It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do i actually know this is a

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OK last week my eyes opened at 3:15am (My clock sits near my bed), but my body was paralyed. I closed my eyes and began panicked on the inside but tried to keep calm on the out. About 3 minutes later I "regained" my body. I began hyperventilating and had to get a glass of water. I went back to sleep with my television and light on. When I woke up to get ready for school I noticed there was a strange bruise on my arm. I told my mom but she said that it was a ringworm. I tried every antibiotic known to man. But it looks the same way as that day. I have a doctor appointment tuesday. But I have a feeling that wont help.
...Can some one give me some help here?

Here are the links to some of the pictures I took today.

i41.tinypic.com...
i43.tinypic.com...
i39.tinypic.com...
i42.tinypic.com...
i39.tinypic.com...
i43.tinypic.com...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by HarleyGirl]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I think your moms right, thats ringworm. Just coinidence you happened to have an episode of sleep paralysis before you noticed it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HarleyGirl

Well you probably suffered from sleep paraylsis, its common. But I am inclined to believe that during this paralysis state that you were struggling to move? If you were using force while trying to move, it probably caused an epidermis reaction.

Or its a ring worm.

Could be a blister of some sort.

A lot of things it could be but not alien.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well that is the magic question now isn't it?

However from what you've written about this incident it could just be a result of Sleep Paralysis and you may have bumped yourself without having known.

However that bruise pattern is a bit odd, hmm. Ohh well, I would think there are some subject matter experts that could help.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That is definitely NOT ringworm. Ring worm is red, itchy, and not raised. This wound looks much more like a burn that has become infected.

Welcome to the abduction club, man.

O-315

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Have you been hanging around any vampires recently? (jk)
second line.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kcired_tsew

But I had ringworms before and they heal up with in a day or two.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by organism315

I bet this site has the highest ratio's of abductionees than any other site

on the web , for all of these "free travelers"

you think some one would hook up a camcorder

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It certainly does resemble a ring worm.

Is there any way you can take a picture that is a little further away from your arm, as the close up pictures are to fuzzy to be able to see any detail.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by organism315
That is definitely NOT ringworm. Ring worm is red, itchy, and not raised. This wound looks much more like a burn that has become infected.

I beg to differ, in some cases ringworms treated can result in a secondary infection

Misdiagnosis and treatment of ringworm with a injectional steroid can result in tinea incognito, a condition where ringworm fungus will grow without typical features like a distinctive raised border

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Doesnt really look like ringworm.

Ringworm is not raised and does not ooze puss. It is dry , red and scaly.

The doctor can take a swab and diagnose what the issue is.

Dont worry the doc will sort it out for you.

Good luck with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This MAY also be impetigo:

Non-bullous impetigo: This is the common form, caused by both staph and strep bacteria. It appears as small blisters or scabs, which then form yellow or honey-colored crusts. These often start around the nose and on the face, but they also may affect the arms and legs. At times, there may be swollen glands nearby.

Bullous impetigo: This form is caused by staph bacteria that produce a toxin that causes a break between the top layer (epidermis) and the lower levels of skin forming a blister. (The medical term for blister is bulla.) Blisters can appear in various skin areas, especially the buttocks, though these blisters are fragile and often break and leave red, raw skin with a ragged edge. No prior trauma is needed for these blisters to appear.

www.medicinenet.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Sure...
But guys there is also red dots around it.

i44.tinypic.com...

i40.tinypic.com...

i39.tinypic.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The red dots or any redness around the thing may be indication that there is an infection, as will any fluid that weeps from it. If its warm or hot to the touch, then you most likely will have an infection, and you will need to see a doctor immediately. After looking at it, it doesnt seem like ringworm at all now

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Got the same thing when i had my TB jab at school it leaves a round scar as well !

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

The red dots or any redness around the thing may be indication that there is an infection, as will any fluid that weeps from it. If its warm or hot to the touch, then you most likely will have an infection, and you will need to see a doctor immediately. After looking at it, it doesnt seem like ringworm at all now

Yes I agree, it certainly looks infected. I dont know what to think of it. It almost looks like a burn mark or something.

HarleyGirl, The Doctor will know exactly what it is and how to treat it. let us know what the doctor says!

[edit on 6-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

OMG. Guys you would never believe what it is! A rare case of Egzyma. It only develops in a single spot at a time. And must be attended to constantly.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Your pictures are toooo blurry for me to make out what it is...
, so thus I don't know what It could be, u need to take clearer pictures - try taking some more and uploading them again and please make sure that it's clear enough for everyone to see....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarleyGirl
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

OMG. Guys you would never believe what it is! A rare case of Egzyma. It only develops in a single spot at a time. And must be attended to constantly.

I was just about to say, for the most recent pictures you posted, it looks exactly like the eczema that my boyfriend gets. He has a more regular type that flares up year round but ends up with these things every once in awhile.
I've seen them on other people too...
Not tons but definitely looked familiar.
I hope it clears up, doesn't look like much fun.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I tried every antibiotic known to man. But it looks the same way as that day.

There's your problem. Ringworm is a fungal infection, not bacterial. Antibiotics are useful against bacterial infections, but less so against fungal infections. You want to pick up an anti-fungal cream (similar to what is used for Athlete's Foot). That should take care of the issue for you in a week or so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join