh boy, I believe we are going to have a new high spike in gun and ammunition sales now.

This has got to be good for the firearms industries.

Salt of the Earth, don't worry they will do what is in your best interest, all that is required of you is to accept change and have hope for a better more secure future where the government will always be there for you in every aspect of your life. They are your friends not your enemies.

Relax, its all good now.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

A new approach must be taken
. . . . . .

What about an old approach...you know, like the one back when our country was founded; all men had their muskets strapped-on...and no-one dared shoot anyone else, Lest thee be shot dead instantaneously!

2nd Amendment, the way it should REALLY be!!!
(Except for the 'musket' upgrade, of course!)

[edit on 4/5/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Oh boy, I believe we are going to have a new high spike in gun and ammunition sales now.

This has got to be good for the firearms industries.

Salt of the Earth, don't worry they will do what is in your best interest, all that is required of you is to accept change and have hope for a better more secure future where the government will always be there for you in every aspect of your life. They are your friends not your enemies.

Relax, its all good now.

Excuse me? Are you joking? Are you being sarcastic? Are you for real?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
RAH RAH RAH!!! NWO, TPTB! DON'T TAKE MY AK AWAY!!!!

Would someone please show me ONE single piece of actual legislation that is being pushed through BY the President, or Biden for that matter, that is going to take away your guns?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again: "STOCK UP ON GUNS AND AMMO!!"

Do it now before the news laws banning firearms comes – and it will come. Just look at all the other countries around the world that have done it already.

The funny thing is, in the countries like England and Australia where they have anti-gun laws, there has been an increase in gun violence and crimes. So banning guns does not stop the dangerous criminals.

Therefore, make an underground bunker, or a false wall in your house where you can stockpile weapons that will never be found in Gestapo type police raids that will be coming to a neighbourhood near you!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Salt of the Earth

I am very real, there was perhaps a bit of painfully obvious sarcasm in my posts. However, have no fear.

The political cycles have an amazing ability to change things again, in fact what is happening now is proof of that.

Ultimately the future and its long term course is up to the people, not necessarily the democratically elected leaders in government.

Their window of opportunity to impose their agendas will come to an end at some point, what happens then will be up to all who can vote.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What the situation requires is not an overhaul of our gun laws, which historically have not made much difference, but of our mental health system.

Too many dangerous people are slipping through the cracks.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
I have said it before and I will say it again: "STOCK UP ON GUNS AND AMMO!!"

Do it now before the news laws banning firearms comes – and it will come. Just look at all the other countries around the world that have done it already.

The funny thing is, in the countries like England and Australia where they have anti-gun laws, there has been an increase in gun violence and crimes. So banning guns does not stop the dangerous criminals.

And funnily enough, both these countries are awash with American cultural imports - whether it's music, films or games. The gun crimes you're talking about in England are, more often than not, inner-city gang culture related and owe a lot to young men mistakenly believing they actually live in Los Angeles or New York.

Luckily for them, there's a lot of East Europeans more than willing to give them the props for them to enact their dystopian macho fantasies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join