It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rapture is Only Days Away (April 3, 2009)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cbashisha

but i really want to know if rapture concept is true i dont want to go around tellin people lie abt something that isnt true.

That's something you're going to have to decide all on your own.
A simple Google search will bring up hundreds of thousands of posts of information.

I can't share my belief of the Rapture with you.

Why? Because it doesn't matter - at the end of the day the Rapture just doesn’t matter.

What matters is today, this minute, not even tomorrow.

By my way of thinking if I follow one rule to the best of my ability - and that rule is to love one another as you want to be loved - then I don’t have anything to worry about. Rapture, no rapture, second coming, whatever...

That one simple rule, and acting on it takes care of my every need.

And if I'm wrong about Christ - even that doesn't matter - because I will have lived a good honest loving life and can go to my grave knowing I did my best never to cause pain to another.

Sounds hokey - oh well.

peace

[edit on 5-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The post about the Blossom Goodchild. I am laughing. This was funny.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture.
That's soul-candy invented by Nelson Darby in the 1800s.
The rapture cult feels good so it spread through fundamentalist protestantism.
It is completely unscriptural and just bad interpretations.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You are correct. What matters is Today. The present. When the day comes then it will only matter that present day.

You can't spend your whole life worrying about something thats in the future. YOu might not be here tomorrow, so then you have no worry for the "Rapture days away" problem.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I like your cool design. With the purples, and Pinks. Is that like "chakra" or energy, some sort of clearing thing. or Just Aesthetics for the eye.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You guys have some cool, very cool pictures on the left hand side. I'm not that advanced on ATS [ hear booing already ] . I am trying my best.

Found this.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The God of the Living

thanks. It's just a design that tricks the eye. It looks like it's moving but it really isn't. The eye makes it look like it has movement. Optical illusion.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

well i agree with u

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dougl

What is even stranger is that the Rapture (from Harpdzo=to seize violently) wasn't even a concept until a Hundred years ago.

All of those "Christian" writers making money off of scaring people to death. "May the Good Lord Terry till after my book makes the #1 Seller's list"...."Thank you Jesus".

"He shall gather out of the earth all things that OFFEND"

Good Luck with being "seized violently"

Peace

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dougl i believe that you can accept Christ after the rapture, it is in the bible. are you saying there will be no mediator? that we pray directly to God? my belief is God only hears our prayers through Jesus. as for the holy spirit, this dwells within you, when the rapture takes place i think the holy spirit goes with the people but i also believe you can

still pray for the holy spirit to come to you after the rapture, those 144,000 virgin jews are going to need it.
i don't think the rapture will be in a couple day's but who am i? i do think that all spiritual beings are working in high gear and it is reaching it's peak.
i also believe aliens are demons and are using us to try and get back into this other dimension that they were kicked out of and christians are going to: by trying to get our dna.
i don't know what bible verse or where to find it but the bible speaks of a big wedding where there will be a few who were not not dressed properly (invited)? they will be cast out. are these aliens posing as humans? could be

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Interesting dreams to be sure...

However I will quote Bob Marley on how I feel about "the Rapture"

"Most people think great God will come from the sky... take away everything and make everybody feel high. But, if you know what life is worth you will look for yours right here on earth". --Bob Marley

People always think and hope that some being outside of themselves will "save" them... But my belief is that we save or damn ourselves. There will be no aliens or Deities coming to whisk everyone "worthy" away to some paradise where they can live in eternity in peace and harmony. That comes from within and you either have it or you dont.

still, an interesting read to say the least..

[edit on 4/5/2009 by TONE23]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady is there a quota on how many threads must be started? if so please let me know so i can continue to listening to others who do. without being kicked off.
if you watch and read you will see that alot of people have already started a thread about what is on your mind. if you can't find one, then start a thread but watch out for poeple who have nothing better to do than tear someone elses idea's apart.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbashisha
reply to post by silo13

but i really want to know if rapture concept is true
i dont want to go around tellin people lie abt something that isnt true.

I have no idea if the rapture is real or not, I don't even know if the bible or God is real anymore? I used to believe in all of this stuff, as a kid and yes it terrified me to no end. I am actually waiting for it to happen to see if it is real or not. Many Christians believe that the Christmas they had was their last. many Christians are writing letters to their families, friends who are unsaved and telling them about the rapture. It is scary to think that if this is not real then a lot of them are going to go into debt. Many of them are not paying their bill or mortgages because they really believe that the rapture is going to happen soon!! Last year if anyone remembers they thought the rapture was going to ahppen in September! Well, September came and went and it didn;t happen.

I personally believe that this will not happen, if it is true that the bible has been rewritten many times over, I think the church re wrote the bible to scare people about a non existent thing, called the Rapture, just so people could become Christian. Think about it, what is the best way for the church to make money, by scary the # out of normal everyday people, so they can go to church, feel good about themsleves and give the church lots and lots of money!!!! If this is not the case then yes I am screwed, but I am willing to place my soul on the line just to find out!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dougl

[snip]

I believe that the only reason I am writing this is to let everyone know I was not taken by aliens. I think that the government and the world will tell you that all the missing children and the Christians who have the Holy Spirit that have suddenly dissapeared were taken by aliens or maybe they will say it was a solar flare. Do not be surprised if you see lots of black objects in the sky, they are not from another world. They are part of "the devil's plan to confuse you. Everything you need to know is in Revelations, in the Bible. You will be able to become a Christian after the Rapture, I do not know if the Holy Spirit will be here though. Do not accept the mark of the beast.

[snip]

You write as though you think you are the only one here who would be "raptured"... as if you feel you are better than others here... a person of the truest "rapturable" heart would not feel this way. Please be careful that your religion has not made you self-righteous and holier-than-thou. I write that, not as a flame, but sincerely. It is one of the most widely flaunted results of todays organized religions.

Perhaps the "rapture" dream you had will come true... but it is your interpretation of your rapture. It is your time and not of all humans. Nothing in your dream described others being involved. If that is the case, I wish you well. We shall all be there someday.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

I feel the same as you do, i really dont wat to mess up my life on some weird concept. but my point here is many people have claimed to have seen spirits so in case spirit exist then for sure i guess there would be a God. so still confused . probably i've to try the link which bobby posted abt opening portal to find some useful truth myself .

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cbashisha

I feel the same as you do, i really dont wat to mess up my life on some weird concept. but my point here is many people have claimed to have seen spirits so in case spirit exist then for sure i guess there would be a God. so still confused . probably i've to try the link which bobby posted abt opening portal to find some useful truth myself .

hmm interesting, my husband and I have come to the conclusion that if spirits exist including child spirits then there is no God, because according to the bible, God is supposed to let all children go to heaven. Since ghosts exist, I have come to the conclusion that there is no God. I feel many christians will be pissed off when this rapture thing doesn't happen! Then they will realize how stupid the rapture sounds. Then again I could be wrong! I don't really believe in any other religion, I just can't put faith in religions that I feel are false! Then again if it does happen tomorrow, then like I said i am screwed!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Where in the bible does it say that all children go to heaven? I am no biblical scholar, but this is news to me. I thought that original sin meant that non-baptized children wouldn't be allowed into heaven... at least in certain schools of thought.

I guess what I am saying is that it seems to be a bit of a stretch to dismiss god because you believe in spirits.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

i dont know what u consider as spirits, to me spirits means demonic spirit that is satan and his fallen angels, i dont believe in ghost i've learnt that when a person dies the spirit goes to God and the body to the dust and only after jesus second coming will the dead rise. so if people talk abt child spirit i guess that satan is deceiving everyone coming in the form of any dead person. i learnt this from SDA teaching. you can also check it out in www.amazingfacts.org

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by echodogene

My comment about the # of threads the OP has started was meant to reflect that this must really be important for him to post about this topic. People that are silent get my attention when they do speak. I took his post very seriously.
Peace.
sad_eyed_lady

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Whoa! I check dougl's proflie.
This is the first thread he started.
You never know..............................

Doug posted it on April 3, with reference to next few days...

So what will exactly happen within a week?

Easter! Christ crucifed, buried and ressurected.

Maybe I am wrong, but Doug could be a very religious person and he's just experiencing the Easter time very intensively.

Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join