It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has launched a rocket, South Korean and Japanese officials say.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
More false flags.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verd_Vhett
will not back up what they say they will. I wonder what our military commanders think of this!

How did they not back up what they said they will? They've said since the middle of March they wouldn't shoot it down unless it was going to land on Japan. They did exactly what they said they would and DIDN'T shoot it down.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
i cant belive Japan and the USA wussed out and didnt shoot this thing down...we are weak. we have let a crapy third world nation that is unstable and brainwashes their people scare us. OBAMA is all talk sending all of those anti-missle ships to the koreas, what a little B!&#! are we gonna let all of these insane countries get ICBM nuclear tech and just sit by and watch

Really what would shooting it down accomplish, it may cause the lunatics in charge of N korea do something stupid. Let them have their little missile launch, it really means nothing. They pretend to be crazy, but they aren't really crazy enough to ever really launch a nuke, that is suicide and they know it.

You are right they are a weak crappy third world nation, and no they should not scare you, they have no ability to do anything to the US, unless we are stupid enough to launch a ground offensive against them.

However you say we have to stop these countries from getting nuclear weapons. That is imposible in the long run, nobody can stop progress any country that wants it enough will eventually get it. You cant put the genie back in the bottle, now that nukes exist, they will never go away until humans lose their lust for power.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Letting the missile launch was a lot smarter than shooting it down. There was a lot more to learn by letting it go than by shooting it down. I'm sure the SBX was watching every minute of the flight, and learned a lot of valuable information about the missile.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You know... what scare me most is the fact that there is A LOT of people at ATS wanting the SHTF and we get in WW3 (trigger-happy we could say)

I was hoping the human race has evolved a little more since the ww2.

Master Fear Before it Becomes Your Master

[edit on 4/4/09 by blackcube]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I can only hope the person you replied to reads this post. I don't want another, "They DID find them dubya-em-deez!" scenario. Star for ignorance denial.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Where does this hatred and animosity for NK come from? They have never harmed the US, they may have sent in small groups of soldiers into South Korea but always unsuccessfully, and let me remind you they are still at war.

Some of you call Little Kim a warmongering lunatic, thats probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard considering the fact that they haven't INVADED another country since the Korean War. In fact US has better track record than the NK when it comes to warmongering.

You want a crazed warmongering nation? Look between Mexico and Canada. You want a crazed warmongering nation that ignore UN policies? Look north of Cuba.

And for the idiots who ask why the NK need a satellite, why the hell did the US need one back in 1958?

[edit on 5-4-2009 by DrChuck]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Id agree dr... but N Korea was lying..

AS it turned out, it wasn't a satellite. Whatever it was, didnt make a single orbit..

hmmmmmmm

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

It's hard to make an orbit when the rocket fails. I still say this was a disguised missile test, but either way, the rocket failed so nothing COULD have made an orbit. They were nowhere near orbital insertion for anything when it failed.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So apparently the UN have called an emergency meeting b/c of this now...

The meeting is taking place, as we speak.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

They won't do anything. They'll pass more sanctions that won't do anything, maybe censure NK, which won't do anything, and life will go on as before.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Tend to agree w/ you. Just thought I'd update everyone reading this thread; it'll go around in circles as it always does.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Like Zaphod says it never made it to orbit. South Korea and Russia has told the media that the NK rocket did have a satellite, but who knows.
english.sina.com...

Until it is retrieved we won't know. And for all we know the "Allies" can lie about the payload of the rocket, for their own agenda.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

Very good, DrChuck. I'm on the same thought line.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Does Obama look weak or a Hero for not shooting it down, since it wasn't a threat? If it was shot down would have NK retaliated? I dunno.

Waste of money, sending all those Carriers to the region.

Letting a dog #, literally, nation scare one of the most powerful countries in the world, Japan. Sad, really...

Off to the UN they go..
More sanctions that will hurt the people, not the government.

*Sigh*

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Waste of money, sending all those Carriers to the region.

What carriers? There weren't any carriers involved in this at all. There were four destroyers and they were based in Japan, or were in the region to begin with.

<< 1   >>

join