It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea launches rocket

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Heres an idea maybe Lord Obama can get Stevie Wonder to do a private show for ole Kim Dung Brains just like he did for him, & invite the leaders of the world who acted all puffed up about this & they can have an old fashioned "House Rocking" party. Oooooo & maybe they can get a celebrity Chef to cater the thing & have a live satellite feed on HBO & sell virtual tickets to the event so we all can get a glimpse of stupidity in action.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What happened witch the proud nation of the rising sun? I think they lost their credibility by just letting this amateurs launching rockets over their territory, in Rotterdam we say, "geen woorden maar daden"..

next time a failed test might just hit Tokyo or its Harbor, if they wait that long they don't even have the time to shoot it down...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smokehouseslim

I believe that the main worry was that a Nuke could have been attatched to it.

Which was completely unfounded fear-mongering, the same kind used to justify Iraq.

North Korea doesn't have a single nuclear warhead to begin with.
Nor have they shown the world to be capable of creating a successful fission event, ala they're hopeless 2006 Nuclear Test, which was in all actuality a kiloton blast of conventional explosives attempting to simulate a nuclear event.

You can't justify the use of force on the basis that they "could have" a nuclear warhead.

Just like America "could" let the Nuclear football rip and destroy the world 39 times over, but I don't see anyone to worked up about that possibility.

hell we can stand that again or some nut case firing possible Nukes.

POSSIBLE.
That's the key word here. I.e. unproven, unsubstantiated, baseless probability that something may be true.

Heres an idea lets just start test firing some of our missles & see what happens.

US tests ABM System

US shoots down Minuteman Missile

I'm sorry you were saying?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Oooooo & maybe they can get a celebrity Chef to cater the thing & have a live satellite feed on HBO & sell virtual tickets to the event so we all can get a glimpse of stupidity in action.

Do you ever have anything to contribute to a thread other than your blatantly obvious hatred for Obama?

Sheesh.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

it has NOTHING to do with the supposed satelite, they broke UN sanctions by even constructing and firing off the rocket, it doesn't matter what the hell it was carrying.

These sanctions are put into place for a reason, stop smaller sountries, run by loose cannons, in volatile parts of the world from stirring up world wars based around stupid treaties that will pull larger countries into their little attention monger conflicts.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Oooooo & maybe they can get a celebrity Chef to cater the thing & have a live satellite feed on HBO & sell virtual tickets to the event so we all can get a glimpse of stupidity in action.

Do you ever have anything to contribute to a thread other than your blatantly obvious hatred for Obama?

Sheesh.
I voted for the pudding head

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit85
it has NOTHING to do with the supposed satelite, they broke UN sanctions by even constructing and firing off the rocket, it doesn't matter what the hell it was carrying.

Is this the same UN that everyone decries as a puppet of the NWO that is seeking to control the world? If so, then you should be congratulating N. Korea for standing up to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Is this the same UN that everyone decries as a puppet of the NWO that is seeking to control the world? If so, then you should be congratulating N. Korea for standing up to them.
I agree & while we're at it lets send old Charles Manson a birthday greeting giving him congrats on making it into his 70's, while his victims did not. This is truly a Hallmark moment.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit85

These sanctions are put into place for a reason, stop smaller sountries, run by loose cannons, in volatile parts of the world from stirring up world wars based around stupid treaties that will pull larger countries into their little attention monger conflicts.

Oh you mean like when the US broke the UN Security Council's Resolution 1373 and invaded Iraq without it's approval?

I wouldn't call the US a "smaller country", but they definitely are a loose cannon.

You get a partial credit.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

true that..
they broke the UN resolution and should be punished for it..harshly
And everybody whining that they should have the right to put things into space..Millions of Koreans are friggin' dying cause they can't put anything nutritious into their mouth cause they're megalomane psychotic leaders are trying to build nukes and long range missiles, its ridiculous..
They should have EMP-ed the launch area and any military instalation over there..yet again[in english] put your money where your mouth is

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Oh for the love of God, does every thread about every international incident have to end up defaulting back to NWO babble? SERIOUSLY, you think it's a good thing that a warcrazed egomaniac who is actively seeking nuclear arms is violating UN sanctions that forbid the testing of ICBMs.. which could carry said nuclear arms into either Japan, or US territory? yeah, by all means congratulate the little guy.

Stand up an applaud as he wastes all his countries money on missile tech, while the majority of his country sits in poverty and starves to death. Applaud him again for lying to his people and telling them all was well when his godawful homemade bottle rocket "fails" AGAIN. Easy to say it was a sattelite launch when they figure out the range on the missile, and have it fly directly over an enemy nation, then crash land into the pacific shredding into miniscule pieces.

Good idea.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Oh you mean like when the US broke the UN Security Council's Resolution 1373 and invaded Iraq without it's approval?

I wouldn't call the US a "smaller country", but they definitely are a loose cannon.

You get a partial credit.
Kim Jung & George Dubya should be tried together as war criminals, but I'm sorry that I have come down so hard on the North Koreans, they're none of the 'Ese's Japanese/Chinese/Vietnamese/Taiwanese/ect, they probably feel like a very small lonely forgotten people of the Orient Since none of the other Orientals claim them. Maybe this is why they turned to Russia & Communism for a hand out, when all they needed was to turn to the U.S. & ole Tom McCann for a lift up. They would have felt much better & able to see above all the foolishness.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, then answer me this. Why should the USA be allowed to ignore UN sanctions with impunity, while the rest of the world should be harshly punished?

Oh, yeah. Because of that "policy" I stated earlier. Sorry, I forgot.

SERIOUSLY, you think it's a good thing that a warcrazed egomaniac who is actively seeking nuclear arms is violating UN sanctions that forbid the testing of ICBMs.. which could carry said nuclear arms into either Japan, or US territory?

It's good to know you are able to repeat what you hear on the Prime Time News. I'm sure it is 100% the truth of the matter. I mean, that little country that can't feed its own people, of course it can threaten the whole world with its nuclear arsenal. Of course it can.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

you think it's a good thing that a warcrazed egomaniac who is actively seeking nuclear arms is violating UN sanctions that forbid the testing of ICBMs..

How is that ANY different from what Bush pulled in 2003 when he just invaded Iraq and told the UN Security Council to "GTFO" in so many words.

And America should get a pass because? Because it's the infallible sheriff of the world that can do no harm?

Your two-dimensional views on puritanism and the United Nations (who is just a lackey of the United States) only expouse your own ignorance.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
When did I EVER condone Bush' actions in 2003? I am, and was completely against the war in Iraq. I believe that bush SHOULD be tried as a war criminal, though I doubt it will ever happen. Stop assuming my stance on one subject, based on my stance on another.

Yes, the US violated UN sanctions in 2003, and yes, they SHOULD be reprimanded for it. But saying its OK for NK to do it just because the US did it is ridiculous, and it's that kind of backward thinking and one-up-manship that causes stupid wars over patches of dirt to begin with.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Fifteen threads about the launch and not one about the landing?
Smart, very smart! Smart asses, more like it!

Bass players do it deeper!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Yes, the US violated UN sanctions in 2003, and yes, they SHOULD be reprimanded for it. But saying its OK for NK to do it just because the US did it is ridiculous, and it's that kind of backward thinking and one-up-manship that causes stupid wars over patches of dirt to begin with.

When America is held accountable for it's actions, I might think of applying the same logic to North Korea.

Before you learn to command, you must learn to obey.

What right does America or anyone else have to tell N. Korea to obey UN Council resolutions, when the FOUNDING state of the UN does not?

And you wanna talk about backward logic.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I am not denying that, Bush, CHeney rumsfeld and co. should be persecuted..For they have also used trillions of dollars while their country became bankrupt.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Existing news discussion on this topic found here:

North Korea has launched a rocket, South Korean and Japanese officials say.

Feel free to add coments and opinions in the existing thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join