It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea has launched a rocket, South Korean and Japanese officials say.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

www.cnn.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

There is also a link to msnbc..

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 4-4-2009 by bknapple32]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, it happened. News officials from South Korea say the rocket has flown over Japan...

More at the top of the hour from South Korea's president.. Nothing from Obama yet..

Does this change things? Id sure say so...

Seems like they just want to start a fight.... Typical little guy jealous of all the big boys.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well 5 minutes gone by. No word from an official government.

Cant wait for the spin doctors to explain Obamas reaction

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Now japanese media is saying that the rocket NEVER flew over Japan....

hmmm odd. got this from foxnews tv

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Quoted from the Bbc news story. "The US called the launch "provocative" and the Japanese government described it as "regrettable".
Hmm not raising to the bait?

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Matt.Trakker]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
anybody else worried that it wasnt THE USA that first saw and reported a rocket launch??

We are relying on Japan to tell us when N Korea fires a rocket??????

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Is there a reason we shouldn't trust the Japanese? Sorry Didnt think it was any different from saying "yanks".

[edit on 4-4-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They just reported on the BBC World Service that the USA will take "appropriate action" in response to the missile launch.

The news apparently came from SOUTH KOREA.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NateNute
Is there a reason we shouldn't trust the Japs?

racial slur aside.... its not about trust.. i just think we should be paying as much, if not more, attention than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
anybody else worried that it wasnt THE USA that first saw and reported a rocket launch??

We are relying on Japan to tell us when N Korea fires a rocket??????

What do you mean by that? explain because ive just caught this recently. I havnt really been giving it much attention. Alaberate

Edit : Having seen your replies

Like i thought you were lumping them all together. Being racist. But i thought id try find out for sure first. Such a stupid comment. Makes you sound ignorant. A gooks a gook right?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So what if the US wasn't the first to report it. It's not like the naval ships in the area are connected to the news outlets. Just because we weren't the first to report it doesn't mean that we weren't paying attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This just in, North Korea launched rocket, world didn't end...

*yawn* Why was there a big hullabaloo again?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
BBc news 24 has had the news flash Up on screen all the way through click. The Bbc tech show. The ONLY news flash. Not scrolling. Just plastered to the bottom of the screen all 24 minutes. They must think its important

edit : right now i should say

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Listen, who is really afraid of North Korea any more. All they have are a few long range rockets, a crazed dictator and a starving third world population that has been left behind by those in the south. They will never have a nuclear bomb, and if they ever do, we will be there to invade as we did in Iraq for WMDs.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
Listen, who is really afraid of North Korea any more. All they have are a few long range rockets, a crazed dictator and a starving third world population that has been left behind by those in the south. They will never have a nuclear bomb, and if they ever do, we will be there to invade as we did in Iraq for WMDs.

North Korea is the new East Germany I guess, except Russia is China in this case. All in proxy, as I'm pretty sure China has defended North Korea in the past, and if I can recall correctly didn't say a word about this launch.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i cant belive Japan and the USA wussed out and didnt shoot this thing down...we are weak. we have let a crapy third world nation that is unstable and brainwashes their people scare us. OBAMA is all talk sending all of those anti-missle ships to the koreas, what a little B!&#! are we gonna let all of these insane countries get ICBM nuclear tech and just sit by and watch

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Why were we lied to earlier in the day? First they say there was a launch, then they retract it, then tonight they inform us there really was a launch. Reminds me of when the BBC reported the Trade center went down before it really did. Here's a link to prove the launch was reported earlier today and then claimed a mistake.

"A false alarm was sounded in Japan Saturday when the government announced North Korea had carried out an expected rocket launch. But the Japanese government's emergency network, headquartered at the Prime Minister's office, acted prematurely. It announced at 12:16 p.m. local time Saturday North Korea had fired the rocket. Five minutes later an embarrassed Japanese government retracted the alert."

www.voanews.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wyleecoyote

It was a detection error. They happen all the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well, we all knew this was gonna happen. I guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of launch this actually was.

Although I'm sure it's safe to say it was just a communications satellite, they don't really seem that worried to me. CNN broke the news and then immediately cut to some special about MLK Jr, that caught me off guard, even for CNN.

Anyway, I am not too worried. I'm sure they'll pull an immediate UN security meeting or something and just flail their arms as usual.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I know Oboma would cower to North Korea he this man has just shown the world that America is week and will not back up what they say they will. I wonder what our military commanders think of this!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join