It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy of the universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
As the string is plucked. Taking the perfect state of nothingness out of equillibrium into the world of infinity. The universe came into existence. It became more complex simply because in the beginning single entitiy began searching out and performing every possible outcome it was capable of. Eventually leading to matter. Which sought out every possible complexity it was capable of. That eventually spawned stars and planets. The earth in all of its own creation created every possible complexity to make air and oceans and rock. The elements in all of their complexities created and are still creating every possible outcome to make animals and trees. The animals became complex in all its possible outcomes to create all the different species including bacteria, insects and people. People became complex with every possible outcome to become more intelligent and self aware. So in turn the energy that began the creations of every possible complexity has become aware of itself.
We are just a complexity in nature built from the probability that something had to exsist. Its the energy that brought us out of equillibrium that needs explaining. Where did the energy come from?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Are you asking where energy comes from?..if you are its has always existed,you can't create energy.Only convert it from one type to another.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
i feel that energy is God
wish to know others opnion too

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by billj81

As the string is plucked

That opening line is loaded. To say a string 'is plucked' implies somebody plucked it. So when you describe the original perturbation in spacetime in that way, you predispose the argument in favour of God.

What about 'As the string begins to vibrate' instead?

[edit on 5/4/09 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What if it's an infinite cycle that reaches out into every possible possibility and then in the end collapses onto itself with amnesia and then must start all over again to discover itself, for all eternity.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No system has ever been able to begin without the imput of some form of energy. I'm not implying there is a God, but something.

If everything is just a complexity of every possible outcome including the air, people, food, our thoughts and dreams. Then a dream is just as valid as the air we breathe.

Maybe the system wouldn't collapse, but simply cease to exist. Until the system is disturbed out of equillibrium once again. Imagine a guitar string being plucked. It quickly silences. Maybe only an infintessimal unit of a second of the life of that vibration in the guitar strings compares to the universe as we know it. I often consider the fact that we, at some point have to get off of this planet. When our star runs out of hydrogen, collapses in on itself creating far more pressure and heat, and begins to use the next element as fuel. It will expand beyond the borders of our planet assuming we are sucked into it before this happens.
So what if we do get off of the planet. That would not help anything if the vibrations halted and everything simply erased out of existence. There is no escape.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by billj81
No system has ever been able to begin without the imput of some form of energy. I'm not implying there is a God, but something.

To my mind, this is equivalent to saying there can be no beginning, since everything must be caused by a preceding something. What caused that something? That uncaused cause - what caused it?

If everything is just a complexity of every possible outcome including the air, people, food, our thoughts and dreams. Then a dream is just as valid as the air we breathe.

As the potential cause of something, certainly. You may dream one night that you were in a bad road accident. Next morning you decide to leave your car at home and take the train. What caused you to do that? The dream you had.

But it does not make the dream as real as the air you breathe. That's the big difference.

So what if we do get off of the planet. That would not help anything if the vibrations halted and everything simply erased out of existence. There is no escape.

'In the long run,' said John Maynard Keynes, 'we are all dead.' The universe will come to an end the day the usable energy in it is exhausted. I doubt there's any escaping that. Even if some godlike science allowed you to travel between universes, you would at some point come to the end of everything. This is the flip-side of saying that everything, even God, must have a beginning; everything, even God, must have an end.

There are, as far as we have discovered, no infinite quantities in nature. That includes spacetime.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I would say the source of energy is uncertain. But I'm sure of one thing, the Universe as a whole is 100% efficient

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"As the potential cause of something, certainly. You may dream one night that you were in a bad road accident. Next morning you decide to leave your car at home and take the train. What caused you to do that? The dream you had.

But it does not make the dream as real as the air you breathe. That's the big difference."

Sure a car accident is worse than a dream, I don't think anyone can argue that. My point was that if we are just a complexity of the universe, then every expericence seen by everyone, regardless of its consequence is just as valid as the other.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
'In the long run,' said John Maynard Keynes, 'we are all dead.' The universe will come to an end the day the usable energy in it is exhausted. I doubt there's any escaping that. Even if some godlike science allowed you to travel between universes, you would at some point come to the end of everything. This is the flip-side of saying that everything, even God, must have a beginning; everything, even God, must have an end.

There are, as far as we have discovered, no infinite quantities in nature. That includes spacetime.

I completely agree. I would have the opinion that when he states energy is exhausted it sounds like a car running out of gas. I think if spacetime would start breaking down then our experience would be far more dramatic during those last moments. Or possibly a shift to a different state of existence that could stabilize for another long glimpse of time. I would like to think that anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Where did the energy come from?

Well, lets just call it "the source" instead of god, for many define the term god differently.... "the source" as I imagine it is a bundle of pure energy reaching out to the furthest point of the multiverse, and beyond that.

I don't believe that our universe started from nothingness, there was much before, and there will be even more when our universe vanishes. The human mind can't even imagine nothingness, or infinity, it is stupid to use both terms.

Lets just discover things, instead of saying "in the long run we are all dead".... at the end, this doesn't matter, what matters is here and now, and to learn from it.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbashisha
i feel that energy is God
wish to know others opnion too

Based on my study of the Bible, the observation of the Universe via data from Space Telescopes, and some topics I've posted on this matter.

I'd say yes. God could be residing and/or using the giant black holes in the centers of galaxies to create - stars, planets, life. Black holes may even be the physical manifestation of God himself. Keep in mind that black holes are also suspected to be existing in multiple dimensions.

It's actually been hypothesized that Black Holes are well capable of creating stars and influencing the evolution of the galaxy itself, not just a monster with immense appetite.

top topics

join